HD channels on Tata Sky HD

Sanjay... why would you call the DiscoveryHD and NatGeo HD as upscaled.. is it because these are <720p while being streamed to the STB from the cable central office?
or the original content of these programs are not shot in HD format...
just curious..

Sanjay... why would you call the DiscoveryHD and NatGeo HD as upscaled.. is it because these are <720p while being streamed to the STB from the cable central office?
or the original content of these programs are not shot in HD format...
just curious..
My statement was in reference to 'gopscreative' stating "They said that STAR MOVIES HD and STAR PLUS HD wil be available very soon." 'Discovery HD' and 'National Geographic HD' are the only two real HD channels in India so far and the way things seem to be going, they may remain as the only two HD channels in India, atleast for a long time.

My statement was in reference to 'gopscreative' stating "They said that STAR MOVIES HD and STAR PLUS HD wil be available very soon." 'Discovery HD' and 'National Geographic HD' are the only two real HD channels in India so far and the way things seem to be going, they may remain as the only two HD channels in India, atleast for a long time.

Have they come out with any further announcement on this saying it got delayed? Wondering if I missed it. Star movies is HD could be useful.. :)
Kinda disappointed that the new channels were added like Fox and FX but still in 4:3 SD. They end up cutting so much on both sides.. since all those shows 16:9 native.

K guys, I did ask TS guys that are these so called STAR MOVIES HD and STAR PLUS HD channels , will be really broadcasted in HD or is it the Upscaled version.But the guy replied that its HD version. I dont no whether he knows the meaning of Upscaling:rolleyes:

If you call big tv cc they will say with the hd dvr all their channels are HD :lol:
I am not sure/dont care about whether starplus hd exists or not
but infact there is a starmovies HD channel as per wikipedia
STAR Movies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

when/whether it will be launched in india is another matter though

The TS HD box is already upscaling the SD images. It doesn't go a great job of it, at all, unlike a PS3, but that's another discussion altogether.

I won't pay a paisa for UPscaled SD crap. I want genuine HD content. Star Movies HD would be terrific, but the movies have to be in native HD1080i, formatted for the 16:9 screen. I don't want and will not pay for 4:3 SD crap stretched to fit a 16:9 screen and then upscaled to 1080P. That is a con, to say the least - one that the TRAI ought to be doing something about!

Last edited:
The TS HD box is already upscaling the SD images. It doesn't go a great job of it, at all, unlike a PS3, but that's another discussion altogether.

I won't pay a paisa for UPscaled SD crap. I want genuine HD content. Star Movies HD would be terrific, but the movies have to be in native HD1080i, formatted for the 16:9 screen. I don't want and will not pay for 4:3 SD crap stretched to fit a 16:9 screen and then upscaled to 1080P. That is a con, to say the least - one that the TRAI ought to be doing something about!
+1
I also feel it is the responsibility of people such as us, to educate as many people of this issue of upscaled channels being passed of as HD. Spreading the word is the only way to insure that these companies don't end up making upscaling as the norm.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back