Help in buying a silent split Ac

have been using a Carrier 2 ton inverter model & been happy for almost a year,
Which Model? Cost?
Though 1 year pretty less in the life of ACs, something fully loaded from a reliable manufacturer is worth checking out, my Daikin hasn't given trouble in last 1.5 yr so far so good.

Which Model? Cost?
Though 1 year pretty less in the life of ACs, something fully loaded from a reliable manufacturer is worth checking out, my Daikin hasn't given trouble in last 1.5 yr so far so good.
Carrier Hybridjet Wifi Model. Yes bought this after renovating my room about a year ago but its been nice till now touch wood ;-)
Daiken suet be robust but as i mentioned the made in India models have a lot of issues.

Cheers.

Looks like I'm coming up on 2 years of usage. I have 2 units (1 ton each) for my largish room (24*16). Can get away with using only 1 except for between the months of April - June (minimum).

Installation was neat and they showed up for the 2 (I think) free service of the unit without any prompting on my part. Since then, AC's have been maintained by a really good service guy with whom I have AMC's for the other units in the house.
Ok thanks. Seems like their dealer network isn’t wide. Checked shahs and they don’t deal. Have to check reliance digital and chroma
Daikin is a supposed to be a good brand, I have a very bad experience( 5yr usage/Rs 55k local purchase) with Daikin 2Ton inverter model. Every summer it needs some/ or other kind of service, rattles occasionally, but cools efficiently. Initially changed bundled Stabilizer 3 times under warranty and later I was told that it needs higher capacity Stabilizer; But only after the warranty period is over. two times I paid 5k repair bills. But When works it cools perfectly and runs quite silent. Have used Carrier earlier which is no nonsense type of AC, Quite reliable as far as cooling is considered. Bit low on features.

I have 2 other LG inverter ACs ; no problems whatsoever since 4 years.
Service from bluestar is pretty good at office, would prefer Hitachi, Voltas ( all weather) or Bluestar whenever this Daikin needs service next time.

Buy slightly higher capacity if going for inverter ACs, Auto Clean option is handy and look for properly adjustable options for vertical and horizontal swings. Don't bother about hifi features like Wi-Fi etc, plasma filter may not be very effective but always better to have it. Better stick to known brands with good serviceability in your area instead of unknown brands. Look for Copper Wiring and 410a Gas as preferred options, buy extended warranty whenever possible.
LG,bluestar and Hitachi I am interested. How are they interms of indoor noise.
Yes Daiken are now made in India & the quality has degraded big time. I have a lot of friends complain about the made in India Daikens.
The earlier made in Thailand Daikens were super reliable & better build quality. I have been using a Carrier 2 ton inverter model & been happy for almost a year, touch wood. It cools well & is pretty silent for my needs. It has wifi in built & works with Alexa flawless so all good in my Smart Home setup.

Cheers.
Well daiken is out since so many of you gave negative feedback.

Im in search for a AC too, saw one model of Hitachi and another one Mitsubishi.
I have a medium sized room ( 2800 cubic feet ) so im getting a 2 Ton AC. Mitsubishi offers a 2.2 Ton model which i really liked. But price wise its 6k costlier than the Hitachi 2Ton model.

Secondly, i completely refuse to believe that foreign company products when made in India are not upto the mark in terms of Quality and performance. It doesnt work that way. Companies have direct and very strong supervision over the companies which are manufacturing their products for them in case of a Jobwork. The products can never go wrong unless they really want it to.
People who say the quality has gone down when manufactured in India are using defamatory claims or are completely misinformed.

Daikin is a good brand to go with. Have been using since 9 yrs with no issues. They are pioneer's in inverter technology and VRF's in the market. Mitsubishi & Hitachi come next. You could also look at Toshiba.

Daikin is a good brand to go with. Have been using since 9 yrs with no issues. They are pioneer's in inverter technology and VRF's in the market. Mitsubishi & Hitachi come next. You could also look at Toshiba.
I checked Daiken site and all their models have a noise operation of 26db plus.

I have Daikin in my HT room if it is running at 22 - 24*C the noise if low and ignorable. If you reduce below 20*C its noticeable. Come and experience yourself. :)

Have 2 Daikins at home one is the Inverter model and another one normal.

I have Daikin in my HT room if it is running at 22 - 24*C the noise if low and ignorable. If you reduce below 20*C its noticeable. Come and experience yourself. :)

Have 2 Daikins at home one is the Inverter model and another one normal.
Sure will come.

Im in search for a AC too, saw one model of Hitachi and another one Mitsubishi.
I have a medium sized room ( 2800 cubic feet ) so im getting a 2 Ton AC. Mitsubishi offers a 2.2 Ton model which i really liked. But price wise its 6k costlier than the Hitachi 2Ton model.

Secondly, i completely refuse to believe that foreign company products when made in India are not upto the mark in terms of Quality and performance. It doesnt work that way. Companies have direct and very strong supervision over the companies which are manufacturing their products for them in case of a Jobwork. The products can never go wrong unless they really want it to.
People who say the quality has gone down when manufactured in India are using defamatory claims or are completely misinformed.

Between Hitachi and Mitsubishi as per my observation, Mitsubishi is better. We have Hitachi 1.5 ton invertor AC at our office but the normal Mitsubishi 1.5 AC at home is better & cools faster . The Mitsubishi split that I have is assembled in Thailand.
I would also like to believe that the made in India Daiken would be as good as the imported earlier ones. But sadly I too was told otherwise by people dealing in assembled AC's. Honestly speaking earlier I had heard a lot of good things of Daiken. Only the current Daiken users can throw light on this.

Mitsubishi heavy industries is the quietest. get a 5 star model if you want less noise because that cuts off faster than the 3 stars. downside is cooling takes more time compared to the quick cool capability of the 3 star models. I have a combination of Panasonic Mitsubishi LG and Daikin spilts. Panasonic cools the best by far bit is the noisiest as well. alag is silent and cools real well but within a year you'll hear rattles etc. Daikin thailand is superb but not as silent as the Mitsubishi heavy duty. Mitsubishi takes the most time to cool but doesn't make a whisper. It's also the oldest ac of my lot and there are no rattles etc. It's a 5 star model. There are two mitsubishi companies. One has the Mr Slim series while the other is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries made in thailand. i have the heavy industries model and have no idea regarding the mr slim series.

There are two mitsubishi companies. One has the Mr Slim series while the other is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries made in thailand. i have the heavy industries model and have no idea regarding the mr slim series.

I have the Mr. Slim series made in Thailand, non invertor split AC installed at my place. Very quiet and cools the room in 5 to 7 mins. Offcourse the cooling is subjective to the room size. Touch wood works well so far after 2 years. Even the Heavy Industries AC's are good. Proper service and parts availability after purchase from a reputed dealer is very important.

Last edited:
Dear Fm’s

I need a very silent split Ac 1 ton for my main bedroom which is also where I have set my HT. I sit exactly below the ac and my current AC is noisy and I can clearly hear the blower and motor noise while watching movies.
Mitsubishi Heavy electric inverter Ac ! make sure you get the heavy electric one if at all you decide to go for it.
Cheers!

Guess there are a number of us happy Mitsubishi Heavy users here. Good products always get spontaneously promoted.

I was able to find the official site for Mitsibushi India electric private limited and get all the details of the models they offer but not for Mitsubishi heavy.

I was able to find the official site for Mitsibushi India electric private limited and get all the details of the models they offer but not for Mitsubishi heavy.

Google for ‘IAPL India’. They are not just the India distributors, but I remember also have some cross holding in the manufacturing plant overseas. I am also PMing you a senior sales official’s number.

:pYou want Audiophile AC :D .As said earlier by many FMs try Daikin .Also I have seen many Commercial installation are O general which you can check it too.

:pYou want Audiophile AC :D .As said earlier by many FMs try Daikin .Also I have seen many Commercial installation are O general which you can check it too.
Hahaha sure will check it out. Based on the current scenario it may take a lot of time to get it installed

Thanks all for your feedback and suggestions. I spoke with the Mitsubishi dealer and wanted to purchase the below model purely for the reason it is rated at 19db which is the lowest in all brands And models I have a seen so far. Huge disappointment with Mitsibushi. They are not giving free installation and on top of that they are not giving the copper pipe and charging 750 for a metre. For installation 1500-2000 and I will need 3-4 metre so and additional 3k. Most of the brands I know give 3 metres free and don’t charge for installation. So the next choice I have is the LG 4 star inverter Ac. They have a rating of 21db which I am guessing should be silent enough. Also they advertise as stabilizer free operation. So any thoughts on LG Ac’s ?

Thanks all for your feedback and suggestions. I spoke with the Mitsubishi dealer and wanted to purchase the below model purely for the reason it is rated at 19db which is the lowest in all brands And models I have a seen so far. Huge disappointment with Mitsibushi. They are not giving free installation and on top of that they are not giving the copper pipe and charging 750 for a metre. For installation 1500-2000 and I will need 3-4 metre so and additional 3k. Most of the brands I know give 3 metres free and don’t charge for installation. So the next choice I have is the LG 4 star inverter Ac. They have a rating of 21db which I am guessing should be silent enough. Also they advertise as stabilizer free operation. So any thoughts on LG Ac’s ?

Daikin also charges extra for these as u listed...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back