HD DTH comparison: Excellent article on Digit site

Thanks for sharing, I love the part where they say Dish tv is the one who provide least number of HD channels. ...
"35 HD Channels Really?

The simple answer is: No! Although Dish TV can claim 35 HD channels, the truth is that they currently offer the least amount of HD channels. What they do offer is up-scaled SD channels,...............Were actually surprised no one has filed a PIL about this already......... "

Well they say Dish tv has pq comparable to others(all get the same scores),i don't buy that for a second.
They also say SUN dth has the worst PQ.

This months Digit magazine has a detailed review and comparison on hd dth providers. About Dish tvs false claim of having 35 hd channels they wonder: "We're actually surprised no one has filed a PIL about this already, since it's obviously misleading to tell the public that you offer a service that you obviously do not."

This months Digit magazine has a detailed review and comparison on hd dth providers. About Dish tvs false claim of having 35 hd channels they wonder: "We're actually surprised no one has filed a PIL about this already, since it's obviously misleading to tell the public that you offer a service that you obviously do not."

This is what I have been talking about. We should file a PIL immediately to give EACH subscriber heavy compensation and to give a FULL STOP of Dish TV's UTTER RUBBISH and book their COO for committing such an open FRAUD!

Interesting enough this survey doesn't recommend DishTV HD for anything - best value, best performer, editor's pick.

airtel dont have 5.1 Dolby, but they didn't mention it.it looks like layman review.sun has good pq than airtel, sun hd cc is poor.........

I sent a link to this website to DishTV's customer service along with an excerpt where they say "No way!". Never heard back from them. I was hoping I'll hear something like "We would like to inform you that we've 35 HD channels". Too bad :).

if criteria only HD, there is no comparison rightnow TSHD wins by huge margin,for me all the channels worth watching is there for infotainment ng hd, disc hd, english gec starworld hd, hindi gec starplus hd, hindi movies stargold hd, english movies starmovies hd. they are giving major cricketing events in hd anyway. so enough stuff for our viewing. Now if they add one news channel(eng/hindi) and music channel(hindi) in hd, It will be complete and no need to watch the pathetic sd channels anymore. Who has the time to watch 200-300 channels
only need the best content in best quality.let them charge it for whatever it is costing them, people will be willing to pay for real deal
such simple thing so difficult to understand for these dth management people

Surpridingly DishTV replied to my email as below. It's good to see them finally accepting that I am not talking crap.

Thank you for writing to dishtv.

Your suggestions/feedback will help us serve you better, please continue
writing to us.

We value your association and assure you of our commitment to serve you
with a smile.

Its seems to be like a automated email which is send to everyone who writes to them,keep your fingers crossed mate,(holla MI losses two in a row....)

I don't have much hopes really, that's why I placed an order for TataSky HD. Seems like too many people are doing it, so it's taking time :). Good to see people buying into genuine HD stuff.

DishTV HD will require quite some time to adjust to competition. The loss of credibility they suffered is difficult to fix.

EDIT: not to forget the super-expensive 70 HD channel space they have rented. Someone's got to pay for that. Unfortunately customers will have to pay for it in one or the other form.

The easiest fix they can possibly do is to reduce cost of their HD channels and introduce pay-per-channel like TataSky. That's what they'll do IMO.

Please remember reviews can only offer suggestions, see it and beleive yourself.. Using reliance hd-dvr.. Superb clarity, but slow and packages are not too good compared to sun hd,, but for video clarity iam using it,, my package is tamil bronze pack+ jumbo english+ movies now hd-- total costs me 240 per month.. Happy with it..

I am a DishTV SD subscriber. I paid for annual subscription and my deal ends in Nov/Dec. I am going to review my choices then. 99%, I am going to TS-HD.

Surpridingly DishTV replied to my email as below. It's good to see them finally accepting that I am not talking crap.

Thank you for writing to dishtv.

Your suggestions/feedback will help us serve you better, please continue
writing to us.

We value your association and assure you of our commitment to serve you
with a smile.
Its a STANDARD reply they send for something they can NOT do anything about! Its only to close the case you registered WITHOUT ANY resolution (they have to reply something before closing and this is what they do!). Only thing you did by sending the email is to increase their productivity by another closed ticket!

I don't have much hopes really, that's why I placed an order for TataSky HD. Seems like too many people are doing it, so it's taking time :). Good to see people buying into genuine HD stuff.

DishTV HD will require quite some time to adjust to competition. The loss of credibility they suffered is difficult to fix.

EDIT: not to forget the super-expensive 70 HD channel space they have rented. Someone's got to pay for that. Unfortunately customers will have to pay for it in one or the other form.

The easiest fix they can possibly do is to reduce cost of their HD channels and introduce pay-per-channel like TataSky. That's what they'll do IMO.
Dish TV lives in their own WONDER LAND... They are like the cat who closes her eyes while sneaking to drink milk hoping that no one catches her doing that. Infact, they are worse, they don't even want to accept they are actually doing something WRONG!

Hi Folks,

The last post to this thread was somewhere in May 2011. Almost a year has passed since then. I am a prospective HD-DTH subscriber, and would appreciate a Heads up on this thread. Have things changed in terms of PQ, channels, service etc. or are they still much the same they were a year ago.

Thanks,
Ajay.

Hi Folks,

The last post to this thread was somewhere in May 2011. Almost a year has passed since then. I am a prospective HD-DTH subscriber, and would appreciate a Heads up on this thread. Have things changed in terms of PQ, channels, service etc. or are they still much the same they were a year ago.

Thanks,
Ajay.
Since my last post, I subscribed to TS-HD with the annual Mega-Lite pack for Rs. 5500. I think that Videocon is also a good deal. Many others have favoured Airtel HD also.

Choose anyone from one of the above three.

I have just opted for Videocon D2H HD and find the picture quality good

I asked them that they had 5.1 audio for HD channels some time back and were also playing 3D movies on their movie channel so these services are on going or stopped as of now .....?

As per their reply yes these services were operative but stopped as of now and if they restart it they will inform me...

that only means videocon has technology but at present they do not have 5.1 audio...

AVLover

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back