Hello, Naveen from Bangalore

naveenroy

Hello there people!

Glad I have become a member of this forum now after "stalking" it for some time now :)

Based in Bangalore, I am a photography-loving-rock-music-loving biker. Am quite an active member on other forums like the team bhp etc.

Have recently picked up a pair of Mordaunt-Short Carnival 6 speakers (after seeing the updates on this forum) and am looking to get a good amp for the same. Help will be required.

:D

Hi naveen
Welcome to hifivsion

Are you the same Naveen who is a moderator at team-bhp?

Welcome. Good choice and they say Denon and Yamaha pairs well with them (dont they?) :)
Let us know your budget

Thanks Pranab - yes, more than happy!

rikhav - nope, am quite active but not a mod. Yet :)

deepakgang - do they? I have tested the speakers with a Pioneer amp but not with a Yam yet. My budget can stretch upto a max of 25K. I was actually thinking of the Denon AVR-1311. Now, my confusion is this - since I can get an A/V receiver for nearly the price of a stereo amp, I am moving towards and A/V receiver. But are these good for stereo also?

deepakgang - do they? I have tested the speakers with a Pioneer amp but not with a Yam yet. My budget can stretch upto a max of 25K. I was actually thinking of the Denon AVR-1311. Now, my confusion is this - since I can get an A/V receiver for nearly the price of a stereo amp, I am moving towards and A/V receiver. But are these good for stereo also?

Navin, if you are going to listen to music only then a stereo amp will be a far better choice then a AVR

thanks Pranab.. my friend has informed me that he has collected it. Thanks for the quick delivery :) very pleased with the experience. I will be looking forward to some crimson interconnects also but 0.5m.

And Naveen - what is your preference. Wouldn't suggest an AV receiver for stereo. So if you want a good music experience, get a decent 2 channel amp now. Later when you want to go for a home theater, you can get a receiver and go for a separate package. All depends on the preference though. There are few receivers who gives you great music performance as well (like some Pioneer, Arcam, Marantz, Cambridge Audio, NAD models) but can be a bit expensive.

Yamaha A-S500 is a good model which is in your budget I guess. YOu can search our forums meanwhile.

Hello there people!

Glad I have become a member of this forum now after "stalking" it for some time now :)

Based in Bangalore, I am a photography-loving-rock-music-loving biker. Am quite an active member on other forums like the team bhp etc.

Have recently picked up a pair of Mordaunt-Short Carnival 6 speakers (after seeing the updates on this forum) and am looking to get a good amp for the same. Help will be required.

:D

Hey Naveen,

I know you from Team-bhp, you ride a bullet too, dont you? Welcome, although I am new here myself, I have been DIYing for years now.

If you are serious about the music part and want to stick to stereo, dont go anywhere near a budget AVR irrespective of brand. It is almost always a case of quantity over quality.

NAD has to be at the top of your list. The Denon PMA 1500 R and 2000R are terrific amps, if I was shopping for SS amps these would be it. These Denons have been around for ages, but they can pack a wallop. If you like your bass, you should audition these. Havent heard Cambridge amps, but they make good products.

Thanks for the very warm welcome guys!

And Beast_of_Burden - yes, ride a Bullet and am at team-bhp. Thanks for the suggestions on the stereo amps. Point taken.

To continue on my quest to decide on the source to feed my Mordaunt-Short speakers, I have started a new post under Audio Components > Surround Amplifiers/Receivers

http://www.hifivision.com/surround-...676-confused-stereo-amplifier-v-receiver.html

Would appreciate you guys providing me feedback and advice on this post. Thanks in advance!

Dude!

25K ... PROFX bangalore is offering the 1311 at 19K and 1611 and 25K.

this weekend they're having a sale/exhibition or something at their store. you shou;d check it out!

Where did you get the Carnival speakers from?

Enjai! ..

Welcome Naveen, if your preference is two channel music, pl go for a stereo amplifier. If you would like to make a compromise, then go for an AVR. As rightly pointed out above, pl. avoid entry level AVR.

You can try the preowned stuff also.

regards,

Hi Naveen ,
If you got the speakers already, if plan for future Home theater you can go for Av receivers 5.7 or 7.1 from Denon/Marantz you can get it in your budget..use ur two speaker upgrade in a later stage buying centre and surround.
Specific about stereo the best for ur speakers would be Marantz PM-6002/ Denon PMA 710AE/ yamaha AS-500..more info can contact [email protected]

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back