Help me choose some floor standers

To use Nad C356Bee as power amp Jumpers shown below has to be removed and preouts from AVR goes in amp Main In.
imag0300s.jpg

imag0301ls.jpg

During Stereo listening I also use Preout1 from amp as a Subwoofer out to get lower FQ < 50Hz.

imag0305d.jpg

I have read in other forums that replacing OEM jumpers with Audio Quest Jumpers can increase SQ.

While watching beginning of movie LOCKOUT -DTS Blueray Rip (face punch sequence) I came to know how bad speaker can sound if settings in AVR is not correct.
Note : I was using NAD as Power amp.
Audyssey Dynamic EQ ON
Face Punch was sounding muddy, open and less clear like there was only FQ < 50 Hz.

Audyssey Dynamic EQ Off
I can clearly hear tight crispy aggressive weighty Punch.

utk,

why dont u run the C356 as an integrated ? why do you need to run this as a power amp at all ?

Just feed the AVR FRONT pre outs to the Aux in of the NAD ( when you want to watch movie.. select AUX ) and when you want to listen to stereo just connect your source to the NAD direct and select the appropriate button ( maybe CD ).

mpw

Isn't it very cumborsome physically to reach to the back of the amp and change connections each time you toggle between movie and stereo music?(unless, like me, you watch 1 movie in a fortnight)

Yes it is sometimes but it only take few seconds. But pulling SW/Out from AVR and inserting in amp Preout is cumbersome.
I guess one more Subwoofer Cable will solve the purpose.

I have experimented one more thing which failed to avoid these changeover of connections.
Media Player - > HDMI out in AVR in.
AVR - > AVR HDMI out to TV.
Media Player - > Optical Cable out in Amp in.
Amp Mode -> MDC/DAC
SW was connected to AVR.
I have kept Amp Jumpers on so not using it as power amp.

What i was thinking that amp will get sound from optical cable of Media player and will power two front speakers and AVR will get sound/video from Media Player so that SW and surrond speakers will be powered by AVR.

But the final result was i was getting sound from speakers connected to AVR . When I was switched off the AVR then sound was coming from speakers connected to AMP.

utk,

why dont u run the C356 as an integrated ? why do you need to run this as a power amp at all ?

Just feed the AVR FRONT pre outs to the Aux in of the NAD ( when you want to watch movie.. select AUX ) and when you want to listen to stereo just connect your source to the NAD direct and select the appropriate button ( maybe CD ).

mpw

I will try this today.

when u play movie thru avr front pre out to nad to 2 fronts.. pls turn up the volume on nad ( to full.. stegewise ). In movie mode (select aux on nad ) avr will control front volume. Use the avr as you would do normally.

Obviously in stereo mode..nad will ontrol T5's.

So be conscious of the volume potentiometer on Nad wrt which input u select on the nad ( ie CD or AUX )

mpw

when u play movie thru avr front pre out to nad to 2 fronts.. pls turn up the volume on nad ( to full.. stegewise ).
mpw

Thanks now i have connected AVR Preouts to Amp auxiliary IN but i have keep volume knob to full on amp to get good sound effects.

yes - since the AVR is in charge of the volume now. Therefore the NAD amp pot to be turned up to reduce resistance.

just be conscious of ths when you switch from AUX to CD and vice versa.

no more pain of removing the jumpers.

mpw

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back