Help in buying a silent split Ac

I am based in Bangalore. My priority is NOT cooling but a bearable temperature in my room (27 C works well for me). A quiet AC is my top priority. A local AC dealer suggested that since Bangalore does not have extreme weather conditions, and I my AC usage are a few hours at best, even a 2 star rating is good enough. The following models were suggested:
1.0TR Mitsubishi 3 star - MSY-JS13VF
1.0TR Mitsubishi 4 star - MSY-GN13VF
1.0TR Mitsuishi 2 star - MSY-JP13VF

The only reason I would want to go for the 4 star rating is that it’s 19db at Silent mode. The other 2 models are @22db. I am wondering if there is any noticeable difference between the two db levels. The price difference between 2 and 4 stars is around Rs 7k.
If 22db is really quiet enough, I am planning to just pick up the 2 star one. The dealer is offering 30% discount on the MRP. What would you recommend?

And, does one really need an inverter AC given that repairs are very expensive? They have their advantages, no doubt. The lowest db level Mitsubishi non inverter ACs I have come across on their website (Electric) is 26db.

Thanks.
I actually ended up getting the Lg inverter ac . I actually paid full amount for the Mitsubishi model in the post but the dealer delayed for two weeks and finally opted to refund since shipment was stuck in harbour. 22db rating is good enough for HT use

I am based in Bangalore. My priority is NOT cooling but a bearable temperature in my room (27 C works well for me). A quiet AC is my top priority. A local AC dealer suggested that since Bangalore does not have extreme weather conditions, and I my AC usage are a few hours at best, even a 2 star rating is good enough. The following models were suggested:

The only reason I would want to go for the 4 star rating is that it’s 19db at Silent mode. The other 2 models are @22db. I am wondering if there is any noticeable difference between the two db levels. The price difference between 2 and 4 stars is around Rs 7k.
If 22db is really quiet enough, I am planning to just pick up the 2 star one. The dealer is offering 30% discount on the MRP. What would you recommend?

And, does one really need an inverter AC given that repairs are very expensive? They have their advantages, no doubt. The lowest db level Mitsubishi non inverter ACs I have come across on their website (Electric) is 26db.

Thanks.
Why don't you consider daikin? They are known for silent operation & should be cheaper too..

go with mitsubishi, have used them and their inverter type is world class, daikin also very good. Make sure the model you buy is fully copper coils internal and external.

Sorry for hijacking the thread....I dont have an AC in my room, which is also my bedroom cum music room. Both the AC's in the other 2 bedrooms sometimes drop condensation below. And since my tubed gear lies exactly below my AC point in the room, Ive been too scared to mount an AC here so far, as a single drop or splutter on high temperature tube will kill the amp completely. So was just curious if anyone else has noticed this condensation dripping from the indoor AC casing. Both the AC's in the other rooms are LG
LG , Panasonic , MHI , OG mostly have the same issue . Problem is with the fins which are too close and the fins have additional punching for more efficiency which causes the dust to get trapped . Regular water washing and not regular "service" will work .

Thanks.
The reason why the lowest DB for non inverter is 26 is due to the fact that the compressor runs at full speed . So the indoor fan cannot spin at too low speed else the coil will freeze . Especially with R32 /R410 gas . With an inverter if low fan speed is chosen and the ambient temperature is not too high the compressor will work at 50 % or lesser . So lower noise .

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back