Great Tasting Vinyl

Another great LP that I found was "AMAZING BLONDEL - Bad Dreams"

Its an lesser known English Acid Folk Band. Absolutely awesome find!

Even you tube has very little on them, hence couldn't find a track from this particular album that I picked up. But just so you guys can sample the sound here is two vid's:

enjoy!

Blondel are nice enough as pleasant , light English folk bands go. Not my band of choice for the genre as such. Nice to own on LP though. The "England" album is quite good. Had seen a copy in a Cambridge record store when I was in the US, but dropped it due to baggage limitations and availability of far superior stuff

Blondel are nice enough as pleasant , light English folk bands go. Not my band of choice for the genre as such. Nice to own on LP though. The "England" album is quite good. Had seen a copy in a Cambridge record store when I was in the US, but dropped it due to baggage limitations and availability of far superior stuff

stop being a tease and share some stuff!

Beautiful album. I do have this, but on reel tape. Not a big fan of Lata as such but this one is certainly the goods
Not a Lata fan either. I like sweet voice of Suman Kalyanpur. Not Hindi movies stuff, which were perceived as an amazing resemblance to Lata. But can hear Marathi songs by Suman Kalyanpur any day.
Regards

stop being a tease and share some stuff!

Well, for British folk in general, I'd go with the front-runners - Fairport Convention / Steeleye Span, and their various offshoots / solo artists like Sandy Denny, Richard Thompson, Albion Band, Maddy Prior, Gay & Terry Woods, Silly Sisters etc.

If you like your folk with a bit of jazz, blues and gospel thrown in, you can't go wrong with the Pentangle's "Basket of light", "Sweet Child" and "Reflection"

Sorry I can't share vids - my office internet blocks youtube, and most of these probably don't feature there anyway

Just listening to another hard to get album on vinyl...

L. Subramanium & Stephane Grapelli - Conversations

Surprisingly I got this one from the US. Haven't seen this on here...

I remember that my dad had it on tape (actually, he still does!). It was a constant companion, along with a McCoy Tyner tape, when I was preparing for my Xth board exams so, so many years ago!

Somewhere in the mid-90s, Sony came out with a 10 disc compilation called "The Roots of Acid Jazz"... I used to have one or two on CD as they were printed in limited quantities and hard to get...

Then when the vinyl bug hit me, I decided to look for the series on Vinyl. Only to find that getting them on Vinyl is even harder....

But, my efforts finally paid off and after great expense managed to import a sealed copy of Vol 7!

here's a sampler of what you'd find on it!

YouTube - ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE 'Main Title' - John Barry (HQ + ending)

and....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqICC_yeTo

Last edited:
Well, for British folk in general, I'd go with the front-runners - Fairport Convention / Steeleye Span, and their various offshoots / solo artists like Sandy Denny, Richard Thompson, Albion Band, Maddy Prior, Gay & Terry Woods, Silly Sisters etc.

If you like your folk with a bit of jazz, blues and gospel thrown in, you can't go wrong with the Pentangle's "Basket of light", "Sweet Child" and "Reflection"

Sorry I can't share vids - my office internet blocks youtube, and most of these probably don't feature there anyway

Been wanting these, but haven't seen them around here... Looks like ebay will be a good resource for these...

I haven't heard Pentangle. Will check 'em out on you tube and hopefully score a couple of their vinyls as well!

All this talk of Ananda Shankar had me digging out his self titled 1970 record, which I've had for some time now but never took the time to listen to. Well, I freaked out on his version of Rolling Stones' Jumping Jack Flash and The Doors' Light My Fire. Are there any more such albums?

That's the very same one that I have! Its lovely ain't it?

Been wanting these, but haven't seen them around here... Looks like ebay will be a good resource for these...

I haven't heard Pentangle. Will check 'em out on you tube and hopefully score a couple of their vinyls as well!

I do have a couple of friends who'd managed to score some Sandy / Fairport / Span LPs off Chor Bazaar back in the 90s, but I'm guessing those days are long gone now. Everything I have of them on LP, I've got from the US.

Pentangle, if anything, are even harded to find on vinyl, as they were comparitively low sellers to the more "mainstream" Fairport and Span (they at least each had one British Top 20 hit). Purely for the joy of listening on vinyl, though, I would actually recommend a couple of Pentangle's 80s albums "Open the door" and "In the round". They sound fantastic.

Oddly enough, I don't think I've played this album at all since purchasing the CD. Nor my In Rainbows LP. Need to revisit, I guess.

Will you / Have you ordered The King of Limbs yet?

Oddly enough, I don't think I've played this album at all since purchasing the CD. Nor my In Rainbows LP. Need to revisit, I guess.

Will you / Have you ordered The King of Limbs yet?

No man... not a great Radiohead fan... but I did like Thom's solo album a lot... I downloaded it for sampling the music and then, bought it on vinyl!

Incidentally, many reviewers feel that the vinyl sounds way better than the cd release of this album!

And now for the grand finale of the evening- a gig that was performed over 40 years ago!

The main participants: Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, Dave Mason, Chris Wood, Rick Grech, Reebop Kwaku Baah, Jim Gordon. aka: Traffic
the album: Welcome to the canteen

Darned hard to find this one. even harder to find a MINT copy like mine!

Here is sample of the heavenly sounds!

YouTube - Traffic - Gimme Some Lovin'

And now for the grand finale of the evening- a gig that was performed over 40 years ago!

The main participants: Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, Dave Mason, Chris Wood, Rick Grech, Reebop Kwaku Baah, Jim Gordon. aka: Traffic
the album: Welcome to the canteen

Darned hard to find this one. even harder to find a MINT copy like mine!

Great album. The extended version of "Dear Mr Fantasy" is killer

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back