Great Tasting Vinyl

My Diana Krall - Live in Paris LP (45 rpm, RTI pressing) just reached me! its gonna be one heck of an evening!

Hi Manav,

Enjoyed the James Taylor song Mud Slide Jim quite a bit, thanks for the you tube link :)
Bet it sounds fab on ur TT!

Glad you liked it Denom!

The evening was reserved for Diana Krall Live in Paris.... whew! she sounds soooooo good on 45RPM!

Now listening to Lightning Hopkins (self titled)... My copy is an old crown records release... the cover is quite worn, but the LP is MINT!

it sounds superb! the more i listen to the stuff form the 60s and 70s, the more impressed i am with the recording technique!

here is a song from the album (just listen to the purity in the simplistic sounds):

Lightnin' Hopkins - Give Me Back That Wig - YouTube

Hi Manav,

Do you have any albums of Uriah Heep? Ideally their albums very 'eavy very 'umble & demons & wizards

VeryEavyVeryUmble.jpg

Demons_and_Wizards.jpg

Also do listen to this band
Ghost

Their album "Opus Eponymous" is mind blowing & available on LP!!!

Ghost "Opus Eponymous (Picture Disc)" 12" - Metal Blade Records

Do give these albums a serious consideration, as i'm 100% sure they will sound mind blowing on your rig! :licklips:

^^ bro, denom, I have both the Heep Albums on vinyl plus a few more! and yes, Heep sounds superb on vinyl!

my fav is the very heavy, very humble album and also Innocent Victim! My first intro to Heep and Led Zep was on Vinyl, thanx to my dad! I actually inherited "innocent victim" and led zep 1,2,3 & 4 from him, along with a few hundred other jewels!

I am wary of Opus, as it clearly is very demonaic...

Just concluded with a fantastic Jazz album: Gary Burton & Stephane Grapelli - Paris Encounter...

One of the tracks which is a known Django Reinhart composition is redone by them on this album... absolutely mesmerizing! it called Daphne... outstanding stuff, like the rest of the album...

Currently playing: The Who - Who's Next (an original Decca first cut in NM condition) sounds fabulous!

Reserved for tomorrow morning: Uriah Heep - very 'eavy! (thanks Denom for putting this back to the front of my playing radar!)

^^ bro, denom, I have both the Heep Albums on vinyl plus a few more! and yes, Heep sounds superb on vinyl!

my fav is the very heavy, very humble album and also Innocent Victim! My first intro to Heep and Led Zep was on Vinyl, thanx to my dad! I actually inherited "innocent victim" and led zep 1,2,3 & 4 from him, along with a few hundred other jewels!

I am wary of Opus, as it clearly is very demonaic...

Glad you have the Heep Albums :yahoo: Was introduced to Heep by my dad too albeit on Cassettes:)

As for Ghost, now now, don;t get scared off by all that mumbo jumbo marketing spiel :p
Listen to these songs, they have wonderful melody :p

Ghost - Elizabeth - YouTube

GHOST - Ritual.. - YouTube

Hear their version of the famous Beatles Song :p I think its AWESOME!

Ghost-Here comes the sun - YouTube

^^interesting sounds denom!!!
liked their take on the Beatles track.
also, refreshingly their sound is not over produced...

Glad you liked the Ghost Tunes :)
Yes the sound is very simple & clean. Thats what attracted me to the songs besides the lovely melody.
So are you planning to get their LP ??? :rolleyes:
They will sound even better on a LP!

One of the most delicious sounding vinyls for BOTH content and SQ: Lee Morgan's The Sidewinder...

I don not have the newer copy... in fact I have one of the original 1st lot copies. It sounds freaking awesome!

Incidentally, for Lee, the title track was a mere filler, but it turned out to be the track that he is most remembered for...

one listen to it and you're hooked! sizzlin'!

Here's the title track:

Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder - YouTube

Next up, before I turn in: lee ritenour's "rit". a very popular album from the early 80s.

Now, if you don't know about Lee, its quite a shame!

he is one of the most versatile Jazz fusion guitarists... been on top of many guitarist polls, has over 19 grammy nominations to his credit AND is UNCREDITED for the guitar work on Pink Floyd's "one of my turns" from The Wall album (among a few other songs like "run like hell"... yes the heavy riffs are all his!)

here is a track from Rit:

Lee Ritenour - Is it You with eric tagg - YouTube

tasty, eh?!

Started my listening session with the mellow sounds of George Harrison's first solo album ( a humongous album spanning 3 discs.) sounds darned good for a 1970's recording... and it is easily the BEST george harrison solo album.

now, its time to adrenalize! just got my copy of Metallica's "And Justice For All"... its my fav Metallica album...

and yeah, it sounds great on vinyl!

Hi Manav,

Listening to Lee Morgan & Lee Ritenour brings back the old memories of my dad's rig - used to hear these tracks played quite a bit during my childhood. Thanks for the nostalgia trip :)

As for the 'Tallica AJFA album, true classic - one of their best albums & yeah must be sounding awesome on ur rig :licklips:

Am so very jealous of you!!! :D Enjoy bro enjoy :cheers:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back