Help in Buying Best 50-51 inch Plasma TV

gurgopal

Hello dear friends,
Which will be the best 50-51 inch Plasma Tv in the price range of Rs 65k to 75k from the Picture Quality and durability point of view? I am not keen on extra frills like internet streaming, USB port which can play mkv. mpg, avi files etc since I already have Seagate Free Agent Theatre + HD Media Player and Onkyo SR 608 Home Theatre 7.1 Channel with Elac Speakers. I want to buy a good plasma full HD Tv. An early reply with analysis (pros and cons) shall be highly appreciated

not much options rightnow, panasonic hasnot launched this year models yet,last yer's 50v20 is around 100,000. 50u20 may be available and in your budget

No info about lg2k11 plasma launch as well

samsung launched 51d550 and there is thread in this forum,it is 3d and avl in your budget. this may be only option if you are buying rightnow

Well,

With samsung 2011 plasma there are 2 risks:
1. noticeable buzz when you switch to 3D or 2D->3D
- It seems it happens in 1 out of 100 samsung plasmas, in that case samsung expects customer to exchange that TV with a new one. Some sales rep in US told this to his customer. I read it in some other forum.
- Make sure that when you buy from any shop, you have a exchange offer from that shop. Do not ask for a repair. Ask for a new piece.

2. I've read Samsung plasma TV internal crack issues. In this scenario, the TV is simply lost, samsung wont repair it saying physical damage.
- Google on this one, u'll find a lot of samsung plasma internal crack issues.

OR

wait for Panny 2011 plasmas, may be 50ST30 will fit into your budget.

Last edited:
I want to Refresh this Thread for 2012 end scenario. Which options are there for Plasma TV in market for 51 inch and more.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back