Has Anyone tried SPOTIFY here

What!! you must have listened on a seriously crappy damaged speaker ....lol ...kidding,:D:D:D:D I thought spotify has the BEST streaming quality so far of all the audio streaming services I have given a try (including PAndora)

Sam
You are right the music quality is good! I have playing Spotify for over a month and after trial and error found the best way to enjoy it. Computer USB out to USB in on my Peachtree Decco . Then preout from Decco to UPA 7 power amp. The Sabre Dac in the Decco does wonders to the sound. Even low bit rates sound good. In fact I have become addicted to Spotify. It's reputation is well deserved!
BTW how do you download the equalizer plug in?

Did anyone tried the Fidelify version of the Spotify streaming service. The advantage is that it allows you to choose an external DAC for playback with support for ASIO and WASAPI but albeit only with the paid version of the Spotify. I haven't tried it as I do not have the paid version. Still in the beta version with some issues.

no ..no paid version manni ... reason being there is not much of a need. I am ok with the ads they are not that irritating ...... I dont need offline listining apart from this ..... I dont find any reason to go paid ...... so yea, at present I will stick to free ........

no ..no paid version manni ... reason being there is not much of a need. I am ok with the ads they are not that irritating ...... I dont need offline listining apart from this ..... I dont find any reason to go paid ...... so yea, at present I will stick to free ........

Good to know, even I am doing the same just the free version. I got the spotimote server installed on the PC and controlling the same on the android mobile. Its a nice app and works well, simple and good enough.

I got the spotimote server installed on the PC and controlling the same on the android mobile. Its a nice app and works well, simple and good enough.

yep I am doing the same ....:)

Thanks for this post guys. I always thought Spotify and Pandora don't work in India

I dont see the thanks button used again ... :D :D

Good to know, even I am doing the same just the free version. I got the spotimote server installed on the PC and controlling the same on the android mobile. Its a nice app and works well, simple and good enough.

I use the premium version as I listen to spotify via various devices.The premium version's supposed to provide 320kbps stuff where available and th equality is really really decent:)

Even I am using spotify on various devices. The free one.

Hi Sam,

Is there a way to get it working on openelec/xbmc?

I saw a pandora add-on (however it didnt work for me at the login page maybe due to ip restrictions) but couldnt see a spotify one. The only spotify add-on is spotlight but it only works with a premium account.

Not sure if they work with a free one.

Hi Sam,

I saw a pandora add-on (however it didnt work for me at the login page maybe due to ip restrictions) but couldnt see a spotify one. The only spotify add-on is spotlight but it only works with a premium account.

I think there is no specific addon but you can customize a "Program Addon" and link the Spotify exe, so that when you click on the same it opens up the Spotify application. In the same option you can first load the VPN application to point to US country and then load the Spotify. This should work fine as I was able to do for Netflix and it works without any issues. I used to play netflix on chrome browser, so I call the URL in chrome browser and it had the netflix bypass plugin already installed it opens up without any country restriction. I think there is a webplayer for Spotify, which should work similar to Netflix on a chrome browser and should be simple. I have not tried it but I have seen the same on the Spotify site.

Good luck.

Hi Sam,

I will have to dig in to it ... to see an alternative, which I can only do once my HTPC os up and running ... :) which is waiting for the HT to complete ...:)

after reading this thread, went to youtube and using tunnelbear installed on my Nexus 5 - it works!!

So this thread helped you ... I dont see the thanks button pressed AGAIN!!!! :mad: ...lol ....just kidding :D:D

Back