Help requested on Amp choices

Anand A

I’m in the pursuit for a used integrated amp. I have a Dac and a streamer, so essentially what I need is a preamp and power amp combo with tone controls. Budget is under 25k. I have a marantz 6006 and 7001 offered to me within this range. Which of this would be right for my requirement? What would be fair price for these equipment today.

I have a 15*24 wide room (living dining combined with no divider) and the unit will be placed to one side of the living area. I currently have a pair of tannoy 633 floor standers. My music taste is mostly indie Indian, new Malayalam and bit of jazz and country and usually listen to them at night, so the volume levels can’t be too high.

For your speaker any of the said amplifier work well. But the quality of the components and design of the amplifier will be better when go up to the series with in the same brand. Even the power rating also high here. So it will be definitely better to pick 7001 than 6006 provided both the amps are in good condition.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back