HD movies palying issue in Micromax 40T2820FHD

Rajeshpatnaik

Hi,

I have purchased a Micromax 40T2820FHD. I am unable to play MKV format movies via USB port as this format is unsupported. Also most of the MP4 files plays without audio. Unfortunately 99% HD movies are available in MKV format. The micromax technician tried to update the USB software, but it did not solve the issue. Is there any other software available which can be updated in this TV to play MKV format videos?

Thanks.

Rajesh,

It is not safe to use any third party firmware, this may stop your TV from working properly or completely. I would recommend to leave as it is and go for a cheap Media Player. This will solve your issue and also have multiple other useful features. Media Players are quite cheap now-a-days.

My 2 cents.

I think Micromax TV don't have Dolby Digital (or) DTS decoder.. So that is the reason some videos play on your TV without Audio....Same would apply to MKV format too... Good chances that the mkv file contains video format that is not supported by your TV....

is it HEVC? (or) the file name contains x265?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back