HELP!!! no optical input Sony DAV-DZ340K

kyahaiyaar

hey friends,

i got the trouble again...i have sony Dav-dz340k n thought that it has Optical in so i bought belken optical wire to connect it to my xbox 360 but there is no optical in in my HT ....NOW what should i do to get 5.1 output ...plzz help friends...i already wasted 1k on that wire :(

Which other inputs the HT has? If it has coaxial input then you can buy an optical to coaxial converter. Please search ebay.in for listings.

hey friends,

i got the trouble again...i have sony Dav-dz340k n thought that it has Optical in so i bought belken optical wire to connect it to my xbox 360 but there is no optical in in my HT ....NOW what should i do to get 5.1 output ...plzz help friends...i already wasted 1k on that wire :(

If your HTIB does not support 5.1 analog in(I think that is the case), you are out of luck.
You will have to use the 2-channel Audio In port in the front panel of your HTIB. I have a similar Sony HTIB and regret from not buying a model with optical-in :(

The HTIB however can synthesize 5.1 from 2-channel input using various Dolby/DTS processors. Though this will not be as original.

If your HTIB does not support 5.1 analog in(I think that is the case), you are out of luck.
You will have to use the 2-channel Audio In port in the front panel of your HTIB. I have a similar Sony HTIB and regret from not buying a model with optical-in :(

The HTIB however can synthesize 5.1 from 2-channel input using various Dolby/DTS processors. Though this will not be as original.

yea...exactly :(...it is redering virtual 5.1 ...so that mean i cant do any thing

it has audio L/R and hdmi out only :(

yea...exactly :(...it is redering virtual 5.1 ...so that mean i cant do any thing

it has audio L/R and hdmi out only :(

Nothing much can be done with Sony HT as they do not believe in providing input. Go for an exchange with Onkyo.

Like every other Indian Sony customer I too got fooled by DAV DZ series. I owned a DAV DZ 750 K. After joining in this forum i realized my mistake and decided to scrap so called HTIB from Sony.

I bought DAV DZ750K for 27K and after discarding it bought Onkyo 3300 for 22K.

Nothing much can be done with Sony HT as they do not believe in providing input. Go for an exchange with Onkyo.

Like every other Indian Sony customer I too got fooled by DAV DZ series. I owned a DAV DZ 750 K. After joining in this forum i realized my mistake and decided to scrap so called HTIB from Sony.

I bought DAV DZ750K for 27K and after discarding it bought Onkyo 3300 for 22K.

I bought dav dz340k for 10k only from dubai ;)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back