Has Anyone tried SPOTIFY here

Stumbled upon this thread this morning.

8PM I started both spotify and pandora; and have been alternating between the both, since.

Spotify little better quality.
Pandora, awesome music discovery.

Sam, Thanks for pointing to the HOLA plugin and for starting a great thread with lot of info.

Now, playing "Sax and the City" in spotify.

Busted. Just when I was getting into it! Anyone else getting a 'country not matching' block message on Spotify via the Hola extension on Chrome?

Use dns like unblock or smart dns. Then log in to spotify profile change the country to us and postal address. Enable hola. Then open web spotify player on your browser and log in and access your playlist. You can then log into spotify Windows app.

Last edited:
I got this 'pay for 1 month and get 3 months Premium' offer mail.
But I could not upgrade due to payment error.
Both the credit cards I have doesn't work, neither it does on Paypal.
Today is the last day. :sad:

damm let me check my mailbox .... :)

EDIT checked I didnt get any such mail .... damm .... is there a coupon code or something to avail the offer, can you share if its ok with you. I can give it a shot.

Last edited:
I got this 'pay for 1 month and get 3 months Premium' offer mail.
But I could not upgrade due to payment error.
Both the credit cards I have doesn't work, neither it does on Paypal.
Today is the last day. :sad:

Even I got it couple of weeks back but unfortunately its not possible for us to pay from India with Indian CC even with international swiping facility. Its a ridiculous security check that is in place on Spotify :mad:. The country code of your user profile and the CC should be the same for you to pay and the same restriction is applied even with PayPal. So even with Unblock VPN this combination for Indian CC does not work. The offer is too good as it allows to assign a DAC in the preferences section as per online reviews. The only option is to get a US/UK CC to pay for this.

I can arrange a US CC, I can do it, but I didnt get the mail, or maybe I missed it :(. If it works on a coupon code, and someone is willing to share I will like to give this a try...

I can arrange a US CC, I can do it, but I didnt get the mail, or maybe I missed it :(. If it works on a coupon code, and someone is willing to share I will like to give this a try...

Sam, I think there is no coupon and all as it looks like its a celebration of getting a million customers or so. So its open for everybody and not restricted to select few ;)

Created Spotify free account by adding Proxmate addon on my Firefox and its working perfect. Is there a way to play on my Denon Avr or Raspbmc.
Installed Spotimc addon in XBMC but it is only for premium account....:(

ProxMate does'nt do nothing. I installed it for firefox, disable my DNS and HOLA and I got netflix isnt supported in your country. I just wonder how come its working for you. The reviews also say it does not work..... back to HOLA or my good old smartDNS

Last edited:
ProxMate does'nt do nothing. I installed it for firefox, disable my DNS and HOLA and I got netflix isnt supported in your country. I just wonder how come its working for you. The reviews also say it does not work..... back to HOLA or my good old smartDNS

With Proxmate i tried Spotify & Last FM both worked for me In their website they mentioned some more ProxMate - Proxy on steroids!

When I visited USA last month I created an Apple ID using my daughter's US credit card and downloaded Spotify on my IPad. It works flawlessly here. Interestingly the Spotify iOS ap has an option to select music quality even in the free version. There is 96kps and 160kps. 256kps is only available for the premium version. I have been listening through headphones only, but 160kps is clearly superior and detailed. I don't think the Windows version has an option to select music quality in the free version.

When I visited USA last month I created an Apple ID using my daughter's US credit card and downloaded Spotify on my IPad. It works flawlessly here. Interestingly the Spotify iOS ap has an option to select music quality even in the free version. There is 96kps and 160kps. 256kps is only available for the premium version. I have been listening through headphones only, but 160kps is clearly superior and detailed. I don't think the Windows version has an option to select music quality in the free version.

As per the Spotify's website/forum this way it works only for the first 14 days and then you need to use the unblock or some other way to by-pass the country specific app for accessing the same.

As per the Spotify's website/forum this way it works only for the first 14 days and then you need to use the unblock or some other way to by-pass the country specific app for accessing the same.
I have been back since 30th may and it was working well till today morning! Hope it continues to do so!

I have been back since 30th may and it was working well till today morning! Hope it continues to do so!

I think as you used your daughter's CC when creating your Spotify a/c I believe it should work and may be the CC is being charged and hence not a free account.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back