Help me with AV set-up in Kolkata

mojoshtudd

Brand new member with limited AV knowledge. Hi :)

My mom runs a small music school in Kolkata and I want to do a mini studio set-up on our terrace. We also host frequent in-home programs and would like a home speaker wiring done.

Here are the elements I need:

1. 4-5 microphones
2. 4-5 speakers wired around the house: 2 on the terrace and others in lower floors. Speakers need to feed about 400 sq ft of area on each floor.
3. A video camera set up that has line in from the microphones (for Youtube purposes) - I already have the camera.

Are there dealers in Kolkata who can help set up the whole system and cable the house up?

I am looking for suggestions on what equipment I should look for. I assume I need a mixer of sorts for the mics. What's an entry level option for that?

Is a budget of ~Rs 40k unreasonable for this project? This doesn't have to be recording studio quality.

Any help is truly appreciated as I dig down this new area for me.

I think what you are looking for is a more of a Public Address type of system with 4 to 5 microphones and may be playing music on all floors (not sure whether same or different musics like in case of different classes).

Nevertheless although I do not have much knowledge on these type of setup and costs but still read that Ahuja is one reknowned company in this area Ahuja Sound Solutions

Apart from that check this link of some kolkata based dealers in hi fi audio http://www.hifivision.com/authorised-dealers/4268-avr-speaker-dealers-showroom-kolkata.html

Digital Acoustics (dealing in JBL and HArmon Kardon systems) and Sonodyne may be of greater help to you but you should check all the places, not very far apart.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back