HAA Critical Listening Guide to Assess Audio Performance

Seven eight years back or so , I was all into these Audiophile recordings , checking all the subtle nuances claimed by the host , or the liner notes , or reference material published thereof.
Have gone through the catalogue of Dali CD all four volumes , Chesky Refefence Recordings , Thorens 125th Anniversary record , several UE Demo discs ,ECM Reference CDs , the works …

And I realised 99.9% of that kind of music was sterile , antiseptic, lifeless , absolutely coma inducing.
The kind that plays on Hifi shows , in Bristol for instance where I’ve been myself.

Unless classic rock music from the seventies sounds good , especially the ones not so well recorded, like Rolling Stones Beggar’s Banquet, or a Kishore mono recording from the fifties , your setup is not good , no matter how many crores went into it.

Seven eight years back or so , I was all into these Audiophile recordings , checking all the subtle nuances claimed by the host , or the liner notes , or reference material published thereof.
Have gone through the catalogue of Dali CD all four volumes , Chesky Refefence Recordings , Thorens 125th Anniversary record , several UE Demo discs ,ECM Reference CDs , the works …

And I realised 99.9% of that kind of music was sterile , antiseptic, lifeless , absolutely coma inducing.
The kind that plays on Hifi shows , in Bristol for instance where I’ve been myself.

Unless classic rock music from the seventies sounds good , especially the ones not so well recorded, like Rolling Stones Beggar’s Banquet, or a Kishore mono recording from the fifties , your setup is not good , no matter how many crores went into it.
True that. But again once you get the emotion and feel right it's good to use this to get the placement of speakers right

Ah yes , for placement purposes , soundstage etc some of these recordings are helpful indeed.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back