Help in buying a silent split Ac

With Auto, ive seen the fan speed is set at high and that is noisy tbh. Noisy not for sleeping, but maybe for the HT purpose. So i turn it down to medium setting.
Havent tried Auto for long periods of time and will have to check that.
Where do you live btw ? Im in Gujarat and the temperatures here easily touch 42-44 in Summer.
well in my Carrier AC, the Auto starts on medium fan setting & eventually goes to Low & sometimes even lower then Low i feel when the room reaches its temperature of 25C. The intial Fan Speed depends what the ambient temp of the room is when the AC is turned on.
I m from Mumbai & man we had a super hot summer this time.

Cheers.

well in my Carrier AC, the Auto starts on medium fan setting & eventually goes to Low & sometimes even lower then Low i feel when the room reaches its temperature of 25C. The intial Fan Speed depends what the ambient temp of the room is when the AC is turned on.
I m from Mumbai & man we had a super hot summer this time.

Cheers.
Lol the place where i live is a industial zone and it gets super hot here as well.
I will check the auto setting for a longer time now.

Carrier,Bluestar, Volta’s are currently giving good offers available within 34-38k. If you want an Mitsubishi equivalent then look at Daikin and Hitachi. You should be able to get a 5 start inverter well within 40-45k in Hitachi and Daikin.
Thanks for your suggestion
Yesterday installed MSY-GR18 1.5 ton
to avoid refund hassle went with same vendor.
Hope he gave a good discount
Mrp-68600/-,paid-53000/-
Installation charges-1000/-
Copper pipe-200 per foot
Cheers

No, but you have brought up a point. Will look into this.
I have 3 other ACs in my house and i have never felt the need to go below 27. Even in the office right now as i type, i have my AC setup at 28.

I have a Mitsubishi heavy 1.96 ton 4-star non-inverter AC in my L-shaped living room (398 sq ft area, including kitchen) and I keep it at 28 (sometimes 27, but never below). Quite comfortable at that temperature. I’m in chennai and the main duty of this AC is to remove the horrendous humidity in the room - that’s why I think 28 is comfortable. It might be different in dry heat areas like Nagpur or Delhi - 28 May not be comfortable enough.

Thanks for your suggestion
Yesterday installed MSY-GR18 1.5 ton
to avoid refund hassle went with same vendor.
Hope he gave a good discount
Mrp-68600/-,paid-53000/-
Installation charges-1000/-
Copper pipe-200 per foot
Cheers
Good you went with the GR series. I am still waiting for my refund.

Bought Voltas 1.5 ton 5 star inverter under Tata Power scheme main consideration being the 5 years comprehensive warranty offered by Voltas. Voltas is the only vendor besides Godrej offering such a warranty for a reasonable cost.
Also those who suffer gas leaks due to IDU coil corrosion, what I have researched is that only Mitsubishi Electric & Fujitsu General have their indoor unit coated with protective layer. Both these companies import from their Thailand factories.
Others who claim blue fin or gold fin coating, I think it's mainly to protect aluminium fins or to prevent corrosion due to dissimilar metals being welded. But in my opinion this type of corrosion doesn't affect us in Delhi, Noida etc.
Volta’s is good indeed. Should last long. As I have mentioned in the previous replies my mom’s 10 year old Volta’s is still running good. Had a few repairs but didn’t cost much.

Well finally I got my refund. Now I am going to wait cause from 19th Chennai is going to be in complete lockdown till 31st and May extend as well since the daily counts are increasing at a rapid speed. And also the peak summer is over now and can manage without Ac in the other room. Will check again once the lock down is over with mitsibushi or go with daikin

I am using Daiken ...silent
I also thought of getting the daikin. It’s a good Ac for sure. When I contacted the dealer and enquired about the inverter models they where advising not to go for inverter models. Reason being is the PCB is complicated to service and that the service technicians themselves don’t know to do minor repairs which will lead to heavy repairs and expense . Also no 5 years warranty on pcb like other brands. So planning to go with LG itself

Well finally I went with LG itself. The purchase and installation experience turned to be the best. I tried to contact few shops near my area for more then 2 days including reliance digital but no one attended the call. Finally gave up and contacted the local LG service centre yesterday around 5 in the evening and requested to help. They sent an engineer immediately within 30 minutes to check the location and confirmed by tomorrow morning installation will be completed if I make the purchase and they them self connected me to Jai home appliances. I made online payment by 6 in the evening and the ac was delivered by 7pm. Morning 9am sharp the technician came and dismantled the old Ac and installed the new AC. They them self installed the Godrej Ac in the other room as well and also charged only 3000 rs for both the work. Materials additional 1600 rs(Lg outdoor stand, drain pipe 9meteres and insulation duct and tape 3 meters for the old Godrej ac)and completed the work by 1:30 pm. Coming to the ac it’s a 1 ton and takes time to cool my 120 sq feet room. Well it’s summer in Chennai and climate is very hot.The ac is dead silent which was very important and to say how silent it was I kept my ears to the blower and absolutely 0 noise. When setting below I don’t even know if the ac is on or not. Well within a span of 6 months I have purchased two products from a brand I hate. I always say avoid these cheap Korean brands. Hope it stays problem free for 4-5 years8AF180D5-4964-4A54-A66C-B44CE4D2FCF5.jpeg962F6417-5E17-43B9-B9C3-47552B0C3A11.jpeg

Last edited:
Well finally I went with LG itself. The purchase and installation experience turned to be the best. I tried to contact few shops near my area for more then 2 days including reliance digital but no one attended the call. Finally gave up and contacted the local LG service centre yesterday around 5 in the evening and requested to help. They sent an engineer immediately within 30 minutes to check the location and confirmed by tomorrow morning installation will be completed if I make the purchase and they them self connected me to Jai home appliances. I made online payment by 6 in the evening and the ac was delivered by 7pm. Morning 9am sharp the technician came and dismantled the old Ac and installed the new AC. They them self installed the Godrej Ac in the other room as well and also charged only 3000 rs for both the work. Materials additional 1600 rs(Lg outdoor stand, drain pipe 9meteres and insulation duct and tape 3 meters for the old Godrej ac)and completed the work by 1:30 pm. Coming to the ac it’s a 1 ton and takes time to cool my 120 sq feet room. Well it’s summer in Chennai and climate is very hot.The ac is dead silent which was very important and to say how silent it was I kept my ears to the blower and absolutely 0 noise. When setting below I don’t even know if the ac is on or not. Well within a span of 6 months I have purchased two products from a brand I hate. I always say avoid these cheap Korean brands. Hope it stays problem free for 4-5 yearsView attachment 47201View attachment 47203
Looks nice congrats on the purchase!

LG won't give you cutting edge tech but durable products with excellent and reasonably priced service. I think LG is a perfectly good brand providing value for money solutions. It has been so since it's Goldstar days.
Somehow I dont have the same respect for Samsung though.
I never prefer korean brands. If i am in a multi brand shop i stay away from samsung and lg section. while purchasing cars i never visit Hyundai that much i hate them lol. This year somehow c9 and the AC charmed me with their pricing and value it offers. Main reason for me to hate them was durability and the user experience but you say otherwise. Have you had a better experience with them? For me it was always bad. Have used Samsung phones,Ac LG tv and al kept failing regularly. Even when working the user experience was bad.

LG service has always been top notch. I did mention LG dual inverter to you. Congrats ! I personally don’t like LG ac but this dual inverted is supposed to be nice. Just keep the blower grill clean and the outdoor cooling mesh as well.
Yeah it is very good and most importantly silent.They advertise as quieter then a whisper which is true indeed.

Well finally I went with LG itself. The purchase and installation experience turned to be the best. I tried to contact few shops near my area for more then 2 days including reliance digital but no one attended the call. Finally gave up and contacted the local LG service centre yesterday around 5 in the evening and requested to help. They sent an engineer immediately within 30 minutes to check the location and confirmed by tomorrow morning installation will be completed if I make the purchase and they them self connected me to Jai home appliances. I made online payment by 6 in the evening and the ac was delivered by 7pm. Morning 9am sharp the technician came and dismantled the old Ac and installed the new AC. They them self installed the Godrej Ac in the other room as well and also charged only 3000 rs for both the work. Materials additional 1600 rs(Lg outdoor stand, drain pipe 9meteres and insulation duct and tape 3 meters for the old Godrej ac)and completed the work by 1:30 pm. Coming to the ac it’s a 1 ton and takes time to cool my 120 sq feet room. Well it’s summer in Chennai and climate is very hot.The ac is dead silent which was very important and to say how silent it was I kept my ears to the blower and absolutely 0 noise. When setting below I don’t even know if the ac is on or not. Well within a span of 6 months I have purchased two products from a brand I hate. I always say avoid these cheap Korean brands. Hope it stays problem free for 4-5 yearsView attachment 47201View attachment 47203

Congrats Navin, great you could finally get the AC installed. Korean brands are also decent & have come a long way. You will like them over a period of time. Nowadays very few & expensive items are made in Japan. Yeah, you miss them a lot.

congrats.....is it silent? energy ratings?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back