Have any of you experienced this?

Some alchol is always bound to help but I feel when you in a good mood and listening to some track which you have been liking since a long time, irrespective of how well it's recorded it does sound very good

Pardon me for not reading the link you gave posted , I have just written based on your full post :)

Some alchol is always bound to help but I feel when you in a good mood and listening to some track which you have been liking since a long time, irrespective of how well it's recorded it does sound very good

Pardon me for not reading the link you gave posted , I have just written based on your full post :)
Yes - MOOD - is one of the main variables that makes our systems sound good or bad, and there are various factors at play that nudge us into a good mood or a bad mood.
Cheers,
Sid

An empty house goes a long way to creating that moment, in my experience. May have something to do with the system being set up in the living room though!

Jai / Sid
Sorry for being off topic
@jai1611
How is the lion doing
Could he adjust well to Bangalore?

Oh yes, I experience it all the while. Too many mood swings I guess ;).
But for me, more than moods, I think it is the quality of mains power that makes a difference. Despite a dedicated phase and dedicated line for audio, the quality of power can vary. The impact becomes more noticeable if you have a very resolving system or very resolving ears. I guess the smoky stuff takes care of all such factors.

On another note, thanks to Mr. Guttenberg, I've been enjoying John Mayall's Turning Point!

Cheers!

a good pressing ( either CD or vinyl ) draws me into the music.

it helps when there is no one at home and especially more so at night.

Since there is no a/c cooling in my listening area and I do not switch on the fan while listening to music, the hotter periods of the day, especially being in Chennai are not a great time for music.

The best time for me is late into the night after around 12 when the ambient noise is at its lowest.
Yes, mood can play a big roll in choice of music.

If you leave the Technical aspects aside ; Magical Moments with Music System (3M) depends on accompanying factors like Friends, Family and Foreign Liquor (3F). But many times, even Playing from Mobile speakers or portable Bluetooth Speakers is more than enough to bring out 3M if you have an amazing company of 3F. At times we all together sing the favorite songs loudly, completely ignoring how intolerable our singing is..

If you incorporate technical aspects, it usually boils down to the Remedial measure you do when you change the LAST weakest link in your chain, be it a Source file, a DAC, a Pre /Power amp, Speakers or Cables. The day the offending issue is identified and rectified, after that the system sounds magical ; from then on, its again a requirement of appropriate 3F to get a fresh high ...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back