Help me to buy Popcorn Hour C200

maddy_in65

I am currently looking for HD media player and zeroed on Popcorn hour C200 after reading good reviews on Cnet, expertreveiws.co.uk and here. This is above my budget but due to very good reviews and as this player is future proof, i have decided to go for it. It has options like blue ray along with HDD which is tempting me and of course ability to play 3D content. I have checked ebay and it is not available locally, so decided to order from company site. But 80$ for shipment is i think too much. Is there any way to get it cheaper here.
I have also check Ac ryan Play on HD2 and fluxx, are they good performer in comparison with C200. Please help me to get my media player.

Last edited:
@ maddy_in65

I was also in same situation like yours i thought of buying Popcorn hour and then learnt that even Dune players are good... but ended up deciding to build an HTPC :) below given is the link to my thread.

I think you should consider Dune as well and based on your requirement which ever seems better you can go for that. ( but for Dune you need to have a US shipping and payment address else you cant buy and in India you can buy but price will be comparatively higher)

For Popcorn hour the only way to buy is from their official US website, and the only way to avoid shipping charges of 80$ will be to have some one carry it with him / herself form US ... so just incase if any of your friend of relative is ready to bring it then you can save those 80$.

http://www.hifivision.com/media-streaming-players/16260-popcorn-hour-210-wd-tv-live-plus.html

Regards,
Naren

Thanks naren, i also considered HTPC as popcorn price goes to around INR 27K. can you please tell me any link for slim HTPC

I got a quote for Dune Base 3.0 - 23K delhi around 15 days ago but ended up buying PlayOn HD from Aqtronics for 9K.

Thanks naren, i also considered HTPC as popcorn price goes to around INR 27K. can you please tell me any link for slim HTPC

As said zotac,but if you need better one then get CPU with lower heatsink(say Intel E7500)with micro ATX MB.Get a slim HD card(like HD5570)& a slick cabinate with SMPS like-
Buy Sliver Stone | Silver Stone LC 10BE 00020 HTPC cabinet
costly-http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=2095&category_id=52&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

Boxy-http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1499&category_id=113&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

Hi Maddy,

I had a spare PC so i just had to spend on the Graphics card (bought from US for 3K ) 600 watts SMPS ( for 2.5K from Mumbai) and a 10 feet HDMI cable ( for around 850 Rs from US). I already provided the link for my thread earlier but i am pasting it again here :

http://www.hifivision.com/media-streaming-players/16260-popcorn-hour-210-wd-tv-live-plus.html

Also I learnt that If you have a good graphics card and you are building your HTPC then it is supposed to give better Video quality and additionall since your AVR would be HD audio compatible ( you can check the user manual to know what all sound formats it can proces / play) then you should be able to play all those HD audio formats that your AVR is capable of understanding ( which is not the case for Multimedia players they would usually play lesser HD formats that too only select media players)

Do you already have a PC that you want to convert to HTPC or you want to buy / build a fresh one?

Regards,
Naren

I dont have spare PC and require fresh install HTPC but i already own yamaha HT. So just require media player to play content. Now good HTPC also goes around 20K. I have seen ac ryan HD2 but i need good player with good sound output. Can somebody please tell me how good are Playon HD2 player and if i go for popcorn hour C200, is there any warranty in india.

You can wait for Xtreamer Ultra or Playon Fluxx media players (htpc based). They should be releasing sometime in may.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back