HD Networked Media Tank (NMT)

reju

Hi guys!

Recently I have bought myself a high definition Media Player: Elektron EHP 606 mini Network media player - Shenzhen Elektron Technology Company Limited

Its costs USD 210 + 68 shipping

It plays most video/ audio files: most importantly for: MKV movie files in 720/1080p formats as I have a huge collection of HD movies.;)

PS: I am not sure if this posted in the right section. Mods: Please move if required.

Last edited:
That's an interesting product. Would love to hear your impressions on the audio and video performance...

Audio is better than what I could get from PC (SPIDF). Though it decodes only AC3. DTS is pass through. Sadly I don't have a DTS decoder! I am still surviving on the Cambridge (Creative) 5.1 Desktop Theater. I came to this forum looking at buying options for HTIB or anything.

Video quality is amazing. Real sharp pictures with depth, NO stuttering or anything. The MKV HD movies looks just like original BD or HDDVD quality.
I play on 720p Bravia, so can't take fully advantage of its 1080p output.
But NO complaints, I am just enjoying it.

I think this much cheaper and smarter option than building a HTPC.
You just can't go wrong with this.

Looks great and functionality wise too. What about the warranty? Do they ship everywhere?

Yes, the built quality is also very nice. Warranty is for 1 year. But you will have to send it back to China. They will deliver through DHL. My friend had picked it up for me locally from their company in Shenzhen itself.

They say there will be NO customs duty if you order online, & they have sent to many people in India has "sample". But I am not sure about that.
They accept PayPal & bank transfer.

Normally in case of any duty, DHL will directly pay on your behalf and recover the same from you on delivery.

Yes, the built quality is also very nice. Warranty is for 1 year. But you will have to send it back to China. They will deliver through DHL. My friend had picked it up for me locally from their company in Shenzhen itself.

They say there will be NO customs duty if you order online, & they have sent to many people in India has "sample". But I am not sure about that.
They accept PayPal & bank transfer.

Normally in case of any duty, DHL will directly pay on your behalf and recover the same from you on delivery.

reju,

Thanks a ton. You have been very helpful...

I think this much cheaper and smarter option than building a HTPC. You just can't go wrong with this.

You know, you just might be right there! Let me see if I could read up some more from their site to see if there's any gotchas that we would need to look out for. Also, could you post the link for the site? The only link I could manage to find was to their forum. Thanks again for your time.

reju, for how much, cause PS3 semmed a similar option:confused:

EDIT: I mean in total Indian how much you shelle out, hmmmm very cheap indeed for it provides, except for warranty. It won't go bad for such a standard product though. How about its quality with OPPo gadgets. Any idea?

reju, for how much, cause PS3 semmed a similar option:confused:

EDIT: I mean in total Indian how much you shelle out, hmmmm very cheap indeed for it provides, except for warranty. It won't go bad for such a standard product though. How about its quality with OPPo gadgets. Any idea?

Best price: INR 12.5K + custom duties if any.
Quality is good. It is not typical "Chinese" quality.
I have not experienced any OPPO products as yet.

Best price: INR 12.5K + custom duties if any.
Quality is good. It is not typical "Chinese" quality.
I have not experienced any OPPO products as yet.

Thanks reju and congrats on the product. The file support I see in their site is unbelievable. WOW!

Ethernet is there so future proof too. And 12.5K - that's truly a sweetest gadget to own I think i've seen or heard(forget custom duties).

Reju, this does really upscale and upconverts to 1080p...hmmm. WOW!

Cool man.:cool:

I'll check with them and keep posted on oredering online.

Hi,

Got a mail reply from their customer support:

Dear Qwerty,

Thanks for enquiry El;)ektron, the media Tanker playback Blu Ray, 1080p HD, BT downloaded, File Servers, FTP & Upnp Av Server, & Internet TV build in!

For the international market, The mail order price of EHP-606 is USD270 including freight. Kindly provide your Full address, Country, Post Code, Telephone in order to issue Invoice.

There will be One year hardware warranty on EHP-600 mini. There is unlimited Firmware update! For update Firmware just go to your setup, mintenance & updated the firwmare using your remote control. Or there is a lot of discussion Forum world wide you can get the idea there.

If you need more info, pls feel free to contact me!

Thanks and warm regards
Cathy

I did not put my original name ....hehe;)

As many forum members know, Popcorn Hour also needs a mention here. They also ship to India through UPS.

Very popular when compared to Elektron. There are rave reviews from CNET etc., for this NMT.

As many forum members know, Popcorn Hour also needs a mention here. They also ship to India through UPS.

Very popular when compared to Elektron. There are rave reviews from CNET etc., for this NMT.

Yes, PCH is better known. But both have very similar hardware & firmware. Elektron is more known for its classy design & metal finish.

PCH has a waiting period and it may take 1 week to 1 month before they ship.

You can visit http://www.mpcclub.com/ for more info on this technology.

Last edited:
Hi,

Got a mail reply from their customer support:

Dear Qwerty,

Thanks for enquiry El;)ektron, the media Tanker playback Blu Ray, 1080p HD, BT downloaded, File Servers, FTP & Upnp Av Server, & Internet TV build in!

For the international market, The mail order price of EHP-606 is USD270 including freight. Kindly provide your Full address, Country, Post Code, Telephone in order to issue Invoice.

There will be One year hardware warranty on EHP-600 mini. There is unlimited Firmware update! For update Firmware just go to your setup, mintenance & updated the firwmare using your remote control. Or there is a lot of discussion Forum world wide you can get the idea there.

If you need more info, pls feel free to contact me!

Thanks and warm regards
Cathy

I did not put my original name ....hehe;)

If you want to buy, start with bargained price of USD 225 including shipping. Go NO more than 250;)

Thanks a lot to the OP for this thread. At this time, it appears that I just might forget going through the grind and money of building a HTPC and go for either the Elektron or the Popcorn!

Edit: Here's a nice article from MPC Club on what to look for in when buying a media player.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back