Help in buying a silent split Ac

Lol today’s tech visit was no different. He ran the usual diagnostics and concluded Ac is fine. He was telling problem is that I am not using the fan speed at max. So the tech visit lasted for nearly a hour and A/C was on the whole time at max speed and at 24. Still the room wasn’t cool. I have proved giving live demo that the room is warm and still they are not able to find what the issue is. I have been using Ac from 2005 and not once I have used it with fan at max speed except for the 1st 15-20 mins for fast cooling and the tech was arguing that the right setting is fan speed at max and left saying monitor usage for one day. After some times he is calling me and asking me to share the happy code sent by lg, only to be provided to close the case and if I am fully satisfied. I said why are you asking that code and he was lying that it is compulsory that I provide the code and the reason is it is proof that service visit had happened and he needs to enter it in the system to record for warranty purpose lol. Man I am done don’t care about money and going to throw it in garbage and stop wasting time with these useless tech visits. Will use till it’s manageable and during summer if it’s not manageable I am going to just get Mitsubushi or daikin and throw this. I am that angry with myself advising every one to not go near Korean brands but went for lg after finalising Mitsubushi. I am the most stupidest person to buy a garbage knowing it’s garbage

Hammer LG on their website, their FB page, email to their head office or where ever you can. Draft one strong scathing email and send it to all. I did this once for OLED for burn-in spots. They changed the panel first and then finally had to replace the TV itself to the latest model.

Tell them: Life is NOT Good ! It’s horrible after purchasing your product !

Don’t let them go free on this.
Well I was using in fan speed 1 for the 1st 15 days and it was fine,no idea why the drop in performance time to time suddenly at speed 1.Now I am testing speed 2 for past 2 days and it seems to be good and maintains the room well but the chillness you get in an Ac is definitely missing. When I enter the other room it feels so awesome but when I enter this room no matter how long the ac is running it’s just ok and the same was agreed by the tech as well.Already had two visits and I don’t want any more useless tech visits during this COVID situation with Chennai being affected big time. I am going to manage and use it and if not good in summer I’ll just get a better one. May be this is the limit of lg inverter ac’s

Last edited:
I have a Mitsubishi heavy 1.96 ton 4-star non-inverter AC in my L-shaped living room (398 sq ft area, including kitchen) and I keep it at 28 (sometimes 27, but never below). Quite comfortable at that temperature. I’m in chennai and the main duty of this AC is to remove the horrendous humidity in the room - that’s why I think 28 is comfortable. It might be different in dry heat areas like Nagpur or Delhi - 28 May not be comfortable enough.
Same L-shaped living Room, I'm from Hyderabad with similar area with 2.2 Ton 26000 BTU/HR MHI AC and I set the temps at 28c and its just perfect and very comfortable when outside temps are 43c. And this is for a top floor. Takes 1 hour to cool but no humidity which feels very comfortable. During the day time in the peak summer 27-28 is just perfect imo. During nights I set it at 22-24c.

@narenvaidee Can you please share your experiences with 2019 Model MHI 1.95 Ton and how it performs so far ? How many hours do you use every day ? I really love MHI ACs and I already own 1.6 Ton SRK20CSS-S6 and 2.2 SRK25CSS-S6 and they are great (No issues so far). Thought of getting ME non inverter this time, but 2.0Ton MS-GK24VA has lesser BTU than MHI 1.95 Ton and also consumes more power @ 1800w but by no means it's a bad AC. MHI 1.95 Ton has better specs on paper. So I wanted to hear about it from someone who already owns it. Daikin used to be great but Made in Thailand ones. Thailand is really good in refrigeration industry. They make the highest quality compressors.

@narenvaidee Can you please share your experiences with 2019 Model MHI 1.95 Ton and how it performs so far ? How many hours do you use every day ? I really love MHI ACs and I already own 1.6 Ton SRK20CSS-S6 and 2.2 SRK25CSS-S6 and they are great (No issues so far). Thought of getting ME non inverter this time, but 2.0Ton MS-GK24VA has lesser BTU than MHI 1.95 Ton and also consumes more power @ 1800w but by no means it's a bad AC. MHI 1.95 Ton has better specs on paper. So I wanted to hear about it from someone who already owns it. Daikin used to be great but Made in Thailand ones. Thailand is really good in refrigeration industry. They make the highest quality compressors.

So far so good. I was using the AC for about 4 hrs a day during peak summer. Didn't get a chance to use it for the past 1 month as the temperatures have come down (well, relatively)/raining on and off or cloudy and I don't see a need for AC in the day. Mine is an open terrace and when the temperature is 40ish outside, the AC takes about 30mins to bring the temperature down to a comfortable level. I decided against inverter AC as I know that I won't be using it extensively - maybe a few hours during hot days. Don't go by the stuff on paper - you will be super wrong :) The things that I checked on paper were the power ratings for inverter vs non-inverter models and the one that I have has a max power rating of 1635W (4-star model).

For the amount we pay for MHI, the quality of the remote leaves a lot to be desired. Plain rubbish. My almost 8yr old Sharp inverter has a neatly laid out remote - not backlit, but my muscle memory helps as the buttons are neatly spaced. I was trying to get a Sharp AC, but wherever I went I saw only LG, Samsung and Voltas. Couldn't explore much due to the chinese virus pandemic.

If your usage is going to me more for similar area, inverter should be your choice. You won't regret that decision when the AC ages 4-5 yrs down the line.

So far so good. I was using the AC for about 4 hrs a day during peak summer. Didn't get a chance to use it for the past 1 month as the temperatures have come down (well, relatively)/raining on and off or cloudy and I don't see a need for AC in the day. Mine is an open terrace and when the temperature is 40ish outside, the AC takes about 30mins to bring the temperature down to a comfortable level. I decided against inverter AC as I know that I won't be using it extensively - maybe a few hours during hot days. Don't go by the stuff on paper - you will be super wrong :) The things that I checked on paper were the power ratings for inverter vs non-inverter models and the one that I have has a max power rating of 1635W (4-star model).

For the amount we pay for MHI, the quality of the remote leaves a lot to be desired. Plain rubbish. My almost 8yr old Sharp inverter has a neatly laid out remote - not backlit, but my muscle memory helps as the buttons are neatly spaced. I was trying to get a Sharp AC, but wherever I went I saw only LG, Samsung and Voltas. Couldn't explore much due to the chinese virus pandemic.

If your usage is going to me more for similar area, inverter should be your choice. You won't regret that decision when the AC ages 4-5 yrs down the line.
Thanks for sharing, my friend has a MHI Inverter and nothing so great about it, but it will be used for 12 hours a day everyday and the performance is nothing like my Non-inverter version.

With experiences that I have, I avoid inverter AC's, for one main reason, PCB issues. I have seen PCBs failing very often due to external reasons such as lightening strikes, power fluctuations, corrosion etc and parts for Mitsubishi AC's are hard to come by and are of a niche segment and also it is not easy for a regular ac technician to fix PCBs issues so I stay away from them. So I buy low-tech, fit it and forget it kind of air conditioners.

The reason I suggest ME for inverters is for their durability, their pcb and outdoor units have weather protection coatings, they are super silent. Their PCB can take upto 440v of surge. ME has very high experience in AC component and Electrical equipment manufacturing and I also felt that ME Inverters have superb performance over MHI Inverters, the best inverter AC I have seen off-late. MHI is nothing less but they source parts from the best and integrate, they use ac fan DC motor from Nidec, some parts from Panasonic and MHI makes their own compressors in Thailand. I feel ME is a tad bit better in Inverters and MHI is nothing less, both are neck and neck. And I see many ME AC's installed in my neighborhood and rarely find MHI.

I strongly suggest ME Inverters, they are really nice.

ME uses Nichicon Capacitors which are one of the best in the world. You can see the fan blades when compressor is in slow mode but the cooling temperatures are amazing even at low speeds. Inverters are finest for temp and mainly humidity control but so it the cost of ownership and maintenance.

And if I get a Non-Inverter AC, most of the parts can be repaired or retrofitted with third party spares for ex: Relays and Capacitors. And they work just as good. All my air conditioners are working without any issues for more than 10 years and all are non-inverters and maintained by a dedicated AC Technician. And spares can be scavenged from the open market.

Found this video on youtube, both look very well made:
BTW, Mitsubishi's see Australia's harshest hot zones and most Australians are divided between MHI and ME aircons. (Just Sharing:))

So finally after multiple escalations and bugging lg in twitter had a proper tech visit. So the main reason for drop in temperature is that the compressor shuts off at times which is shocking for me. This is a dual inverter ac and as per tech inverter ac’s should never shut down the compressor but LG confirmed this is how this model works. Did my research and seems like recently many inverter model ac’s are functioning like this. Major reason for me to go for inverter ac is that the compressor shouldn’t shut down resulting in constant and comfortable cooling. M in second floor with my room facing open ground and sun. My floor is the last floor in the apartment.So when the compressor shuts down the indoor unit blows only air and my room gets heated very quickly. It is during this period room gets hot and feels uncomfortable. Really disappointed. Guess in summer it’s going to be much worse. Some times in the middle of the night also I have felt uncomfortable. So what is the take from this? For us audiophiles room is always an enemy not only for speakers, subwoofer performance but also for ac performance :D

So finally after multiple escalations and bugging lg in twitter had a proper tech visit. So the main reason for drop in temperature is that the compressor shuts off at times which is shocking for me. This is a dual inverter ac and as per tech inverter ac’s should never shut down the compressor but LG confirmed this is how this model works. Did my research and seems like recently many inverter model ac’s are functioning like this. Major reason for me to go for inverter ac is that the compressor shouldn’t shut down resulting in constant and comfortable cooling. M in second floor with my room facing open ground and sun. My floor is the last floor in the apartment.So when the compressor shuts down the indoor unit blows only air and my room gets heated very quickly. It is during this period room gets hot and feels uncomfortable. Really disappointed. Guess in summer it’s going to be much worse. Some times in the middle of the night also I have felt uncomfortable. So what is the take from this? For us audiophiles room is always an enemy not only for speakers, subwoofer performance but also for ac performance :D
I do have a LG Dual Inverter 2017 version and I never saw the compressor shutting down. It just only slows down or may be I am not paying too much attention. ME Inverter AC for sure never cuts the compressor, it slows down to a point where you can count the fins but compressor won't stop running, they call it the poki-poki motor. ME inverters are great ACs, I must tell you that.

I do have a LG Dual Inverter 2017 version and I never saw the compressor shutting down. It just only slows down or may be I am not paying too much attention. ME Inverter AC for sure never cuts the compressor, it slows down to a point where you can count the fins but compressor won't stop running, they call it the poki-poki motor. ME inverters are great ACs, I must tell you that.
Yeah the LG tech also said the older models don’t shut down the compressor. I know ME is great and I wanted to get the GR series but sadly do stock even tried MI and they also had no stocks of the model I asked for

A small update from my end, I had requirement for (2) more ACs and bought (2) ME Non-inverters this time around (MS-GK18VA and MS-GK24VA) and not yet installed. But I opened the packing and had a close look at the ODUs and my initial impressions were great. The built quality of these HVACs were top class, well built and well engineered I can say and I could only give a proper review and compare them with my MHI ACs during the peak of summer.

I can tell one thing for sure, I thought MHI ACs were great compared to ME ACs based on their spec sheet from IAPL website and now I clearly understood that it's glorious marketing to make these ACs stand out by projecting misleading specs, actually both these ACs are neck and neck and I am more inclined towards ME ACs now.

Dear Fm’s

I need a very silent split Ac 1 ton for my main bedroom which is also where I have set my HT. I sit exactly below the ac and my current AC is noisy and I can clearly hear the blower and motor noise while watching movies.
Diakin is the most silent

So, now I'm on the lookout for a 1.5 ton AC for my 150 sqft HT room. After adding 4K projector to my HT room, in this summer room is really running hot. My HT room is on the second floor and no floors beyond that. Naveen, after a considerable period of time, how is your experience with LG dual Inverter AC. Would love to hear from you a long time review. There are very few posts regarding AC for HT on this forum. All... please stay home as much as possible and stay safe.

So finally after multiple escalations and bugging lg in twitter had a proper tech visit. So the main reason for drop in temperature is that the compressor shuts off at times which is shocking for me. This is a dual inverter ac and as per tech inverter ac’s should never shut down the compressor but LG confirmed this is how this model works. Did my research and seems like recently many inverter model ac’s are functioning like this. Major reason for me to go for inverter ac is that the compressor shouldn’t shut down resulting in constant and comfortable cooling.
Thanks for pointing it out, if inverter ac is turning off compressor then ac is useless in my opionion. I blindly bought 1.5 ton samsung inverter ac one year ago for my HT room, thank god its working all time. In your research why this trend now, which all brand does this? I was planning to change my bed room non inverter ac because of inconsistent cooling.

So, now I'm on the lookout for a 1.5 ton AC for my 150 sqft HT room. After adding 4K projector to my HT room, in this summer room is really running hot. My HT room is on the second floor and no floors beyond that. Naveen, after a considerable period of time, how is your experience with LG dual Inverter AC. Would love to hear from you a long time review. There are very few posts regarding AC for HT on this forum. All... please stay home as much as possible and stay safe.
It’s economical and decent. It doesn’t throw air below the Indoor unit as the swing doesn’t move fully down like other ac’s is another draw back apart from drop in temperature at times
Thanks for pointing it out, if inverter ac is turning off compressor then ac is useless in my opionion. I blindly bought 1.5 ton samsung inverter ac one year ago for my HT room, thank god its working all time. In your research why this trend now, which all brand does this? I was planning to change my bed room non inverter ac because of inconsistent cooling.
I don’t know why in LG it’s like this. For HT use LG is good. It cools well and the compressor cut off happens at times mostly after 2 or 3 hours. So for full night use it gets uncomfortable but for HT room good enough

Go for daikin or mitsibushi. You won’t have any cooling issues.

Check noise level ratings as it will be in the HT room. Presently Daikin is being made in India and is of no more the old quality.
I have LG, Samsung and Voltas ACs in my house. Both in published ratings as well as real life Samsung is most silent. Cooling wise all are good.

I got Mitsubishi Electric 2.2 for the living room. Have Whirlpool, haier and carrier in bedrooms. Panasonic and whirlpool in another apartment.

Nothing comes even close to the cooling factor and quietness of ME. Compared to that whirlpool is like an air cooler. Carrier is better but ME is just in another league. Haven’t tried Panasonic yet.

ME has a quiet mode that is quieter than the Atomberg ceiling fan on lowest speed. Absolutely perfect for listening sessions. Even in silent mode ME cools pretty quick.

Another thing is that I don’t even notice when the compressor turns off with ME. The cooling is very consistent throughout the night, unlike the Whirlpool, with which it gets uncomfortable multiple times.

I have experience with Daikin, Samsung, Voltas and LG too. Not even Daikin is that quiet.

Last edited:
I got Mitsubishi Electric 2.2 for the living room. Have Whirlpool, haier and carrier in bedrooms. Panasonic and whirlpool in another apartment.

Nothing comes even close to the cooling factor and quietness of ME. Compared to that whirlpool is like an air cooler. Carrier is better but ME is just in another league. Haven’t tried Panasonic yet.

ME has a quiet mode that is quieter than the Atomberg ceiling fan on lowest speed. Absolutely perfect for listening sessions. Even in silent mode ME cools pretty quick.

Another thing is that I don’t even notice when the compressor turns off with ME. The cooling is very consistent throughout the night, unlike the Whirlpool, with which it gets uncomfortable multiple times.

I have experience with Daikin, Samsung, Voltas and LG too. Not even Daikin is that quiet.
Daikin noise rating is 26 dB where as ME is rated at 18db for 1Ton. Lg 1Ton is rated at 21 and quiet enough for a HT room. Cooling also is good and is much economical compared to ME but ME, MI is best and expensive

Daikin noise rating is 26 dB where as ME is rated at 18db for 1Ton. Lg 1Ton is rated at 21 and quiet enough for a HT room. Cooling also is good and is much economical compared to ME but ME, MI is best and expensive
Yes, It’s expensive. But I feel it’s worth it if budget allows. Based on my experience for larger spaces nothing comes close to ME.

Btw at one of my cousins place LG has reliability issues, they leaked many times and left marks on the walls etc etc. All 4 of em! So I have a very low opinion of LG. This was about 4-5yrs ago though.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back