Help in buying a silent split Ac

It’s just 110-120 sqft. First 15 days it was freaking cold. Night I was never able to use it and most of the time turn it of in the middle but from yesterday only this issue. What’s more pathetic is the way the technician spoke to me. I have escalated to LG and don’t expect much based on past experience. Let’s wait and see how they respond.
hmmm, i guess you would have been better with a 1.5 ton ac? i had to install a 2 ton for my 280 sqft room according to Carrier.
They refused to install a 1.5 ton in my room. I even had an argument with the service center head but got it written from the Carrier India head that they follow international norms & said my room is too big for a 1.5 ton ac.
Probably 1.5 ton would have been perfect for your room size & the price wasn't much of a difference anyways.

Cheers.

hmmm, i guess you would have been better with a 1.5 ton ac? i had to install a 2 ton for my 280 sqft room according to Carrier.
They refused to install a 1.5 ton in my room. I even had an argument with the service center head but got it written from the Carrier India head that they follow international norms & said my room is too big for a 1.5 ton ac.
Probably 1.5 ton would have been perfect for your room size & the price wasn't much of a difference anyways.

Cheers.
I actually used 1 ton Godrej for 5 years and think it’s sufficient enough for my room. 1.5 will be to much cause my mom uses 1.5 for almost similar room and it’s to much. Can never use it more then a hour. 1st 15 days it was excellent. Just past two days suddenly the cooling efficiency has come down.

If the outdoor unit is accessible, after you run the AC for sometime, touch the return cooling pipe. Is it chilly to touch then the compressor is doing it’s job fine. If not then compressor is not doing it’s job or the gas has leaked. This check will narrow down problem areas. Share if possible.

I had major troubles with one of my splits.
First thing I checked was that only. Tech also checked and confirmed no gas leak.The Ac comes with a diagnosis built in. If any has leakage it will show. So I have attached two results one is when it was cooling well which is the second image. The first image is when room was hot. Every values are normal except for compressor discharge In outdoor unit. When working fine the values where always 37-40c. Recently all diagnosis show 67-71c for compressor discharge. Apart from this value all seems normal from diagnosis

Attachments

• 019C9409-3760-4D2D-AB30-FFDDA2177D64.jpeg
    019C9409-3760-4D2D-AB30-FFDDA2177D64.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 22
  • AE3BDEDD-9E5A-4B31-A012-52A135182C52.jpeg
    AE3BDEDD-9E5A-4B31-A012-52A135182C52.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 20
Is it possible that the AC is getting a wrong temperature reading hence not cooling .

Is it possible that the AC is getting a wrong temperature reading hence not cooling .
No idea. Now m using it for 2 hours and kept at 24c. Room temperature is at 27 for 1 hour and never goes below. Before I have noticed it easily comes to 25 and stable at 26. 27 also feels cool but my issue now is it doesn’t stay cool. Time to time the room temp drops to 28 and it feels uncomfortable for 4-5 mins and again it cools. This has been my issue

As Rikhav has suggested, pls check if the eco setting is on. That is there on Mitsubhishi Electric too.

No idea. Now m using it for 2 hours and kept at 24c. Room temperature is at 27 for 1 hour and never goes below. Before I have noticed it easily comes to 25 and stable at 26. 27 also feels cool but my issue now is it doesn’t stay cool. Time to time the room temp drops to 28 and it feels uncomfortable for 4-5 mins and again it cools. This has been my issue
Have you tried reducing the temperature to 18 to check what temperature the AC maintains? I have had an LG 1.5 ton inverter AC for 3 years now in a 450 sq.ft hall and it is able to maintain around 23c inside (AC temperature set to 18) when the temperature is 40+ outside.

Have you tried reducing the temperature to 18 to check what temperature the AC maintains? I have had an LG 1.5 ton inverter AC for 3 years now in a 450 sq.ft hall and it is able to maintain around 23c inside (AC temperature set to 18) when the temperature is 40+ outside.
I didn’t want to check at 18 cause I never had the need to bring it that low even during summers with my old 1 ton Ac. For 15 days I used at 26 it was all fine now I have reduced it to 24 even then it’s not enough. I serious doubt the compressor discharge readings. The tech visited had no clue on what it is. Have escalated to lg and waiting for a tech with knowledge.
Two very abnormal readings as for now:

Compressor Discharge Temp: 72C (181F)
Middle Pipe Temp: 7C

High compressor discharge temp is very serious issue. DO NOT operate your AC for long, else you will lose your compressor. The compressor oil will evaporate and piston/rings will seize or whatever mechanical are there in your model.

Did the chap fill the right gas in the AC ?

My biggest guess is, he did not either use the right gas or did not do it properly. Did he vacuum the line first before releasing the gas ?

If the gas is evacuated and refilled again, the AC will work fine. Else you will lose your compressor. The last temperature limit of totally losing it is 225F.

Above holds if your outer unit installation has sufficient clearance for cooling of the fins AND your compressor cooling fan is indeed running. Check.

Read this too:https://www.achrnews.com/articles/97890-what-causes-high-compressor-discharge-temperature
Even my guess is that compressor discharge value. Previously when I ran the diagnosis it was always at 37-40c now always above 67. During installation they checked and said gas is fine

I hope that your ac issue is resolved as early as possible. It seems to me that there is either some kind of temperature sensor issue or some serious problem like compressor discharge value issue you are talking about.
Why don't you set it to 18° and then see if it is cooling better? If it cools your room sufficiently then it will discount any serious problem.
Anyways LG should do some ultra quick resolution.
Tonnage is sufficient for the size. Also it being an inverter ac, it can ramp up it's capacity somewhat if need arises.
Yes I can try 18 but I have been using at 25-26 for 15 days and it was awesome. And now even at 24 not Cooling as before so better to get it checked

Dear Fm’s

I need a very silent split Ac 1 ton for my main bedroom which is also where I have set my HT. I sit exactly below the ac and my current AC is noisy and I can clearly hear the blower and motor noise while watching movies.
Try Daikin. It's silent. I have Daikin 1tn ac in my bedroom

I understand that it should cool your room at 24 but if you try at 18 then it will work like in test mode. Or better still, run it in test mode.
I think sometimes ac sensors go haywire particularly in inverter ac.
I tried testing it at 26 last night and in 7 hours only once for a short period say for 3-5 mins the temperature dropped and maintained the room very cool most of the time. It’s weird that the ac performs better at 26 then at 24. LG told will send an experienced tech with all the required tools to test the ac on Monday.

I tried testing it at 26 last night and in 7 hours only once for a short period say for 3-5 mins the temperature dropped and maintained the room very cool most of the time. It’s weird that the ac performs better at 26 then at 24. LG told will send an experienced tech with all the required tools to test the ac on Monday.
could be something is over heating & thats why its performing better when you set it at 26C? :rolleyes:
Still this shouldn't happen for a 15 days old AC. Contact the dealer you bought it from & get it changed to another brand.
I did that with a panasonic Windows AC donkey years back, after few days was making some weird noise & stopped cooling. I then convinced the dealer i bought it from Vijay Sales who i use to buy a lot of stuff from them as E Cormerce wasn't big in India then. Had to pester them a lot but they toke it back & swapped it with another brand(Voltas) Which is still perfect since years even after not serving it regularly(Touch Wood)
Try contacting your dealer & see if they will swap for another brand?

Cheers.

Do you have a humidity sensor in the room? Just check if the cooling is getting affected due to humidity?

If you have an option, try moving to a 1.5T in your room.

MaSh

Do you have a humidity sensor in the room? Just check if the cooling is getting affected due to humidity?

If you have an option, try moving to a 1.5T in your room.

MaSh
I do not have. Let’s see if Lg tech will bring one today. My room for sure don’t need 1.5 since I have already used 1 ton for 5 years. Lg promised sending a senior tech with all the tools required to check everything in both indoor and outdoor unit. And if the say all is normal I am just going to use it as is for sometime. The ac in the other bedroom is 5 years old and the room is much smaller so I’ll just install the lg ac there and go for Mitsubushi or daikin next

could be something is over heating & thats why its performing better when you set it at 26C? :rolleyes:
Still this shouldn't happen for a 15 days old AC. Contact the dealer you bought it from & get it changed to another brand.
I did that with a panasonic Windows AC donkey years back, after few days was making some weird noise & stopped cooling. I then convinced the dealer i bought it from Vijay Sales who i use to buy a lot of stuff from them as E Cormerce wasn't big in India then. Had to pester them a lot but they toke it back & swapped it with another brand(Voltas) Which is still perfect since years even after not serving it regularly(Touch Wood)
Try contacting your dealer & see if they will swap for another brand?

Cheers.
Well I am not sure it will be possible given the circumstances. Already all business is at loss.The ac is good except at times dropping temperature so if it’s something that can be rectified by the technician I’ll stick on to it. It is silent as a whisper hahah an audiophile Ac.Most of the anger was on the tech who visited.Yeah Volta’s is very good. I used one for 5 years in my moms home during college days and it’s still running good even after 10 years.

I do not have. Let’s see if Lg tech will bring one today. My room for sure don’t need 1.5 since I have already used 1 ton for 5 years. Lg promised sending a senior tech with all the tools required to check everything in both indoor and outdoor unit. And if the say all is normal I am just going to use it as is for sometime. The ac in the other bedroom is 5 years old and the room is much smaller so I’ll just install the lg ac there and go for Mitsubushi or daikin next
Lol they won't. It's great they even got a gas checking machine. Here even after 2 reminders they did not. We have a 10 or more year old lg ac here. It's either On or Off. He he, nothing else works.

I don't think it's right to compare the cooling of old ac with the new one. They are built very different. If that is 1ton, you definitely need a 1.5 ton new ac in that same room.

We too have a vintage window ac here. 1ton assembled ac and boy does it chill the room. Again no fan speed control or temperature control. But chills the room instantly. On the down side sucks electricity like crazy too. This is where the issue lies. New ac are made efficient, to a cost, loaded with electronics, sensors, technology, etc. All to a cost. Hence, the recommendation always go for a tonnage that's overkill for the room.

MaSh

Well I am not sure it will be possible given the circumstances. Already all business is at loss.The ac is good except at times dropping temperature so if it’s something that can be rectified by the technician I’ll stick on to it. It is silent as a whisper hahah an audiophile Ac.Most of the anger was on the tech who visited.Yeah Volta’s is very good. I used one for 5 years in my moms home during college days and it’s still running good even after 10 years.
if you going for a new ac again for the room, go for a 1.5 ton this time. Always better to have more tonnage then less.

Cheers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back