hello from Mumbai

cmayur

hi guys, Mayur from Mumbai. i have been a regular visitor of the forum and with the kind of information that i have seen i thought its high time i register myself and also contribute by 2 cents. primarily i was looking to buy a media player that can house my 2 TB drive (currently external usb) which has all my movies n photos.

i bought a player from Ebay which is incapable of playing the videos i have on my drive. there is just too much lag. it is an android player - 1080P Full HD, Android 4.0 TV+PC Box - HDD Bay, WiFi, Media Player, USB and the seller has very limited/no support mechanism in place. i spent almost 9k for the player and frankly i am getting worried.

A few days back the player got updated automatically. it downloaded a 95 mb update and restarted (i dont know what version it was earlier, not it shows 4.0.4). After the upgrade i find that the videos from my drive have a lag when played via the builtin player.i am trying to play different formats i.e. avi, mkv, mp4 and of various resolutions i.e. normal,720, 1080. All have a lag while playing and the sound and picture never match and the video itself plays slowly in jerks (1080 being the worst). i have tried different players like MX player, BS Player, xmbc, dice player etc but there is no difference in performance.i have tried the various options within the players for h/w and s/w decoding etc but no change. even tried with switching off other resources i.e. wifi etc while playing movies but still nothing changes. i have also tried with various screen resolutions from 480 to 1080i in the settings.
i have tried to search online for some solution but am not getting anything concrete for the model i have. i have not installed any other applications on the box.

Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to HFV,I have been using HTPC,which does easy job.Let other media player user help you soon.

Welcome to HFV.

I find that connecting HDD to my BDP, the media playback is fine. Hence never went for a dedicated media player.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back