Help - Denon 390 HT Not playing Audio Thru HDMI

riteshmadhok

Just connected the Tata Sky HD via my Denon 390 HT to my Plasma, the picture is shown but no audio while when I connect the HDMI directly from Tata Sky HD to the Plasma I get audio and video, What could be the reason for no audio via the Denon???

Hi Riteshmadhok,

You need to change settings on your Plasma TV to get audio output on the speakers connected on Denon.

On your Plasma tv navigate to audio setting and change the output from tv speakers to audio system.

regards,

sandeep

Hi riteshmadhok,

Which plasma tv are you using? and yes as kittu has mentioned check audio/video setup on your denon.

regards,

sandeep

Just spoke to someone from the Denon Co outlet in Mumbai, he says the AVR 390 is not compatible to play Audio thru HDMI as its HDMI is of older version. Can someone here clarify this? if its true how do I get the Audio frm the HD Tata Sky to the Denon and then to the Plasma?

Hi riteshmadhok,

You Just need to connect the the Coaxial audio cable from your HD Set Top Box to the Home theater in their respective Coaxial interface.

Regards,

sandeep

Just spoke to someone from the Denon Co outlet in Mumbai, he says the AVR 390 is not compatible to play Audio thru HDMI as its HDMI is of older version. Can someone here clarify this? if its true how do I get the Audio frm the HD Tata Sky to the Denon and then to the Plasma?

That is true.. denon avr 390 can not decode audio on HDMI.. Its pass through not an HDMI repeater..

you can get 2 channel sound from you TV analog audio out.. you need to connect TV audio out to audio-in in Denon.. or you can connect analog audio-out from tata-sky HD box to audio-in in Denon..

If you want 5.1 dolby sound.. then get a digital co-axial audio cable for Tata-Sky HD box.. connect it to denon's co-axial digital audio input..

I have decided to exchange my Denon AVR390 with either the Denon AVR 1161 or Yamaha RX-V467, any advise on which is a better among the two.

Just connected my new Yamaha Receiver RX-V467 to my Denon 5.1, I checked all speakers via the inbuilt check module and all the Test sounds played correctly. Now suddenly the Sub-Woofer isent responding. Its giving very very low Bass. What could be the problem, I checked the Sub connection its perfect. Help Help

Hi,
Will it give lower quality to get the audio back from the tv to the receiver on non HDMI cable?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back