Help me to get Good 5.1 Speaker Package for around Rs 45k

KBS

Good 5.1 Speaker Package for around Rs 45k

Hi,

Please help me in getting good 5.1 Speakers package for around Rs 45k.

I am considering following option. Please rate them. And suggest if you some more with pricing details.

Jamo S506 Package + Jamo Sub 200
Jamo S606 Package + Jamo Sub 200 (Adding Later due to budget constraint)

Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series. ( Which models I can buy within my Budget? Please remember I need 5.1 Set)

How about the following Brands

ProFX Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

Dynavoice http://www.dynavoice-av.com/

Proson http://www.proson-av.com/

Qln AB http://www.qln.se/

Please comment on my choices. Also please let me know pricing info of the above.

Thanks in Advance
KBS

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

I am still waiting for your words on these speakers.
Please pour in your comments.

Regards,
KBS

You can also consider QAcoustics also for this budget.

What AVR are you going to pair the speakers with?

In Wharfies, you can go for 9.2/10.2 pair for fronts, a center, DFS pair for surrounds and 150 sub. This might go slightly above your budget, but you might be able to negotiate as a package.

Hi KBS,

I have not heard the speakers which you have mentioned. Not sure whether you are interested in bookshelves; I have Q-Acoustics 1010i bookshelf speakers (5 of them) for my home theater (room size 10*12 feet). I went ahead with them after listening to Kef (don't remember the exact model, but price was 90K), Mordaunt Short 902i package, Diamond Wharfedale 9.1 package and a couple of more I don't remember now.

I found Q-Acoustics speakers to be excellent value for money. For me, they had non-fatiguing sound, good mid-range. I did not get the Q-Acoustics sub though, which I thought was slight boomy. I added Velodyne CHT-8Q later.

I was able to get the Q-acoustics 1010i speakers for 30K (including 5 mounting brackets, 30 mts basic QED speaker cable AWG-14 and five banana plugs). If you don't need mounting brackets, you should be able get them for about 27-28K (well I got three brackets free with the package). You can talk to Sanjay (Mob: 9845041164) for Q-Acoustics speakers. He is very nice person and should be able to help you out.

I spent 28K for the Velodyne sub. You can talk to Abhishek from Audio Dynamics (Mob: 9845881387). As usual, he is extremely helpful dealer and should be able to suggest you according to you room size.

KBS,

I would lean towards the Q-A as a ready made package. If you want a more musical speaker set, try assembling one made up of 4xPSB Alpha B1s, matching centre and the sub. Slightly larger than the Q-As, the Alphas have been praised repeatedly for their musicality and capacity to create a sound stage that is large for it's size.

Another option would be, as mentioned above, the Wharfedales. I would skip the rest you have mentioned. These three (Q-A, PSB, Wharfedales) would be far ahead of the rest.

Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks to Venkat, Junky and Kumar. Thanks a lot.

I would definitely consider Q-Acoustics. Are they better than Jamo S606 HSC5 Package ( 2 X S606 Floor Standards + S 60 CEN Center + 2 X S602 Surround + SUB 200 ). The offer price is around 45k (inc. Tax) . Is it worth deal? How about the performance of this package with Onkyo TX-SR606?

Also I am getting an offer for Onkyo TX-SR606 at 31k. How is this deal? What is your opinion on Onkyo TX-SR606?

How these combination perform?

Please help me in understanding this.

Regards,
KBS

Thanks to Venkat, Junky and Kumar. Thanks a lot.

I would definitely consider Q-Acoustics. Are they better than Jamo S606 HSC5 Package ( 2 X S606 Floor Standards + S 60 CEN Center + 2 X S602 Surround + SUB 200 ). The offer price is around 45k (inc. Tax) . Is it worth deal? How about the performance of this package with Onkyo TX-SR606?

Also I am getting an offer for Onkyo TX-SR606 at 31k. How is this deal? What is your opinion on Onkyo TX-SR606?

How these combination perform?

Please help me in understanding this.

Regards,
KBS

I recently purchased the Jamo S606 HSC3 + sub 200 package & have paired it with Marantz Sr 4003...the sound quality is good. I mainly use it for music....And regarding woofer "sub 200" its OK!! not that great. I would recommend you to purchase Wharfedale sub or some other brand.

I wish I could replace my woofer!!!::confused:

Any one interested :D lolz

Last edited:
I recently purchased the Jamo S606 HSC3 + sub 200 package & have paired it with Marantz Sr 4003...the sound quality is good. I mainly use it for music....And regarding woofer "sub 200" its OK!! not that great. I would recommend you to purchase Wharfedale sub or some other brand.

I wish I could replace my woofer!!!::confused:

Any one interested :D lolz

How much did it cost for amo S606 HSC3 + sub 200 package?

you can also think of wharfedale vardus range, hopefully the package will be in ur budget even with floor standers as front.

You can go for Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series for 45K

(9.1 + 9CS + 9DFS + SW150). This is very good, better than most sub/sat packages.

If you want Floorstanders, then the below mentioned Vardus is good.

you can also think of wharfedale vardus range, hopefully the package will be in ur budget even with floor standers as front.

Back