Help me to build my new HT at 1 lakh

Rakesh123

Dear all,
I am completely new this forum and i have been following this forum since 1 year,this was one of the best audio forums i came across.Hope so you all will help me out in sorting out my HT.

Initially almost two years ago firmly decided to upgrade my basic LG HTIB,and with a budget of 50k and after visiting many forums,showrooms realized that my budget is not sufficient to grab a decent package and postponed for a while to upgrade later.
Recently i started my auditions and research with a budget of 1 L.
I auditioned
1.Denon-1100w with polks tsx440
2.Marantz with wharfadale 155 coupled with 120's
3.Marantz with jamo 626 was ok
4.Denon 1100w with Focal 5.1 sib.
finally the focals sounded the best among all(approx. within my budget).Except the Focal's rest of the were lagging w.r.t the vocals,although tried with same movies not sure if the audio calibration is not proper or any other reason.
My room size is 20*22,will this focal's fill this room size,It is a living hall.I auditioned this in 16*14 room(without acoustics).And also i am planning to add one sub woofer later if required.
Please make your valuable suggestions.Are the above focals good to go?
My requirement is 70%movies and 30%music

More movies & less Music, stick to Book Shelf speakers and add two subs for a great movie experience....

Totally agree. Save from FS speaker and invest in good sub. I am using SVS sub and this is really good. Spend max 15K for a pair of Book Shelf speakers.

Can you suggest any best packages not to miss for an audition before selecting,And also thinking of Tanoy Vi series.
Please do make your valuable suggestions.Please specify the technical specifications/ranges req. to look at if any.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back