Head Unit for a Vento Highline AT

Raghav

I have finalised to buy the Vento Highline AT as a new car. However, the Music System pre-installed is a very basic CD/Radio unit without BT/USB/AUX.

I wanted to get a change of the Head Unit which would fit perfectly with the interior as well. I do not want anything fancy but the ability to connect iPod is a must. Options like reverse camera, GPS, Bluetooth are welcome but I do not want to pay a lot more for them. So the options below:

1. Simple HU with AUX/USB for budget of 10k
2. HU with GPS, Camera and Blueetooth for 20k

Also can I get anything for selling pre-installed unit in the market? Volkswagen is offering nothing to take back unit. I have zero idea about car audio.

Raghav

Where are you based in mumbai? Can suggest some places for you to go & check out accordingly. Other experts pls chime in with your recommendations too.

I am based in Lower Parel. Have previously been a few years back to a lane near Opera House. There are many Car Audio shops there, but do not know any reliable guy over there. Thus a little circumspect about buying from there.

Where are you based in mumbai? Can suggest some places for you to go & check out accordingly. Other experts pls chime in with your recommendations too.

Check out Milan Subway(santacruz) area, plenty of dealers there. I know a dealer/installer in navi mumbai but then you have to come all the way to navi mumbai if you are interested.

Suggest you find out some details on headunits at place nearest to you, based on which will find out if rates charged are decent or not.

Good Head Units are of Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood/JVC.

Milan subway is better option than Navi Mumbai.:)

However do they units specific for Vento or these are general units. I have heard about some units made specific to vento.

Check out Milan Subway(santacruz) area, plenty of dealers there. I know a dealer/installer in navi mumbai but then you have to come all the way to navi mumbai if you are interested.

Suggest you find out some details on headunits at place nearest to you, based on which will find out if rates charged are decent or not.

Good Head Units are of Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood/JVC.

Hi Raghav
You can PM Ali (magma). I am sure he can give you info on good installers at your side of the town

raghav keep in mind this is the integrated HU, so you might wanna check with the dealer if the warranty goes void when you go in for an upgrade. They have some crazy rules.

That said look at a double din HU for your car. Fits the panel perfect and you will like it.Check out the Pioneer 4250 , doesn't have a detachable face plate. But is a good HU in terms of delivery of sound quality.

Thats another area of concern. Some HUs do not void the warranty. These are the ones which require no cutting of wires etc. and are a perfect fit.

Others which need modifications to wiring etc. void the warranty. Now I have no Idea which HU is safe to install. Thats why I am seeking out models and prices of HUs which are a fit for Vento.

raghav keep in mind this is the integrated HU, so you might wanna check with the dealer if the warranty goes void when you go in for an upgrade. They have some crazy rules.

That said look at a double din HU for your car. Fits the panel perfect and you will like it.Check out the Pioneer 4250 , doesn't have a detachable face plate. But is a good HU in terms of delivery of sound quality.

There is an alpine model (will confirm it) which fits perfectly, no wire cutting involved, also there is a trim which needs to be bought separately for it (VW charges 4k for it but outside you can avail it for 2.5k - cheaper one for 1.5k)

To top it the Alpine HU's are good. Do some homework on it too :)

I have finalised to buy the Vento Highline AT as a new car. However, the Music System pre-installed is a very basic CD/Radio unit without BT/USB/AUX.
I have installed Kenwood touchscreen model - 7 inch in my polo. It looks beatiful with the front panel in the POLO. Sound quality is good. Since vento has the same front panel as POLO you could make a try...

I think Alpine touch screens are expensive. My kenwood costed me 16 K bought from foriegn.
Kenwood_ddx516.jpg

I am based in Lower Parel. Have previously been a few years back to a lane near Opera House. There are many Car Audio shops there, but do not know any reliable guy over there. Thus a little circumspect about buying from there.

Vento comes with a 2 DIN slot. Any make unit in 2 DIN size will fit the same.

HUs do not void warranty, installer's actions do. They do not want to use adaptors etc and will cut wires. On the flip side they have to do this as customers do not want to pay for installation services leave aside the cost of adaptors.

Any how for a neat install which will not involve cutting of wires and not cost you an arm & a leg you can go to 'FM Drive' in Santacruz (W) or contact Pankaj @ 9819941333. Discuss your requirement with him in detail with regards to the budget, non cutting of wires, SQ or SPL system and if you decide to go ahead with him then ask for the install to be done by 'Babu'.

Dear all
I have also buy facelift Diesel highline Vento which is pre-install VW RCD-310 which is far better as compare to other available resources like pioneer and all .

the main difference there unit specifically made for VW car Vento , Jetta , passot and comes with Graphic parking sensor , USB , and very good backlights and steering control .
before buying this car i have done lot of research and found , there is other alternate solution also available (Chinese trustable ) CASKA ,WITSON ,MODEO lots of user already installed unit and found very good research with compatibility of Indian Maps , parking sensors , (pin to pin connection no cut required dont comment on touch screen quality ,Voice quality ,and major questions here stability , and most important thing , after marking thing cannot be done by VW and they simple say NO to 3rd party systems because lots of user complaints about some battery drained issues and warranty issues for electronics part .
----

below some of the links where user done HU for their Car , let me know any help required.
since my car comes with latest Jetta RCD 310 , since my Car already installed very good systems still i wanted to install upgraded model RCD 510 which is pin to pin and touch screen , rear view camera ,BT ,climate control on system /temp and pin to pin configations
ICE Upgrade for Polo Highline - Team-BHP
hope VW has retained the same harness it uses for it's EU models. If they have done so it shoudl fit. see pic below.
Volkswagen Polo radio RCD-510 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sid reported a RCD 150 in his report (see link below) it might well be that he got the numbers backwards why not ask him.
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community (Volkswagen Polo specs. EDIT : 11,111,111th Polo rolls off in Pune (Pg. 18))

If you hit the "optional equipment list" link on the link below you will see that the EU model of teh Polo does have the RNS310 and RCD 510 listed as options.
Glass's Auto Index - Result Car Volkswagen - Polo Polo 1.2TDI ( 75ps ) 2010MY Blue Motion HATCHBACK 5 Doors from 01/1976

Volkswagen Polo Review | Car Advice | Reviews

I have installed Kenwood touchscreen model - 7 inch in my polo. It looks beatiful with the front panel in the POLO. Sound quality is good. Since vento has the same front panel as POLO you could make a try...

I think Alpine touch screens are expensive. My kenwood costed me 16 K bought from foriegn.
Kenwood_ddx516.jpg

Hi edjamesx,

Nice pic. :) I have a VW POLO 1.6 Highline variant and planning to change the ICE. Does any 2 DIN fit into POLO with out any modifications to interior plastics.

Thanks

My car is scheduled for delivery in Jan end so I still have time for the HU.

One query? Do the HUs with navigation need a separate subscription or they can show the maps themselves. I just want the general google maps and nothing special.

Google maps not compatible for available systems , CASKA , WITSON aftermarket systems support WINCE 5 and WIN CE 6 and you can easily get mapmyindia or satnavigation and Navigo ....Maps solutions for built in GPS systems

since you are getting you Volkswagens Diesel highline ( which is same face lifted car already having month old check attached pics )
comes with RCD 310 ( before Nov model comes with RCD 210 which is basic system , only Zetta comes that time with RCD 310 (Now comes with RCD 510 ), Now added on VW Vento diesel highline and rear park sensors with alert on graphics .

I have done lots of research even arranged already Bosch OEM for my VW RCD 510 which support CAR sensors /Maps / BT calling which can control by steering control switch .

let me know any info required from me .

cheers
vicks

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/entertainment-systems/rcd-310

Attachments

• DSC_1450.jpg
    DSC_1450.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I am buying the Vento Highline AT i.e. petrol model. It still has the old HU which is lousy to say the least. Their is no USB/iPod/AUX support at all. So I want to go in for change of HU.

Basically I if get it right, there are no maps loaded onto the HU with navigation feature. We need to subscribe to a service to get the maps. what are the costs and options involved.

Is it better to get a simpler HU with USB and AUX and a separate device for navigation?

Google maps not compatible for available systems , CASKA , WITSON aftermarket systems support WINCE 5 and WIN CE 6 and you can easily get mapmyindia or satnavigation and Navigo ....Maps solutions for built in GPS systems

since you are getting you Volkswagens Diesel highline ( which is same face lifted car already having month old check attached pics )
comes with RCD 310 ( before Nov model comes with RCD 210 which is basic system , only Zetta comes that time with RCD 310 (Now comes with RCD 510 ), Now added on VW Vento diesel highline and rear park sensors with alert on graphics .

I have done lots of research even arranged already Bosch OEM for my VW RCD 510 which support CAR sensors /Maps / BT calling which can control by steering control switch .

let me know any info required from me .

cheers
vicks

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/entertainment-systems/rcd-310

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back