• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Help: Looking for blank Metal (TYPE IV) audio tapes in Delhi

Wharfedale EVO4.1 Bookshelf Speakers

shaizada

Body lives in California but the heart resides in
Hey Folks,

I just found this forum and an very happy to join in on the party here :)

I'm visiting India and am specifically looking for blank metal tapes to record on that I can purchase in Delhi. I have a Nakamichi Dragon and a RX-505 that I am using.

If you have a source in or around Delhi, please let me know.

Thanks!!

~Gaurav

venkatcr

Hey Folks,

I just found this forum and an very happy to join in on the party here :) I'm visiting India and am specifically looking for blank metal tapes to record on that I can purchase in Delhi. I have a Nakamichi Dragon and a RX-505 that I am using. If you have a source in or around Delhi, please let me know.

Gaurav

Wecome to HiFi Vision Gaurav. I am curious. Why can you got to a Frys or a Good Guys and buy the tapes? They will most probably be cheaper and more easily available.

Cheers

saikat

Hmm. Interesting co-incidence.. :D Am looking for Type IV metal tapes myself. Any known locations in Bangalore or Kolkata?

-Saikat.

shaizada

Body lives in California but the heart resides in
Hey there,

thanks for replying. Actually, there are no more metal tapes that are sold through those stores anymore. I can find the normal (type I) tapes everywhere but even chrome tapes are very hard to find...metal tapes are impossible. I was told there is a shop in Hollywood that still stocks on the stuff, but I didn't get a chance to visit them before my flight out here.

I figured I'll pick some up for cheap out here somewhere.

I'm thinking Palika Bazaar in conaught place is worth a shot. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

persiflage

Try eBay India as well. I remember seeing some NOS metal tapes there a couple of months ago.

Persiflage

neo

I may have a few (abt 10-15) blank crome & metal tapes. But they may be lying at my res in Surat.If your are intrested i'll check & confirm.

saikat

Thanks neo.

Yes. I would be interested. Do let me know the details when you can.

-Saikat