HD Networked Media Tank (NMT)

but i have no issues playing high kbps streaming internet radio... but this would albeit be at a slightly lower bitrate than the videos. so what is the problem and where?

but reju how do you account for my pc beiong able to play / stream the same video jinx free on the same connection ? I.E how can the same connection be good enough for the pc and not good enough for the popcorn hour??? am really confused :(:(

Which firmware are you using? Try to upgrade to latest firmware and check again: Popcorn Hour A-110 Firmware Update

reju i updated to the latest firmware and nmt suite two weeks ago. Do me a favour and try out youtube at lower speeds if thats possible and tell me if there is an issue. ? please?

reju i updated to the latest firmware and nmt suite two weeks ago. Do me a favour and try out youtube at lower speeds if thats possible and tell me if there is an issue. ? please?

I have 2Mbps line. I get an average download speed of 225KBps.

I initiated a download with a speed limiter at 110KBps
In other words I allotted 1Mbps for "You Tube" on NMT.

Result was disappointing. There were 2-3 freezes of about 5-10 sec each for a video clip of 3-5 minutes.

When I allotted full bandwidth of 2Mbps for NMT, then all videos play well.

It seems like you need at-least 2Mbps for this to work smoothly!? You may not come across many complaints from European/ American markets, as they have very high speed connections, and they don't realize the limitation!

Reju faced any problems with the Elektron , especially after the mobo repair ?

No, it's working fine now.

I had taken 2 precautions after that.
1. Installed a smaller 2.5" 500GB portable HDD, instead of 3.5"
2. Installed a mini fan inside to blow hot air out.

Both these changes are taking care of the heating issue, which was the main reason I feel that my Eleketron had got spoiled earlier.

I have put pictures in this thread.

No, it's working fine now.

I had taken 2 precautions after that.
1. Installed a smaller 2.5" 500GB portable HDD, instead of 3.5"
2. Installed a mini fan inside to blow hot air out.

Both these changes are taking care of the heating issue, which was the main reason I feel that my Eleketron had got spoiled earlier.

I have put pictures in this thread.

Oh no , are you saying that earlier , your mobo had gotten fried because of the heat ?

Can you tell what fan are you using in your EHP?? My EHP has 3.5inch HDD and there is no place to fit in a fan. My EHP is running fairly hot and i am concerned about the heat degradation of components inside the device.

Yes with 3.5 there will be no space inside. I am using 2.5".
Details here : http://www.hifivision.com/media-streaming-players/2732-hd-networked-media-tank-nmt-24.html#post49273
and
http://www.hifivision.com/media-streaming-players/2732-hd-networked-media-tank-nmt-23.html#post49229

Thanks for the reply guys...

My EHP-606 is producing incredible sound quality :yahoo: It is really singing!! Soounds better than my modded CDP :eek:

I wonder if there would be any more SQ improvment if a DAC is used :licklips:

Did anyone try using a DAC with EHP 606 ??

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back