Hdmi Handshake issues

Love4sound

In my Denon 2400 if I have arc and other Hdmi options enabled when ever I pressed setup or another button on the remote the tv blinks or flickers. So i disabled everything and used the avr for a year. Now I have sold it to my friend and he is worried about this problem. And also since he used 4K tv while watching 4K movies also he gets the problem with arc and other Hdmi settings turned off. While watching 1080p movies no such issues when arc and other Hdmi settings are turned off but issue persists with 4K. Is this a problem with only my avr or common with Denon ?

Did he try a factory reset? I am assuming it's not hdmi cable issue as he must be using his own and different speakers.

MaSh

Did he try a factory reset? I am assuming it's not hdmi cable issue as he must be using his own and different speakers.

MaSh
I have done that so many times while using. I just want to figure out why when I have arc and other Hdmi options enabled the tv screen flickers when I use the remote.

I have done that so many times while using. I just want to figure out why when I have arc and other Hdmi options enabled the tv screen flickers when I use the remote.
Hi
I have similar issues with 4k TV( recent purchase) mainly on shield and Marantz SR7011.
4k htpc works without issue In the same AVR.
Shield - while connecting with AVR it gives flickering on and off but if can connect directly to TV no issues.Cables changed ,hdmi port swapped but no help.some times it works with fullhd projector without any issue ( secondary hdmi out).

Till I change the 4k TV I never had this issue

What was your conclusion about issues which is posted above.

Hi
I have similar issues with 4k TV( recent purchase) mainly on shield and Marantz SR7011.
4k htpc works without issue In the same AVR.
Shield - while connecting with AVR it gives flickering on and off but if can connect directly to TV no issues.Cables changed ,hdmi port swapped but no help.some times it works with fullhd projector without any issue ( secondary hdmi out).

Till I change the 4k TV I never had this issue

What was your conclusion about issues which is posted above.
My friend said he changed the output settings in his shield to 30hz from 60hz. Now no flickering

That's good to know.
But my case already tried those options.
Lemee recheck once .thanks btw
For me i had the problem with my 1080p sony tv and denon 2400. If i enable HDMI arc, pass-through and other hdmi options tv will flicker but now in my denon 4500 i do not have any such problems with all hdmi options enabled. My friend has disabled all the HDMI options else he will still have the flickering issue.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back