Hello everyone, Buying my first Home Theater finally :)

rahulpillai

My First post in Hifivision.
I am a Malayalee born and raised in Rajasthan. So when we used to visit Kerala during holidays the only activity we had was meet all relatives. The only memory I had of those houses were the Sound Systems, if someone had a home theater I used to think someday I will also buy it, now after 10 years working finally gained courage to buy a Home Theater of my own. Took a few demo, finally loved and finalized Onkyo HT-S5805. It was way out of my budget but the showroom guy said I can swipe my credit card and I can pay it in 6 installments without any extra charge, so I booked it (Product was out of stock). Did some research on Dolby Atmos and I am eagerly awaiting for it. Will post the reviews once I get it.

Raghul,

Welcome to HFV.Good to know that you are from God's own country and good to read your wait for the HT.But mind that Only Spec\technology doesnt give the best experience, We have many other things to consider too.

1. Your listening room should be treated for acoustic.
2.Paring the right speakers
3.Placement of Speakers
4.Source of the Audio
5.Seating portion

Could you share the Room size and the budget you have HT?

ATMOS is the latest ,I dont deny it but When I had them listening in Klipsch (Floor standers) I was not impressed or can see didnt find big difference from DTS.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back