hdmi cable length.....

manu4panjab

hey bros.
just purchase dac 10mtr. hdmi 1.3 cable cost 4500 mmmm my question is does long running cable effect video quality though this dac 10m cable is very very thicker

Good luck with this cable manu. I bought a 10 m DAC 1.3 cable long time back. It did not gave me satisfying results. So, I returned the same to the supplier.
I am curious, when you bought such good equipment why did you save on cables???

Good luck with this cable manu. I bought a 10 m DAC 1.3 cable long time back. It did not gave me satisfying results. So, I returned the same to the supplier.
I am curious, when you bought such good equipment why did you save on cables???

lets see when my projector arrives then i'll see the results i'm hoping for best :sad:

hey bros.
just purchase dac 10mtr. hdmi 1.3 cable cost 4500 mmmm my question is does long running cable effect video quality though this dac 10m cable is very very thicker
If you are getting a constant and stable 1920x1080p @ 60hz, 32 bit true color signal, then the cable is absolutely fine. Expensive HDMI cables are a waste of money. I personally bought a 10 mtr HDMI cable ten days ago for only Rs. 2750 and I have absolutely no issues with it. There is no such thing as, 'loss in video quality' due to a cheaper priced HDMI cable. It either works or does not work.

Last edited:
If you are getting a constant and stable 1920x1080 60p, 32 bit true color signal[/b], then the cable is absolutely fine. Expensive HDMI cables are a waste of money. I personally bought a 10 mtr HDMI cable ten days ago for only Rs. 2750 and I have absolutely no issues with it. There is no such thing as, 'loss in video quality' due to a cheaper priced HDMI cable. It either works or does not work.

thanks bro it seems to me as i'm fine with the cable i bought :)

hey bros.

10m is fairly long length and I suggest if you can look to reducing the cable draw as the signal would be impacted at such length. Also the cost of the cable woudl start to get high.

A good alternative is to run HDMI over Cat 6. This should take care of longer lengths. if you intend to stick with HDMI get atleast a 22 AWG cable.

Last edited:
10m is fairly long length and I suggest if you can look to reducing the cable draw as the signal would be impacted at such length. Also the cost of the cable woudl start to get high.

A good alternative is to run HDMI over Cat 6. This should take care of longer lengths. if you intend to stick with HDMI get atleast a 22 AWG cable.
HDMI over Cat 6 to save on cost? Have you checked the cost involved in that?

Once again and at the risk of sounding repetitive, I repeat:

"There is no such thing as, 'loss in video quality' using a HDMI cable. As long as you get a constant and stable 1920x1080 60p, 32 bit true color signal, then the cable is absolutely fine. It either works or does not work."

I have 15 meters hdmi cable setup at my home and never faced any signal issues, it works fine. Just make sure you test the cable and then get it installed.

I am using 10mtr HDMI cable bought from a shop here for Dhs.80 (around Rs.1000 ) for connecting my Full HD projector, and its works fine.

HDMI over Cat 6 to save on cost? Have you checked the cost involved in that?

You ever tried to purchase a 25 mtr HDMI cable that supports 1080P signals? Compare that with the cost of Cat6 with HDMI extenders and the price difference becomes very obvious.

1920x1080 60p, 32 bit true color signal[/u], then the cable is absolutely fine. It either works or does not work."

Yes and No. Your statement holds good for normal or standard runs for home usage. For custom runs in dedicated home theatres or long runs, any HDMI cable does not work because of the non-closure on the specification. This is the reason also that we are still seeing version of HDMI 1.3 and 1.4 still coming out to support the intended applications.

This is however not the case for other digital signals such as optical or coax as their specifications are consistent for over 20 years and your repetitive statement does hold true.

Depends upon the signal (720p or 1080p) and cable category..
I had a bad experience with DAC 10m cable which was not able to transmit anything over 480p..apparently got damaged while pulling from condute so wasn't replaced..

From HDMI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cables

Although no maximum length for an HDMI cable is specified, signal attenuationdependent on the cable's construction quality and conducting materialslimits usable lengths in practice.[57] HDMI 1.3 defines two cable categories: Category 1-certified cables, which have been tested at 74.5 MHz (which would include resolutions such as 720p60 and 1080i60), and Category 2-certified cables, which have been tested at 340 MHz (which would include resolutions such as 1080p60 and 2160p30).[54][58][59] Category 1 HDMI cables are to be marketed as "Standard" and Category 2 HDMI cables as "High Speed".[1] This labeling guideline for HDMI cables went into effect on October 17, 2008.[60][61] Category 1 and 2 cables can either meet the required parameter specifications for interpair skew, far-end crosstalk, attenuation, and differential impedance, or they can meet the required nonequalized/equalized eye diagram requirements.[58] A cable of about 5 meters (16 ft.) can be manufactured to Category 1 specifications easily and inexpensively by using 28 AWG (0.081 mm) conductors.[57] With better quality construction and materials, including 24 AWG (0.205 mm) conductors, an HDMI cable can reach lengths of up to 15 meters (49 ft.).[57] Many HDMI cables under 5 meters of length that were made before the HDMI 1.3 specification can work as Category 2 cables, but only Category 2-tested cables are guaranteed to work.[62]

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back