help me decide a subwoofer in ~25K range

X man

I am looking for subwoofer to complete my 5.1 in 25-28K range - Options I am considering Velodyne CHT10 or Impact10, Klipsch 350 , Wharfedale SW or SPC10. Please help

SONODYNE SLF 210V2(STUDIO series), Rs25500.Can get a 15% discount on it at present in Kolkata.
Will beat your phoren choices anyday.At least give yourself an audition.

Last edited:
SONODYNE SLF 210V2(STUDIO series), Rs25500.Can get a 15% discount on it at present.

Sonodyne bangalore said they are not offering any discount on studio series.

There is a DIY peerless sub available with Plate amp..check the DIY section .

If you are into Diying. This should be pretty good as well. and should work out to around 15k
Sub+plateamp+cab build

SONODYNE SLF 210V2(STUDIO series), Rs25500.Can get a 15% discount on it at present in Kolkata.
The guys at sonodyne stores think they are doing us a favour .. the mani square shop sucks and they only know the price it seems.. as long as the sondyne guys dont set up a good audition room .. everytime i have listened to them, the experience has left me underwhelmed..

Also seen good reviews of Wharfedale SW150 also in the same range. Is Velo/Klipsch better?

Thanks all. How does auto power on off influence choice of subwoofers. Is there an advantage/ disadvantage due to this.

Thanks all. How does auto power on off influence choice of subwoofers. Is there an advantage/ disadvantage due to this.

Yes
Advantage of Auto Power On / Off
:: When the sub does not receive any signal from the Amp. It shuts off automatically after a couple of minutes. Thus saving electricity as well as it is god damn convenient.
It starts up the same way as well . As soon as it gets a signal .

The disadvantage of not having it is you will have to manually power it on and power it off. "" Not really good for couch potatoes like like ""

However this should not be a deciding factor.
With AV gear. The overall build quality and how it sounds should be the main criteria, Convenience should be second "" After all it helps us retain our couch potato status as well as helps us retain our pot belly "

Cheers

Last edited:
Klipsch has quality issues as per feedback inthis forum. So narrowing on Impact. IS PSB any good for subs? The other option remains Wharfedale

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back