Help Regarding 1 TB hard disk

DarkSideOfWhite

hello,
I have Philips dvd player model no. Philips DVP 3256
here is the link :

Philips - DVD player with USB DivX playback - DVP3256/94 - DVD Players - Blu-ray and DVD - Sound and vision

Now My Querry is

1 ..> I am planning to buy 1 TB External Hard Disk. I search allot on web that "Do external harddisk will work on philips DVP-3256" ?

I got a mix answer.Upto now i believe that there are lot of s/w available on net that can format 1 TB harddisk to fat32 format becouse fat32 only file system that can read by dvd player.

so my question is should i buy external harddisk for my dvd player.

i search allot on web at the end i need a help from guys of hifivision family becouse i trust on you guys allot thank you......

God bless Hifivision.....

a powered hard disk formatted with fat32 should work fine with a dvd player supporting usb. there might be a restriction on the number of files that can be supported etc. check your user manual.

Most probably, you can only use it to see dvd, divx files and photos, mkv or hidef files wont play.

Hi,

There are limitations according to the models and brands, for ex, PS3 cannot recognise more than 32 gb and LG DV 388 and other models recognize only a number of files or 250 gb.

So, it depends, but for sure it would not recognize 1 TB.

Cheers!

Hi,

There are limitations according to the models and brands, for ex, PS3 cannot recognise more than 32 gb and LG DV 388 and other models recognize only a number of files or 250 gb.

So, it depends, but for sure it would not recognize 1 TB.

Cheers!

Venkatesh - PS3 can read more than 32 GB (I've a 1TB HDD connected) only problem would Windows can't format that big drive in FAT32. You should download something Fat32format or Swissknife to achieve formatting the harddisc, Whether the Philips player will read it is a different question.

@OP - Why don't you borrow from any of your friend and test it before Purchasing it?

Venkatesh - PS3 can read more than 32 GB (I've a 1TB HDD connected) only problem would Windows can't format that big drive in FAT32. You should download something Fat32format or Swissknife to achieve formatting the harddisc, Whether the Philips player will read it is a different question.

@OP - Why don't you borrow from any of your friend and test it before Purchasing it?

Hi,

Sorry for not being specific! Are we not talking about external HDD? PS3 cannot support 1.5 gb internally, but externally cannot recognize more than 32gb because of FAT32, we have personally tested it in Srinisundar's place.

Also, the file system used in PS3 is linux-based and not fat32.

Cheers!

Hi,

Sorry for not being specific! Are we not talking about external HDD? PS3 cannot support 1.5 gb internally, but externally cannot recognize more than 32gb because of FAT32, we have personally tested it in Srinisundar's place.

Also, the file system used in PS3 is linux-based and not fat32.

Cheers!

External HDD PS3 can read 1TB - If it's formatted in FAT 32 format. I've one hooked up now.

Internal HDD can read upto 500 GB as far as I'm aware - And yes it's a linux variant, that's why we should allow PS3 to do it's formatting.

External HDD PS3 can read 1TB - If it's formatted in FAT 32 format. I've one hooked up now.

Internal HDD can read upto 500 GB as far as I'm aware - And yes it's a linux variant, that's why we should allow PS3 to do it's formatting.

Hi,

oh, thanks for clarifying that. how do you find the performance while playing movies from the external HDD?

Cheers!

Hi,

oh, thanks for clarifying that. how do you find the performance while playing movies from the external HDD?

Cheers!

I find it quite smooth, Only niggle being you'll have to split the files into files with 4GB chunks in AVCHD format.

BTW - What happened to our shipment?

Hi,

I am really sorry, was having my exams over the past 2 weeks. Exams were in a small town called Puttur, AP, so did not have any to order.

Sent you a pm on that.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am really sorry, was having my exams over the past 2 weeks. Exams were in a small town called Puttur, AP, so did not have any to order.

Sent you a pm on that.

Thanks,

Do share with us what you are about to order through Kuruvi:licklips:.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back