HD channels minimum rates??

shredder

I am interested in getting an HD STB. Sole purpose will be for watching sports programs in HD. Now I have heard that you need a base pack in order to activate the HD channels. So I want to request users to please let me know the minimum monthly service charge that would apply if all I wanted was HD sports channels: Star Sports HD 1 and 2, Ten HD. Anything else would be extraneous as I would not be watching it. Would be great if you could let me know the minimum rates for TATA SKY HD, Airtel HD, and Videocon D2H.
Regards.

PS: on the Videocon D2H website, under the packages section, there is a link called "a la carte" channels. Does this mean that I can subscribe to only HD channels without the need for any base pack?

Last edited:
For tatasky - HD access fee is Rs 125. You can view the HD channels included on your base pack or any channels you have subscribed to. So, the more channels you have in base pack, more HD channels you can view with HD access. You can take a-la-carte(single channels) or add-on packs(pack of few channles) only if you have a base pack. The mega HD pack includes star sports and ten HD, costs 4090 semi annual. I didn't find any other package which includes both,you can take some other package which includes star sports and add the add on for ten sports which costs 120 pm.
I have used tatasky, don't know much about others. They provide dolby digital and dolby digital + sound in HD channels. I use Grandsports package(470 pm) + 125 HD fee. It includes most of the HD channels.

Would be great if you could let me know the minimum rates for TATA SKY HD, Airtel HD, and Videocon D2H.

PS: on the Videocon D2H website, under the packages section, there is a link called "a la carte" channels. Does this mean that I can subscribe to only HD channels without the need for any base pack?

Yes, with Videocon D2H you can only subscribe to the HD channels without a base pack as long as your subscription gets to Rs. 168.54 pm (incl. taxes).

Yes, with Videocon D2H you can only subscribe to the HD channels without a base pack as long as your subscription gets to Rs. 168.54 pm (incl. taxes).

What about Sun Direct? I have Sun SD connection (but the settop box it came with is HD setup box). If i want only one or two HD channels along with the SD package i have, can i get them?

That is no more the case. I subscribed exactly 5 HD channels ala carte without any base back. thats all i needed.

Thanks for the clarification. Out of curiosity, how much are the 5 HD channels costing you per month? I am assuming that you do not have to pay a separate HD access fee??

Are there separate HD access fees that need to be paid over and above the minimum subscription of Rs. 168.54 pm?? As mentioned earlier, I will be mainly interested in HD sports channels.

Are there separate HD access fees that need to be paid over and above the minimum subscription of Rs. 168.54 pm?? As mentioned earlier, I will be mainly interested in HD sports channels.

Yes HD access fee is separately needed. I have subscribed mainly few HD movie channels only and total comes around 250 p.m.

U can view each HD channel's p.m. rate on the tatasky website under Channels>make my pack>HD

On Videocon's D2H there is no separate HD access fee for a-la-carte packages. You just have to ensure the monthly subscription fee is >= Rs. 168.54 incl. of taxes. It has been at least close to two years that I've been using a-la-carte HD only with a few other SD channels and I don't pay a HD access fee. I'd suggest checking with CC to make sure they haven't changed this recently.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back