Help needed - Replacement Cart.

reynoldmaben

Dear Friends,

I own a Sansui P900 TT which I purchased from a forum member. This TT came with a Audio Technika T4P cart (p-mount cart). While I was dusting the TT one day I happen to damage the needle and athe needle fell off the stylus. Upon checking with an expert, was given to understand that the needle can be stuck with a rubber based adshesive back to its place and it really worked well. Until one day I realsied that only one speaker was working and the other was very feable to hear.

I gave the TT to a friend of mine who is familiar with TT operations, when he checked he figured out that there was one part that was broken inside the cart due to which only one speaker was working and the stylus was fine.

So I purchased another cart Shure M92E (which is also a p- mount cart) to replace the Audio Technika T4P cart. Can anyone tell me if this would be as easy as just plug in and play or do i need to take anything else into consideration.

Appreciate you replies.

Reynold

If your new cart is a T4P yuou should have to do nothing , except adjust your tracking force according to what's recommended for the new cart (you'll find this in the spec/instruction sheet that came along with the cart, or can easily look it up online.

I recently replaced the Audio Technica T4P cart on my Technics with an Ortofon OMP-10, and it was a 2-minute job.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back