Help in buying a silent split Ac

Well thanks again for all the suggestions. I went ahead with the mitsibushi electric Gr series. It’s a 5 star inverter model. Purchase experience wasn’t nice as both the electric and heavy dealers were very adamant with giving discounts. Conversation with electric dealers where some what ok but with heavy it was pathetic. Discounts heavy gave was only 10-11% and when I asked why so less and the dealer response was it’s a premium brand. Pissed me off. Electric have 20% discount straight away but we’re not interested to negotiate any further. Other brands are giving flat 30-35% off with no bargains. End of the day what made me but the Mitsubishi was the 19db indoor unit noise rating. If any one needs help in finalising an AC do let me know. Lol I was researching so much on various brands and models for nearly a month

Congrats Navin, pls see the warranty period too. Since in an invertor ac the board is very expensive (was Rs.25,000/- two years ago) if it conks off.

Congrats Navin, pls see the warranty period too. Since in an invertor ac the board is very expensive (was Rs.25,000/- two years ago) if it conks off.
Recently Mitsubishi announced warranty 5 years on pcb and 10 years on compressor. Hopefully no issue arises

Last edited:
Well thanks again for all the suggestions. I went ahead with the mitsibushi electric Gr series. It’s a 5 star inverter model. Purchase experience wasn’t nice as both the electric and heavy dealers were very adamant with giving discounts. Conversation with electric dealers where some what ok but with heavy it was pathetic. Discounts heavy gave was only 10-11% and when I asked why so less and the dealer response was it’s a premium brand. Pissed me off. Electric gave 20% discount straight away but we’re not interested to negotiate any further. Other brands are giving flat 30-35% off with no bargains. End of the day what made me buy the Mitsubishi was the 19db indoor unit noise rating. If any one needs help in finalising an AC do let me know. Lol I was researching so much on various brands and models for nearly a month

Surprising logic for a purchase decision - higher percentage of discount. That way the brand that keeps larger margin for negotiation wins.

Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy the Mitsubishi quality. Ensure correct slopes and proper insulation during installation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who is into business of trade or manufacturing in India knows how quality is a very secondary consideration in comparison to costing of a product. Any product is made up of several components which in turn are supplied by several vendors. In this whole supply chain there are many instances where vendors will be compromising with quality to reduce costs. OEM are always pressuring their vendors on prices and these vendors are always trying o reduce costs.
I am myself such a part of a supply chain to several OEM vendors although I don't supply directly to these OEMs. Also I supply to several hardware wholesalers who supply all over India.
Believe me only mantra is that to keep prices down even at the expense of quality. So if 10 years back, a product was having thickness of 20mm and weight of 2kgs, now it's manufactured in thickness of 15mm and weight of 1.25kg.

I can agree to you but that doesnt happen in major companies like Daikin, Carrier or Mitsubishi. It just doesnt happen like that.
I have a manufacturing plant here in Gujarat so i know a fair deal of stuff of how this carries out.
Vendors cannot, on their wish tamper with the quality to lower costs. If they are caught they are blacklisted forever. Major Companies like Asian Paints or Daikin have a name to maintain, a reputation to maintain. This stuff what you are saying doesnt happen there. Every part is tested before assembling.
Even we do it. Sample from every batch is tested, made sure its okay and then allowed to go out.
Every Raw material before unloading is tested and only then if its positive is allowed to unload.
Not every company does this, but a company who has a name, reputation, quality to maintain cannot do this.
This is very psychological, people think " Its made in India, must be bad "
Not everytime.

And Yes, the quality has gone down over the years. But that has nothing to do with the region in which its being manufactured.
All happens on the wish of the Company.

So as I have mentioned in my previous post how bad the experience with both Mitsubishi electric and heavy it just got worse. Last Thursday I made full payment 45400 after asking so many times to confirm if stock is available and installation is possible in the current corona situation. They assured 100% delivery and installation the next day as stock is available. So Friday I kept waiting and got no calls. When ever I called the seller he was just stalling. Finally he gave me the distributor number and asked me to talk with him. The distributor says no stock not the fault of the seller as they only assured delivery and installation possible the next day and also that the stock that they thought that was available is damaged. So from Friday daily I have been calling both the dealer and distributor and they kept saying new stocks available but in harbour stuck due to lock down and gave 100% assurance by Thursday they will complete the installation. Today they are calling and trying to convince me to buy some other models which is lower then the one I paid for since those stocks are available. I have asked for refund and they have agreed. They didn’t even provide me a proper bill stating that guys in showroom can’t bill correctly. I actually didn’t visit the showroom and made the payment online. To hell with mitsibushi.

Last edited:
My god this is torture man. I think it's best to just walk into a store and the pick the best they have. Or maybe pick something from Amazon.

I am forced to pick an AC as the one I have in one of the rooms conked off yesterday. With temperatures at over 40 here in kanpur, getting an AC has become an emergency. Was looking at Voltas. Did you notice any other good pocket friendly options on Amazon?

MaSh

My god this is torture man. I think it's best to just walk into a store and the pick the best they have. Or maybe pick something from Amazon.

I am forced to pick an AC as the one I have in one of the rooms conked off yesterday. With temperatures at over 40 here in kanpur, getting an AC has become an emergency. Was looking at Voltas. Did you notice any other good pocket friendly options on Amazon?

MaSh

I am just going to wait for the refund and decide later. Volta’s prices were pocket friendly. My mom’s place they have a Volta’s 1.5 ton running almost for 10 years in which I have used for 4-5 years. It had few minor repairs sometimes but didn’t cost much. Cooling also is very good even now. Bluestar also giving 25-35 discounts.Also look at carrier. @Tuhin Lavania got a Carrier 2 ton inverter for 43k from Flipkart.

I am just going to wait for the refund and decide later. Volta’s prices were pocket friendly. My mom’s place they have a Volta’s 1.5 ton running almost for 10 years in which I have used for 4-5 years. It had few minor repairs sometimes but didn’t cost much. Cooling also is very good even now. Bluestar also giving 25-35 discounts.Also look at carrier. @Tuhin Lavania got a Carrier 2 ton inverter for 43k from Flipkart.

Hi Navin,

Since Mitsubishi guys are not responding properly then try Daikin.

Rgs,
Nitin

MaSh
If you are looking at Voltas - check out Tata Cliq portal - a sale is going on now. They provide 5 year warranty on the inverter models (you have to pay for two services per year though) - electronics, compressor, gas filling and all majors are covered by warranty. My experience with Tata Cliq and voltas has been good.

I have been using a Sharp split ac since 2014, two General split since 2018 and Daikin was added early this year. All of these are very quiet at low to moderate speed fan.
Voltas window ac bought in 2007 beats all of these combined by huge margin.

I have been using a Sharp split ac since 2014, two General split since 2018 and Daikin was added early this. All of these are very quiet at low to moderate speed fan.
Voltas window ac bought in 2007 beats all of these combined by huge margin.
Volta’s is good indeed but their split ac’s are noisy comparatively

Get the Carrier through Flipkart & call it a day. Don't bother so much for the DB of the blower, check the features, durability, service structure & off course price.

As i mentioned before, i m very happy with my Carrier 2 ton Smart Ac which i bought from flipkart & would recommend it to all my family/friends.

Got the AC serviced twice & the service is top notch.

Cheers.

Get the Carrier through Flipkart & call it a day. Don't bother so much for the DB of the blower, check the features, durability, service structure & off course price.

As i mentioned before, i m very happy with my Carrier 2 ton Smart Ac which i bought from flipkart & would recommend it to all my family/friends.

Got the AC serviced twice & the service is top notch.

Cheers.
Yeah will check it out but 1st I need to get my refund that’s all I am all thinking of now. Will check other brands later

I bought the Carrier 2 Ton through Fk.
Its only been a few days so cant really say anything.
I have a medium sized completely sealed room ( 2800 cubic feet ) and this one cools comfortably at 29.
Lets see how this keeps up in the coming time.

I bought the Carrier 2 Ton through Fk.
Its only been a few days so cant really say anything.
I have a medium sized completely sealed room ( 2800 cubic feet ) and this one cools comfortably at 29.
Lets see how this keeps up in the coming time.
You set the AC to 29C? hope its a typo lol

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back