Help in buying a silent split Ac

Yes, It’s expensive. But I feel it’s worth it if budget allows. Based on my experience for larger spaces nothing comes close to ME.

Btw at one of my cousins place LG has reliability issues, they leaked many times and left marks on the walls etc etc. All 4 of em! So I have a very low opinion of LG. This was about 4-5yrs ago though.
Yeah their new models have improved.They are VFM and I will recommend for HT use. I myself booked ME and also made full payment. But due to corona there was shipment issues and dealer asked me to wait for a month. Same with MI as well so finally asked dealer to refund and settled with LG

A small update from my end, I had requirement for (2) more ACs and bought (2) ME Non-inverters this time around (MS-GK18VA and MS-GK24VA) and not yet installed. But I opened the packing and had a close look at the ODUs and my initial impressions were great. The built quality of these HVACs were top class, well built and well engineered I can say and I could only give a proper review and compare them with my MHI ACs during the peak of summer.

I can tell one thing for sure, I thought MHI ACs were great compared to ME ACs based on their spec sheet from IAPL website and now I clearly understood that it's glorious marketing to make these ACs stand out by projecting misleading specs, actually both these ACs are neck and neck and I am more inclined towards ME ACs now.
It’s a common misconception. ME are imported from Thailand. MHI are made in India and marketed much better.

ME are better

Folks what's latest on this?
I'm looking for a new split AC any recommendations?

From Mitsubishi I only see MSY-JP18 available in my area
Cost 45K for 1.5 ton
What's the difference between JP and other models?

Folks what's latest on this?
I'm looking for a new split AC any recommendations?

From Mitsubishi I only see MSY-JP18 available in my area
Cost 45K for 1.5 ton
What's the difference between JP and other models?
So for the late update. Just came across this post. Now there are new MS-GS Kirigamine models. They are innovative and improved. Check them out on Mitsubishi Electric India website. Mitsubishi Electric MS-GS Kirigamine

I think it’s high time I give an update on the performance of the LG inverter AC purely for HT use. So after starting this thread I ended up with a LG inverter Ac which I wanted to avoid given their previous generation Ac’s are garbage. I was forced with LG because of the lockdown. I paid full amount for Mitsubishi electric and waited for a month and the dealer ended up giving the money back as he couldn’t get the stock of the model I asked for. Had difficulty finding daikon as well. So went for LG which was delivered on the same day and installed the next day. After a year of using this I will say this is the best audiophile Ac and way cheap compared to mitsibushi. Why I say it’s the best audiophile Ac is that it’s rated at 21db and i don’t hear any noise even though it’s installed above my MLP. For people who have dedicated room and want to get an AC that doesn’t cost as much as Mitsubishi this is a great choice.Cons I find with the Ac is the design. Flap doesn’t swing to complete down position and the area below the Ac takes time to cool down. Second is the indoor unit is completely sealed so we can’t clean it out self except for the filters.Glad mitsibushi didn’t work out cause given the fact I use this room and Ac occasionally only for movie purpose the LG is more VFM.

Attachments

• 2CB58E3B-385D-4E06-9DFE-53E73B09AE62.jpeg
    2CB58E3B-385D-4E06-9DFE-53E73B09AE62.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 27
Stay away from Daikin, though it was a reputed brand, the recent models don't even run for 24 months without issues. As soon as the regular warranty ends the AC started giving problems. The shocking news is that the Daikin service engineers themselves are not recommending Daikin ACs and asked me to go for either OGeneral or Carrier.

I don't know other criteria, but if your criteria is cooling then I find LG split inverter ACs to be very poor.
I have been using a 1 ton LG inverter AC for more then a year for my HT room.Cooling is very good and I will highly recommend it for HT use. If I am getting one for bedroom my preference would be mitsibushi,Godrej or Voltas.The latest models are good enough for HT rooms and the previous gen LG Ac’s are indeed garbage. For 2-3 hours of use the Latest models are very good. When I used it for 7-8 hours I found it to be poor. The cooling drops after 3 or 4 hours and for a brief 20-30 minutes it gets very hot. Lol once in the middle of the night around 4am my wife got up and yelled at me why the hell you have switched off both AC and fan when the AC was running for more then 8 hours.Hahah it’s so silent and gets hot at times you won’t even know if the ac is on. When I had raised a complain and Lg explanation was when the room gets cool enough the compressor shuts down and I wont have this issue during winter rofl. I was like what the hell winter? And they where like the compressor shuts down when room becomes very cool and since my room gets hot very fast I am facing this issue. But I don’t face this issue while watching a movie since usage doesn’t cross 3 hours. So hell yeah this is an audiophile AC. Based on my experience I recommend this to @fLUX and I hope it’s not as bad as you say for him lol.

Last edited:
You mention the low cooling which agrees with my comment. Also I do not know and have never heard of an "audiophile AC", if you just mean an AC with low noise then personally I have no interest in low noise, only high cooling.

You mention the low cooling which agrees with my comment.
Cooling is very good. The cooling drops while running long hours at certain times and not always. I use a blanket while watching movies and sometimes I keep it at 27 or 28. So for me I don’t find the latest LG inverter Ac’s extremely poor and find it very good. Perfect fit for people who want silent AC’s for their dedicated HT or stereo room that is 100-180 sqft. For bedroom, large rooms or living room I suspect LG will perform.

It’s a common misconception. ME are imported from Thailand. MHI are made in India and marketed much better.

ME are better
Are you sure? I hear everywhere that Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is imported from Thailand. And Mitsubishi Electric is made in India.
ME operations are handled by the company itself, and MHI is handled by iapl group.

Are you sure? I hear everywhere that Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is imported from Thailand. And Mitsubishi Electric is made in India.
ME operations are handled by the company itself, and MHI is handled by iapl group.
Both MHI & ME are excellent quality products. You may end up paying more but in the long run they are worth it. The ME (not the inverter one) that I am using since 2018 is functioning very good so far .

I would not particularly recommend Daikin if low noise is the consideation. Mitsubishi Heavy is well made but spares availability is said to be an issue.

I got a pair of Samsung Wind Free for my bedroom. They have perforated vents and can operate with the vents closed. in that mode only the LED shows they are working. There is no sound at all.

Cooling is as expected from a 1.5Tr unit

Both MHI & ME are excellent quality products. You may end up paying more but in the long run they are worth it. The ME (not the inverter one) that I am using since 2018 is functioning very good so far .
Thanks Nitin.
I would not particularly recommend Daikin if low noise is the consideation. Mitsubishi Heavy is well made but spares availability is said to be an issue.

I got a pair of Samsung Wind Free for my bedroom. They have perforated vents and can operate with the vents closed. in that mode only the LED shows they are working. There is no sound at all.

Cooling is as expected from a 1.5Tr unit
Thanks Shankar. Will check out samsung as well. Yes, daikin as per spec itself is not low in noise compared to Mitsubishis.

Very late post... Just for info
I use Hitachi AC and it's very silent. I compared Noice levels before purchasing it mainly for my HT Toom , this have the lowest noice level in spec. At AC start up , noice is slightly hearable , once it's kicked in It's completely silent . Sometime i check ac is on or off.
Other better options is O GENERAL , but it's slightly expensive.

Someone measured the db levels and posted on Quora

Someone measured the db levels and posted on Quora
Ogenral ASGG12CGTB is quieter at. 20 dBA
Mitsubishi heavy industries SRK13YXS - w6 is even quieter at 19 dBA

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back