Has Anyone tried SPOTIFY here

I think as you used your daughter's CC when creating your Spotify a/c I believe it should work and may be the CC is being charged and hence not a free account.

Its a free account. When I tied to change the music quality to high, it says upgrade to premium for that. I did not use the credit card for creating the Spotify account. I only used it to create an apple store ID so I could download Spotify. Even when I was in USA, I initially could not download Spotify as my apple store ID had initially been created in India. I had to create a new Ap store ID in USA using USA card.

Its a free account. When I tied to change the music quality to high, it says upgrade to premium for that. I did not use the credit card for creating the Spotify account. I only used it to create an apple store ID so I could download Spotify. Even when I was in USA, I initially could not download Spotify as my apple store ID had initially been created in India. I had to create a new Ap store ID in USA using USA card.

Oh then good for you :)

and for firefox users its anonymoux plug-in with 500mb free limit

will try spotify now...

currently im very happy with pandora radio cuz of new music of my matching taste
the mobile android app for pandora is awesome works with surfeasy 750mb free

the quality is decent enough...you can't compare the 320kbpsCBR/VBR or Flac etc but for free streaming im not complaining either

grooveshark has comparatively better quality for some songs you'll find
I can easily find most hindi music without a problem

Last edited:
Ok Update related to Spotify after a long time. Anyone using Spotify App on windows desktop will know that spotify has not come up with a service which allows to cast/stream music from PC to UPnP or Airplay or Chromecast ........ The latest version of Spotify on Android lets you cast music to other PCs running spotify or chromecast (Plus there are other way also on Android to stream musci from Apotify to UPnP or Airplay)....

BUT PC version has no such feature. For rescue comes this awsome application called Airfoil for windows .... which can stream/cast any audio running on your PC including Spotify to an Airplay device (no UPnP here sorry), but since MoOde supports both Airplay and UPnP, I had no trouble streaming from Spotify desktop app to my Audio Engine A5+ speakers connected to E10 USB DAC connected to Rasp Pi running MoOde.

Hope this would be helpful to people who use spotify PC app :)

1z556c1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Sam9s.....

You have solved a big dilemna that I was facing ......

I was using rdio....i found the sound quality pretty good but after it closed down, i hunted high & low and finally settled on guvera.

Somehow, I have never liked the SQ of guvera though i found it better than gaana.com

My bro uses in USA and he is very impressed.

So, I finally juggled with the hola unblocker and lo presto ....there was spotify.

Haven't had the time to devote to some listening (which i shall do this week), i am just so excited that Spotify is there.

Thanx Sam9s !!

One q that i have.....i have created my own account....I was trying to use my brother's login id also but somehow I was getting an incorrect password error (despite using the correct one).

where am i going wrong on this....

cheers,

for incorrect password, frankly I have no idea .... can your brother log in, in US using the same credentials .. ??

SAM9S Iam interested in subscribing to Spotify is it possible using Indian CC?
Are planning for a group sub is so pls let me know.

I use Airtel's Wynk and it serves my purpose quite fine.
320 kbps streaming is possible.

Wynk on Moto X Play -> bluetooth -> Bose Bluetooth Audio Adapter -> Optical -> Fiio D03 -> NAD

Works decent. I suspect upgrading FiiO will make a world of a difference.

SAM9S Iam interested in subscribing to Spotify is it possible using Indian CC?
Are planning for a group sub is so pls let me know.

Not using indian CC but paypal, do you have a paypal account, and connected to your indian CC. if yes then let me know and we can try the family plan .... we need 5 people to fully utilize the family plan. Comes to 6 USD+1 USD will be for playpal transaction. .....

I use Airtel's Wynk and it serves my purpose quite fine.
320 kbps streaming is possible.

Wynk on Moto X Play -> bluetooth -> Bose Bluetooth Audio Adapter -> Optical -> Fiio D03 -> NAD

Works decent. I suspect upgrading FiiO will make a world of a difference.

This is no Airtel Wynk thread, atleast have the courtesy to claim OFF Topic...
BTW Aitel Wynk stands no where near iTunes IF officially launched services in India are concerned. If spotify starts in India officially its gonna make every other service run for their money ....

I dont understand WHY my spotify club thread was deleted? I have requested mods to look in to this but have not recieved any response for a week now. @Venkat/madbulram ???? Any idea any would mod delete my Spotify Club Thread ....

Anyway if anyone is interested in Spotify Family Plan Club, much like we did for Netflix ...... post here. Will PM the details how we can make it work.

Last edited:
This is no Airtel Wynk thread, atleast have the courtesy to claim OFF Topic...
BTW Aitel Wynk stands no where near iTunes IF officially launched services in India are concerned. If spotify starts in India officially its gonna make every other service run for their money ....

Spotify is excellent, have been using it for a long time.

Apple Music in the Indian context makes a lot of sense, especially for the price.

BTW don't discount Wynk and many other regional players. They have more of Ilayaraja and ARR including radio stations that stream only their music, but with actual human curators/RJs.

do you have a paypal account, connected to your indian CC. if no then create one ...... we need 5 people to fully utilize the family plan. (two would be too less - 4 is min I would suggest, try to get 2 more)

Cost would be 7USD (6 USD+1 USD) will be for playpal transaction. .....

do you have a paypal account, connected to your indian CC. if no then create one ...... we need 5 people to fully utilize the family plan. (two would be too less - 4 is min I would suggest, try to get 2 more)

To my knowledge Spotify has a tiered pricing structure so 2 would also be fine.

$14 for 2, $20 for 3, $30 for 5... as you can see not much savings with more "family" members.

Apple music is much cheaper.

Also, if you can find enough folks for Spotify then do consider Tidal... its FLAC resolution streaming, much better.

yea there is a saving of one USD in each plan, plus we need to take the paypal transaction one USD into consideration as well...... so min 3 is what I would recommend. 5 would be best ....

sam9s iam waiting for you to take a lead to form a group if it works ,else beg a long lost cousin in the US for help.

sam9s iam waiting for you to take a lead to form a group if it works ,else beg a long lost cousin in the US for help.

I am still waiting for your response on the query below ..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back