Help in buying a silent split Ac

Yeah i feel comfortable at 29 lol
I usually never go below 27
That's very high in my opinion. 24-25 should be a better sweet spot I feel. Do you have a thermometer in the room, what does it show as the room temperature with and without ac?

MaSh

That's very high in my opinion. 24-25 should be a better sweet spot I feel. Do you have a thermometer in the room, what does it show as the room temperature with and without ac?

MaSh
No, but you have brought up a point. Will look into this.
I have 3 other ACs in my house and i have never felt the need to go below 27. Even in the office right now as i type, i have my AC setup at 28.

No, but you have brought up a point. Will look into this.
I have 3 other ACs in my house and i have never felt the need to go below 27. Even in the office right now as i type, i have my AC setup at 28.
I think you are perceiving 29 is just enough to cool the room and this doesn't really push the AC hard. I assume few ppl fall into this category, including me. I never had the need to go below 25 in my car. Never had i turned up the volume post 9'o clock position in my 20wpc amp (speakers are reasonably sensitive though).

I think you are perceiving 29 is just enough to cool the room and this doesn't really push the AC hard. I assume few ppl fall into this category, including me. I never had the need to go below 25 in my car. Never had i turned up the volume post 9'o clock position in my 20wpc amp (speakers are reasonably sensitive though).
Yeah, i think the prime motive to use a Air Conditioner is to make the room comfortable enough and not get chilled so much that it becomes uncomfortable.
For me, that comfortable temperature is around 27 to 29.
I have seen people who switch to 22 degrees on their ACs and then sleep with a blanket on. It just makes no sense and is plain stupid tbh.

Yeah, i think the prime motive to use a Air Conditioner is to make the room comfortable enough and not get chilled so much that it becomes uncomfortable.
For me, that comfortable temperature is around 27 to 29.
I have seen people who switch to 22 degrees on their ACs and then sleep with a blanket on. It just makes no sense and is plain stupid tbh.
Well if you and your family is comfortable with this temperature setting then that's great. In my family I set to 24 and given a chance it will be reduced to 18 by someone. Lol.

MaSh

Well if you and your family is comfortable with this temperature setting then that's great. In my family I set to 24 and given a chance it will be reduced to 18 by someone. Lol.

MaSh
It depends on where u live. In Chennai during summer there is no way you can keep the temperature at 27 and feel comfortable. Last month was horrible and some parts of tamil Nadu recorded 100 degrees.

It depends on where u live. In Chennai during summer there is no way you can keep the temperature at 27 and feel comfortable. Last month was horrible and some parts of tamil Nadu recorded 100 degrees.
Can imagine, it's the same in Visakhapatnam. However currently in kanpur and with 40+ in the afternoon, the ac is set to 20.

MaSh

Was following this thread from day one
Thanks to Love4sound and all inputs
Four days back I ordered Gr series 1ton, vendor asked 3-4 days for delivery as the stock is somewhere else, paid full amount for Ms-gr13vf 5 star ₹ 44700
1 ton. Mitsubishi Electric.
Today he called me and said that the unit is damaged ,so he requested to choose from GN series.Since I have already paid am going with GN series
Ms-GN-13vf 5 star - ₹39500/-
Installation fee-₹1000;cu-200per ft
Is this a good deal?Hoping for tomorrow’s installation.
Thanks and regards.

Was following this thread from day one
Thanks to Love4sound and all inputs
Four days back I ordered Gr series 1ton, vendor asked 3-4 days for delivery as the stock is somewhere else, paid full amount for Ms-gr13vf 5 star ₹ 44700
Today he called me and said that the unit is damaged ,so he requested to choose from GN series.Since I have already paid am going with GN series
Ms-GN-13vf 5 star - ₹39500/-
Installation fee-₹1000;cu-200per ft
Is this a good deal?Hoping for tomorrow’s installation.
Thanks and regards.
Price wise it’s good. But few things I didn’t like in the GN series, First is the remote. No back light and very basic for 1 ton model. Another thing is there is no auto vane and vertical swing in the 1 ton of GN series else I would have gone for it. Was it Prasana who said stock is damaged? Cause he seems to be the main distributor for south of tamil Nadu and he gave me the same excuse. Fight for refund is my advise. From yesterday i am asking for refund the seller keeps telling sure wil do and even today morning he confirmed by today evening I’ll get it. Now he called me and saying please give time till Monday and if no stock for sure they will refund. Go for the GR series they do have stocks Locked in harbour and unable to get the consignment cleared that’s why I think my seller is stalling for time. There are equally good ac’s for a much lesser price. If you like the GN series go ahead

Last edited:
Can you please share me the other options.
Carrier,Bluestar, Volta’s are currently giving good offers available within 34-38k. If you want an Mitsubishi equivalent then look at Daikin and Hitachi. You should be able to get a 5 start inverter well within 40-45k in Hitachi and Daikin.

Room size is about 270 sq.ft. Its a 21.5*12.5 feet room.
I set the fan speed to medium. High makes some noise, so medium is fine for me.
And this cooling is without the equipments like the avr in the room. With that in the room, i think i will have to turn up to 28 degrees.

Yeah i feel comfortable at 29 lol
I usually never go below 27

I used to do same thing with my window voltas AC 10-12 years ago and never felt the need to keep it below 27 after initial 10-15 minutes of cooling at 25. Mostly I kept the temp at 28-29 during night.

Split ACs are less effective comparatively and these days again after initial cooling at about 25 I lower the temperature to about 27. ACs fan speed is always set to auto whatever is the temperature. Celing fan is always on at 1-2 fan speed for better circulation of cool air.

I have also seen few friends and relatives who set the ac at 16 and then sleep with thick blankets.

I used to do same thing with my window voltas AC 10-12 years ago and never felt the need to keep it below 27 after initial 10-15 minutes of cooling at 25. Mostly I kept the temp at 28-29 during night.

Split ACs are less effective comparatively and these days again after initial cooling at about 25 I lower the temperature to about 27. ACs fan speed is always set to auto whatever is the temperature. Celing fan is always on at 1-2 fan speed for better circulation of cool air.

I have also seen few friends and relatives who set the ac at 16 and then sleep with thick blankets.
With ceiling fan u can keep the ac temp at 27-29. Even at my place I do that some times. But with no fan 23-24 for Chennai hot climate

Room size is about 270 sq.ft. Its a 21.5*12.5 feet room.
I set the fan speed to medium. High makes some noise, so medium is fine for me.
And this cooling is without the equipments like the avr in the room. With that in the room, i think i will have to turn up to 28 degrees.
Have you ever tried Auto? i guess if you use Auto speed for the Fan then u might have to lower the temp setting on your AC.

Have you ever tried Auto? i guess if you use Auto speed for the Fan then u might have to lower the temp setting on your AC.
With Auto, ive seen the fan speed is set at high and that is noisy tbh. Noisy not for sleeping, but maybe for the HT purpose. So i turn it down to medium setting.
Havent tried Auto for long periods of time and will have to check that.
Where do you live btw ? Im in Gujarat and the temperatures here easily touch 42-44 in Summer.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back