Help me choose some floor standers

utkarsh

Hi all,

I'm currently running a month old MS Aviano 2,5 on Marantz 5005.

As suggested by Gurus i have to buy Floorstanders for punch and thump.

My primary focus is music rather than movies but it would be nice if they dealt with movies reasonably well.
I will have no chance of any demo so i have to buy what you suggest.

Now couple questions for Gurus.
1. What Floorstanders will you suggest that will produce good bass.
2. Should i sell my Aviano 2 as I'll be buying Floorstanders.

I have a budget < 45k.

Energy towers produce deep tight Bass & can go well with marantz.When I heard Energy RB series @ FM's house,we felt no need of subwoofer.

Energy towers produce deep tight Bass & can go well with marantz.When I heard Energy RB series @ FM's house,we felt no need of subwoofer.

I can't find RB series on Energy website could you please mention the model number. Any thoughts about Aviano 6, Boston Acoustics A360.

I can't find RB series on Energy website could you please mention the model number. Any thoughts about Aviano 6, Boston Acoustics A360.
Hi utkarsh
Aviano 6 is a 'very good value for money speaker' for your price range. You may audition Aviano 6 with your gear at Kolkata. However, if you like the sound signature of Aviano 2, you are bound to like Aviano 6.
You can use the Aviano 2s as your rear surround. Hope this helps.
sdg

Utkarsh- Though I m no audiophile, but would like to suggest you try Elac 58.2. Its a very clean bass but not boomy. It boom is wht you like, bookshelves with sub could be a good idea since you have a control over the lows much more ..with some adjustment.

Have been auditioning Floor standers for a month now and the floor standers in the budget range are not too boomy normally. Yes found Energy gives wider bass (but to muddy for my taste) ..so try it out with your own ear and see if u like it.

Since you are already on the Aviano Package.. go for Aviano 6..packed with Punch !!! Dont sell your Aviano 2... instead use them as Surrounds... later they can be used as very good bookshelf s for stereo too..

since you have BS, why not take then to a dealer's place and try out with different amps. You may find some improvement over your 5005.
I heard to PSB bookshelves with NAD amp and I loved their bass for music, very tight and punchy.

i have to buy Floorstanders for punch and thump.

My primary focus is music rather than movies but it would be nice if they dealt with movies reasonably well.
I will have no chance of any demo so i have to buy what you suggest.

Now couple questions for Gurus.
1. What Floorstanders will you suggest that will produce good bass.

I have a budget < 45k.

If you are a bit of a risk-taker like me ..... then ....

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/25562-evening-spent-tweaking-avidyarthys-atl-speakers.html

I did go to the 'maker's' place and heard them out ... absolutely mind-blowing stuff. If bass and clarity is what you are after, then you also need'nt bother to go for a separate sub-woofer with these.

Am currently waiting out to receive them at my place ... awaiting the speakers to get furnished (polished) before dispatch ... :)

I live in a remote place and can't find any dealer near by. I have taken the risk of buying Marantz 5005 and speakers without listening. Now buying FS without Audition will again be a mistake. I'll plan a trip to Mumbai next month for getting Floorstanders. Meanwhile I will wait for Aviano 2 performance after break-in period of 200hours is over. I have heard Aviano 2 playing on some Sonodyne Amp and I could here the punch from the speakers.
As suggested by Blasto If I buy a Amp < 25k it should increase the bass from Aviano 2.

@ Yahoo0212 I think my wife will allow me to keep either BS or FS and FS will be the good choice as I don't have to spend on Stands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
I would suggest Paradigm Monitor 9 floorstanders. Awesome highs and mids, much better than aviano 6, although aviano 6 has a bit of an edge when you consider just bass. If music is your thing, this is it! And it pairs very well with Marantz, so you don't have to change your amp.

If i don't sell Aviano 2 and add PSB T5 to setup whether Marantz SR 5005 will be able to drive T5 and Aviano2. I will not buy Amp atleast this year.

If i don't sell Aviano 2 and add PSB T5 to setup whether Marantz SR 5005 will be able to drive T5 and Aviano2. I will not buy Amp atleast this year.

Hey Utkarsh,

Since you are in lookout for bass thump, I would sell the Aviano 2 and buy the T6 instead of T5 if I were you.

Have no idea of the SR 5005, but >100w/ch NAD amps pop up for sale around here for ~25k. If you wait and are on a lookout for, you will get one.

I don't think your SR 5005 will be have the juice for T5. It will be able to drive them at low volumes but may clip at higher volumes.

Thanks everyone for helping me out after speaker auditions I have finally ordered PSB Image T5 and NAD C356BEE MDC DAC.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back