Help in buying a silent split Ac

Dear Fm’s

Please stay away from Lg. Just 15 days completed and no proper cooling from the ac. From afternoon 2pm Ac is running and even now I am sweating. Raised complained yesterday and the technician visited around 6. He said everything is normal and can’t do anything. I am asking why am I sweating and his response is this is how Ac will work. Only thing he checked was gas and concluded everything is normal.Last night outside rooms were freezing cause of the climate now in Chennai and Ac room alone was hot. Now I have to use an Ac which can’t cool my room. I tried explaining the technician if it was normal why 1st 15 days it was extremely good And only from yesterday it is not cooling properly and also being a technician why you don’t even have the tool to measure room temperature and the technician response was go complain I don’t bother and there is no need for him to listen to me. My last Korean brand purchase.Good for nothing low quality and unreliable Korean brands. I should have stayed away and I blame my self for getting this knowing lg is total garbage in reliability. Why god why I went for this garbage brand when I had the budget for Mitsubishi or daikin. Go for LG if u can afford an Ac once in 15 days

It's simple, you just complain again and remark issue not resolved.

Personally speaking if something goes wrong with any equipment and there are differing views of customer and technician most companies have same approach i.e. this is how it is

It's simple, you just complain again and remark issue not resolved.

Personally speaking if something goes wrong with any equipment and there are differing views of customer and technician most companies have same approach i.e. this is how it is
The complain isn’t closed yet but this is my experience so far. It’s best pple stay away from LG and I am talking after multiple experience with them

Very sad affair.

Try cleaning the blower grill, easy to do. And my technician says, it’s helpful to give soapy water spray and later only water spray to the outside unit grill. However wait for 1/2 hour before you switch it on.

Further, good clearance of external unit for unrestricted and quick exchange of heat is very important. This depends on how wise your installation of external unit is.
Well since its just 15 days the ac is extremely clean. Looks good as new. Many have seen this thread i dont want any one to be miss-guided with my purchase. If quality and reliability is important please stay away from LG.This should be the conclusion of this thread. Just for the sake of sending one person LG sent an unprofessional tech who totally had 0 product knowledge. He didn't even understand what my complain was. First he acknowledged yes the room isnt cool enough and then says sir why this ac this model and its just one ton and also voltage may be an issue. So i run the inbuilt diagnosis and the reading was 240 voltage.He was left red faced. Next he puts his hand in blower and says cool air is coming so no issue. Next checks gas level it was normal and concluded no issues and says to my face do what you want and also complain i dont care and the next engineer visiting also will say the same. Even then i was polite to him and again explained him that my complain is not that gas level is low or no cooling is coming from the AC but the effect is less and at times it sweats even when the ac is running for 5 hours at 24c. Then he says cant do anything,you give feedback and that he is done

Last edited:
Dear Fm’s

Please stay away from Lg. Just 15 days completed and no proper cooling from the ac. From afternoon 2pm Ac is running and even now I am sweating. Raised complained yesterday and the technician visited around 6. He said everything is normal and can’t do anything. I am asking why am I sweating and his response is this is how Ac will work. Only thing he checked was gas and concluded everything is normal.Last night outside rooms were freezing cause of the climate now in Chennai and Ac room alone was hot. Now I have to use an Ac which can’t cool my room. I tried explaining the technician if it was normal why 1st 15 days it was extremely good And only from yesterday it is not cooling properly and also being a technician why you don’t even have the tool to measure room temperature and the technician response was go complain I don’t bother and there is no need for him to listen to me. My last Korean brand purchase.Good for nothing low quality and unreliable Korean brands. I should have stayed away and I blame my self for getting this knowing lg is total garbage in reliability. Why god why I went for this garbage brand when I had the budget for Mitsubishi or daikin. Go for LG if u can afford an Ac once in 15 days

If everything is ok then they should check the PCB. If the issue is not resolved nicely with their technicians & personnel & if they leave you in the lurch then put the issue on Twitter & Mouthshut.com. After that they should hopefully swing in action.

If everything is ok then they should check the PCB. If the issue is not resolved nicely with their technicians & personnel & if they leave you in the lurch then put the issue on Twitter & Mouthshut.com. After that they should hopefully swing in action.
Well the request isn’t closed let’s see what they say in their next visit. I really don’t want any visits during this COVID situation but sadly cause of this garbage lg Ac I am forced to allow tech visits. I am so angry I even decided to just throw this in the garbage and buy a mitsibushi or daikin Ac. But sadly wife is scolding money not growing in trees and she is correct. I am planning to adjust with this garbage for some time as the other bedroom Godrej Ac is already 5 years old and will install lg there and get a daikin or Mitsubishi for the main bedroom.

go for mitsubishi heavy electric inverter slipt ac they are the best and also try toshiba but not available in regular shops some exclusive dealers sells toshiba acs

Well the request isn’t closed let’s see what they say in their next visit. I really don’t want any visits during this COVID situation but sadly cause of this garbage lg Ac I am forced to allow tech visits. I am so angry I even decided to just throw this in the garbage and buy a mitsibushi or daikin Ac. But sadly wife is scolding money not growing in trees and she is correct. I am planning to adjust with this garbage for some time as the other bedroom Godrej Ac is already 5 years old and will install lg there and get a daikin or Mitsubishi for the main bedroom.

Can understand your frustration Navin. After all money dosen't grow on trees. Besides its dicey having people visiting the house during covid times. Anyways pls take the precautions & hope they resolve it.

I would avoid most tv brands except LG and Samsung but would avoid their ACs.
Japanese ACs are the best in my experience. I have two General and an each of Sharp and Daikin. All are very effective in cooling.

Dear Fm’s

How big is your room? its possible your room is too big for the 1Ton Capacity ac? if you going for another brand trust me, don't concentrate on this blower sound db as its not much important & just get the Carrier & sleep tight & cold:)
All the Best.

Cheers.

How big is your room? its possible your room is too big for the 1Ton Capacity ac? if you going for another brand trust me, don't concentrate on this blower sound db as its not much important & just get the Carrier & sleep tight & cold:)
All the Best.

Cheers.
It’s just 110-120 sqft. First 15 days it was freaking cold. Night I was never able to use it and most of the time turn it of in the middle but from yesterday only this issue. What’s more pathetic is the way the technician spoke to me. I have escalated to LG and don’t expect much based on past experience. Let’s wait and see how they respond.

If you can discount blower noise, particularly at high settings, Mitsubhishi and Fujitsu General are safest bet in split and I don’t look at any other brand than Fujitsu, for window. Their window are cooling monster irrespective of outside temperature !!!! They have braved 45 to 50C outside temp and worked relentlessly in my place.
you live in the Sahara? :D

Dear Fm’s

Sad experience. While dealing with Mitsubishi dealers might be less customer friendly in some cities (like your experience), their machines excel in performance and reliability. I was surprised at your decision to go with LG after the long deliberation process you went through. It might be possible to salvage the current situation and get the AC to work. But equally important are the learnings you take into future purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god. What temperature are you running the ac at? If there is cool air coming from the ac, they will never accept that ac is not working.

Keep the temperature 20+, never 16,18, etc. Temperature at 20-22 and blower at max. See if that makes a difference.

Finally consider something like this to seal the gaps under doors. This made a very noticeable difference in my inlaws place in kanpur, where the living room ac is under powdered.

MaSh

Finally consider something like this to seal the gaps under doors. This made a very noticeable difference in my inlaws place in kanpur, where the living room ac is under powdered.

@MaSh, Doubt it’s a room sealing issue as @Love4sound says he got perfect cooling for 15 days before the unit started malfunctioning.

Sad experience. While dealing with Mitsubishi dealers might be less customer friendly in some cities (like your experience), their machines excel in performance and reliability. I was surprised at your decision to go with LG after the long deliberation process you went through. It might be possible to salvage the current situation and get the AC to work. But equally important are the learnings you take into future purchases.
Most of the frustration is with the way engineer talked to me. I mean I didn’t even raise my voice or was rude. I just complained that something is wrong and he responds nothing is wrong do what ever you want, complain me I don’t care and when I asked how can u talk to a customer like this and he says this is how I talk normally if u don’t like it I don’t care go complain. He is casually saying if room is getting hot it’s not his problem and don’t care. Cool air is coming that’s it.
Oh my god. What temperature are you running the ac at? If there is cool air coming from the ac, they will never accept that ac is not working.

Keep the temperature 20+, never 16,18, etc. Temperature at 20-22 and blower at max. See if that makes a difference.

MaSh
First 15 days first one hour alone I will use 24 and later change it to 26 which was more then enough. But last two days I was using at 24 and even then it was not enough. 15-20 minutes it will be normal and for 5-10 minutes room will get hot almost like Ac is off. This was my complain.

Last edited:
This LG ac has some economy setting where it reduces the actual capacity of the unit
Try to disable it completely and check if cooling is back to normal.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back