Help Needed for adding super tweeter to Boston Accoustics A360 speaker system

anilpatel

Hi all,

I have Boston Accoustics A360 driven by Marantz SR7011.
The tweeter of the speaker is not par with mid and bass of the speaker.

Please suggest me how to add super tweeter in the system.

While Greenhorn's response may appear to be lateral thinking, he has made an Important point.,

I believe that most beginner's setups lack treble not because of poor performance of the Amp and / or speakers, but because of poor source material.

What are you using for your source ? A DAC + Music files ? Try listening to a few better quality music files or better source hardware (ie DAC or CD Player) and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Another tip, position your speakers so that the Tweeters are directed at your ears when you are properly seated at the listening position.

If installing a Super Tweeter is your primary objective, you will need to identify the Super Tweeter and source it.

Its crossover will have to be designed (can be a simple series capacitor) keeping in mind the impedance of your super tweeter & Boston Acoustics A360, as well as the Crossover frequency... Could use different capacitors for different Crossover frequencies where the super tweeter will kick in.

Do keep in mind that Super tweeters operate ONLY at the Extreme High Frequencies... eg. above 8 KHz.

(I suspect that your expectations are extra trebbble that would require an extra tweeter, rather than a super tweeter)

Back