Help in buying a silent split Ac

Thanks all for your feedback and suggestions. I spoke with the Mitsubishi dealer and wanted to purchase the below model purely for the reason it is rated at 19db which is the lowest in all brands And models I have a seen so far. Huge disappointment with Mitsibushi. They are not giving free installation and on top of that they are not giving the copper pipe and charging 750 for a metre. For installation 1500-2000 and I will need 3-4 metre so and additional 3k. Most of the brands I know give 3 metres free and don’t charge for installation. So the next choice I have is the LG 4 star inverter Ac. They have a rating of 21db which I am guessing should be silent enough. Also they advertise as stabilizer free operation. So any thoughts on LG Ac’s ?

Go with Mitsubishi. Quality product and have installed a 2 ton Mitsubishi AC in the living room. Very happy with its performance. Other companies maybe luring customers with these freebies and cutting corners on product quality. With Mitsubishi, you will complain only once when you pay a bit more but there will be no complaints when in operation. The operational issues can be a pain and you would wish you had paid a bit more and bought the Mitsubishi.

Last edited:
Copper Tubing will be chargeable. From a noise perspective, remember seeing some thread in AVS where they further reduce the sound by adding some dampeners, not sure how feasible is it in India. VRF are even quieter, because the motor is far away.

I recently Whirlpool and Panasonic ACs...haven't tried the Panasonic yet...but the Whirlpool has a "silent mode" which is not bad at all

Go with Mitsubishi. Quality product and have installed a 2 ton Mitsubishi AC in the living room. Very happy with its performance. Other companies maybe luring customers with these freebies and cutting corners on product quality. With Mitsubishi, you will complain only once when you pay a bit more but there will be no complaints when in operation. The operational issues can be a pain and you would wish you had paid a bit more and bought the Mitsubishi.

Second that! Ask the Mitsubishi guys for the specs of the pipes and insulation they use. And then talk to those giving as freebies and compare.

Been using a Panasonic cube for 6 years now. No issues whatsoever ever even with multiple installations across 3 cities and 4 houses. Gas was refilled at each installation.

MaSh

I have been using Onida 1 ton for about 10 years now. Major usage in summer. Absolutely no issues till date. Sound increased little bit. Only 3 minor services in 10 years. Even though not a popular brand, but highly satisfied on quality and vfm.

I use Daiken 1.5 inverter AC and I will never buy window AC because they are loud OR get loud sooner or later. Split ACs are dope.

Thanks all for your feedback and suggestions. I spoke with the Mitsubishi dealer and wanted to purchase the below model purely for the reason it is rated at 19db which is the lowest in all brands And models I have a seen so far. Huge disappointment with Mitsibushi. They are not giving free installation and on top of that they are not giving the copper pipe and charging 750 for a metre. For installation 1500-2000 and I will need 3-4 metre so and additional 3k. Most of the brands I know give 3 metres free and don’t charge for installation. So the next choice I have is the LG 4 star inverter Ac. They have a rating of 21db which I am guessing should be silent enough. Also they advertise as stabilizer free operation. So any thoughts on LG Ac’s ?

Is Sharp A/c Still relevant in the market ? I do not see any A/Cs on their website too.
I had 4 units installed about 6-7 years back and are still running good ( 1 unit had condenser coil leakages - I guess these were aluminium type/repaired last year )
I was contemplating this unit ( 7.5 mts cooper pipes/ copper condenser coils now / indoor units 19/29/35/41/43 dB ) at my new place now, but still not sure.
Others can chime in for more details.

https://www.croma.com/sharp-1-ton-5-star-split-inverter-ac-ah-xp12wht-white-/p/222173

Hitachi 1.5 ton using for close to 10 yrs. Would recommend.
Also consider outdoor unit placement - that should not become the main source of noise pollution for your room.

Thanks a lot every one. I have finalized on LG 5 start inverter 1 ton AC. It is rated at 21db for indoor unit. Yet to make the purchase as not sure when installation can be done under the current circumstances in chennai

Thanks a lot every one. I have finalized on LG 5 start inverter 1 ton AC. It is rated at 21db for indoor unit. Yet to make the purchase as not sure when installation can be done under the current circumstances in chennai

Congratulations on your selection.
Just wanted to share my 2 cents. I have bought a Hitachi 1.5 ton(518HCEA) 2 days back and is very much satisfied with the low noise level (specially the quiet mode - almost inaudible). Not a lot of bells and whistles but works fine for the purpose it is intended for. Other models from Hitachi produce very low noise as far as the feedback I have had. And there is hardly any doubt about the cooling efficiency of Hitachi.

Last edited:
Well every one in my circle are advising against LG so decided to drop it. I came here for advice and majority have suggested for mitsibushi and hence i am going to respect your opinions and go for Mitsubushi. Due to the current situation in chennai the purchase is getting delayed. Spoke with dealers and once delivery resumes i will get either Mitsubushi heavy or electric

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back