Help in buying a silent split Ac

Very late post... Just for info
I use Hitachi AC and it's very silent. I compared Noice levels before purchasing it mainly for my HT Toom , this have the lowest noice level in spec. At AC start up , noice is slightly hearable , once it's kicked in It's completely silent . Sometime i check ac is on or off.
Other better options is O GENERAL , but it's slightly expensive.
Hi, what is the model no of your AC?

Drawing attention to the obvious:
The possible sources of noise inside the room are from the outdoor unit and the fan and air turbulence from the indoor unit.
Good room sound insulation and put the unit father away should help reduce the former and running the fan at low speeds, the latter
The comparative measurements quoted above are probably done in different rooms/situations so may not be…reliable

We used to have a Panasonic cube and that super silent and cooled really well. Got a lyod 2ton and it's very silent too for its capacity.

MaSh

The low frequency rumble from the outdoor unit of a split AC will travel through walls. So if you can place this further away you can mitigate this while also saving money buying a less expensive brand

I think its Hitachi Shizen RSQG318HFEOF or Hitachi RAS.G518PCAISF. Need to check...
Thanks. will check it out. I have a Hitachi 'ace follow me' at home. That thing cools well but is not silent.
Drawing attention to the obvious:
The possible sources of noise inside the room are from the outdoor unit and the fan and air turbulence from the indoor unit.
Good room sound insulation and put the unit father away should help reduce the former and running the fan at low speeds, the latter
The comparative measurements quoted above are probably done in different rooms/situations so may not be…reliable
No all but those fan inside the indoor unit will make noise. Some are skewed and some use other technology to keep noises at the bay. Outdoor unit is noisy and does require insulation.

Bought two LLoyd A/c's last week. One is a 1 ton wifi 5 star inverter ac and another non inverter 3 star 1.5 ton ac. The inverter ac is absolutely noiseless and even the outdoor unit is significantly noiseless. The 1.5 ton is also noiseless but comparing to inverter ac it's noise level is little high. I actually went to buy Daikin ac's and looked around all other ac's and liked the quality and finesse of LLoyd ac's. I liked the Mitsubishi but they were way over my budget. Exchanged two old Voltas 13 years old ac's for 8000/- each. Bought both LLoyd ac's in Rathna fan house in Chennai.

Thanks. will check it out. I have a Hitachi 'ace follow me' at home. That thing cools well but is not silent.

No all but those fan inside the indoor unit will make noise. Some are skewed and some use other technology to keep noises at the bay. Outdoor unit is noisy and does require insulation.
My AC Outdoor unit is installed in the terrace thats two floors up in my apartment. So There's no sound from outdoor unit. The only sound is from AC fan , that I can control from remote. Also "Auto" mode in the ac , was more silent it cut off fan sound too. While watching movies there's no disturbance at all.
You can check O GENERAL AC too , that's little more expensive.

My AC Outdoor unit is installed in the terrace thats two floors up in my apartment. So There's no sound from outdoor unit. The only sound is from AC fan , that I can control from remote. Also "Auto" mode in the ac , was more silent it cut off fan sound too. While watching movies there's no disturbance at all.
You can check O GENERAL AC too , that's little more expensive.
Thank you :) I have ordered Mitsubishi heavy industries ac already.

Is a stabiliser needed for inverter ACs, and if yes, is Premier a good brand?
Stabliser is not needed especially for inverter ac but if there is too much fluctuations in electricity then it is better to invest in one. 4 KVA should do good. Premier and Vguard are good brands.

Stabliser is not needed especially for inverter ac but if there is too much fluctuations in electricity then it is better to invest in one. 4 KVA should do good. Premier and Vguard are good brands.
Thank you mathan. During evenings the voltage exceeds 260V.

Thank you mathan. During evenings the voltage exceeds 260V.
It is better to have a stabilizer if the voltage is around 260V. An inverter AC can run in the voltage range of 150-250 volts and when the supply voltage fluctuates inside this range of 150-250 the AC will work fine but as soon as the voltage fluctuates outside this range the circuit board in the AC may malfunction or stop or get damaged. Also if you are buying a stabilizer buy one with a time delay function.

It is better to have a stabilizer if the voltage is around 260V. An inverter AC can run in the voltage range of 150-250 volts and when the supply voltage fluctuates inside this range of 150-250 the AC will work fine but as soon as the voltage fluctuates outside this range the circuit board in the AC may malfunction or stop or get damaged. Also if you are buying a stabilizer buy one with a time delay function.
Sure. Thank you so much Mathan.

Sorry for hijacking the thread....I dont have an AC in my room, which is also my bedroom cum music room. Both the AC's in the other 2 bedrooms sometimes drop condensation below. And since my tubed gear lies exactly below my AC point in the room, Ive been too scared to mount an AC here so far, as a single drop or splutter on high temperature tube will kill the amp completely. So was just curious if anyone else has noticed this condensation dripping from the indoor AC casing. Both the AC's in the other rooms are LG. Thanks

for some reason, Daikin service guys said not needed though I had asked for. Will have to just get it now.

This will surely be a call for repair. Normally condensation water should be draining from the outlet pipe connected behind the indoor unit.
Thanks sbg...

We do have condensate pipes which drip into the adjacent bathroom. But iam more worried about the condensate dripping from the indoor AC unit casing itselves

Thanks sbg...

We do have condensate pipes which drip into the adjacent bathroom. But iam more worried about the condensate dripping from the indoor AC unit casing itselves
there could be a possibility ,that
1. the drain pipe is blocked by some debris (or the Tray inside )
one can clean by using vacuum cleaner - just insert the drain pipe in the VC inlet pipe, run at full speed, use plastic sheet/old cloth to cover any airgap between the pipes so that it sucks out any clogging in drain pipe. something like below ( image taken from web )
1683961078732.png
2. Filters are blocked , including the fin below it.
1683961301799.png

Well thanks again for all the suggestions. I went ahead with the mitsibushi electric Gr series. It’s a 5 star inverter model. Purchase experience wasn’t nice as both the electric and heavy dealers were very adamant with giving discounts. Conversation with electric dealers where some what ok but with heavy it was pathetic. Discounts heavy gave was only 10-11% and when I asked why so less and the dealer response was it’s a premium brand. Pissed me off. Electric gave 20% discount straight away but we’re not interested to negotiate any further. Other brands are giving flat 30-35% off with no bargains. End of the day what made me buy the Mitsubishi was the 19db indoor unit noise rating. If any one needs help in finalising an AC do let me know. Lol I was researching so much on various brands and models for nearly a month

Well thanks again for all the suggestions. I went ahead with the mitsibushi electric Gr series. It’s a 5 star inverter model. Purchase experience wasn’t nice as both the electric and heavy dealers were very adamant with giving discounts. Conversation with electric dealers where some what ok but with heavy it was pathetic. Discounts heavy gave was only 10-11% and when I asked why so less and the dealer response was it’s a premium brand. Pissed me off. Electric gave 20% discount straight away but we’re not interested to negotiate any further. Other brands are giving flat 30-35% off with no bargains. End of the day what made me buy the Mitsubishi was the 19db indoor unit noise rating. If any one needs help in finalising an AC do let me know. Lol I was researching so much on various brands and models for nearly a month

I am based in Bangalore. My priority is NOT cooling but a bearable temperature in my room (27 C works well for me). A quiet AC is my top priority. A local AC dealer suggested that since Bangalore does not have extreme weather conditions, and I my AC usage are a few hours at best, even a 2 star rating is good enough. The following models were suggested:
1.0TR Mitsubishi 3 star - MSY-JS13VF
1.0TR Mitsubishi 4 star - MSY-GN13VF
1.0TR Mitsuishi 2 star - MSY-JP13VF

The only reason I would want to go for the 4 star rating is that it’s 19db at Silent mode. The other 2 models are @22db. I am wondering if there is any noticeable difference between the two db levels. The price difference between 2 and 4 stars is around Rs 7k.
If 22db is really quiet enough, I am planning to just pick up the 2 star one. The dealer is offering 30% discount on the MRP. What would you recommend?

And, does one really need an inverter AC given that repairs are very expensive? They have their advantages, no doubt. The lowest db level Mitsubishi non inverter ACs I have come across on their website (Electric) is 26db.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back