help required for upgrading HTPC

piyush608

All the HTPC gurus please help me upgrading my current HTPC for playing all the latest PC games along with 3D games too .(on DLP link PJ)
my current config:
motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3H(m ATX)
processor : intel core I3 [email protected]
GPU : MSI N210 series(512MB DDR3 and 1G)
RAM : 4GB DDR3
hard disk : 1TB
cabinate : odyssey(want to go for horizontal orientation with remote too)
also above config is not able to play DTS HD-MA format too i want to incorporate that as well
will there be any significant improvement of 720p movie playback also(my PJ is 720P)?

All you need to upgrade is the GPU for games and for DTS-MA bitstreaming. Rest config is ok, or maybe add another 4GB stick thats all ...... Go with something like NVIDIA GTX660, for around 12-13K not very expensive and will play all current gen games in 720p.

Try the Gt630. IT will work fine for HTPC requirements. This will come at 4600 INR.

Check the specs and the possible games it appears to play on the internet. I could see games like CoD and all supported, but I am not a games so have no clue on the games that are GPU intensive.

GT630 will not serve the purpose for gaming entirly, when I say gaming I presume its the current gen games like COD Black ops II and III, GTV V, Battlefield 4 etc. GT630 will play them but with all graphics set to lowest and resolution 1080x720, even then it will give barely enough frame rate to actually enjoy .......

GTX660 is the lowest possible card that a decent gamer should get. But anyway how about ZOTAC NVIDIA GT 740 2GB this will also play all current gen games albeit medium setting, for few games even high would work. This card should be around 8K. Would not recommend anything less than this for a Gamer

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back