Help required in choosing subwoofer

triumph

Guys m using Denon Avr x1000 with Polk tsx 440 front towers. Polk tsx 250c centre and Polk Fxi A4 dipole surrounds. My room size is 16 * 12 .

Is denon x1000 enough to run these set of speakers ?
Which subwoofer should I choose ? What power ? Which make would be the ideal pick ??

Guys pls help

Hi

Everyone has their personal choices on how loud they would like to watch movies or hear music...that also depends on if it is required to be bassy or not...

I guess the X1000 would be good enough for the speakers....incase you would still want it louder...then go for the next model....

In terms of subwoofers there are many in the market...depending on the bass frequency the floor standers emit out...you need to choose the appropriate subwoofer to BLEND well with all your speakers for music and movies...

SInce you are based in Bangalore, there are ample dealers where you can go and audition the best sub to fit your budget......in my personal opinion I feel the Boston ASW 650 is good value for money with excellent performance for movies and music...hear it then decide....all the best

Look at velodyne impact 10 and 12. If your budget is higher look at svs, velodyne eqmax .series. If u just want polk then look at psw series below 25k and dsw if more than that. However it need not be that a subwoofer has to bee an the same brand as ur other speakers. Polk subs are good only if you dont want to spend more. Velodynes are really good take an audition and see what is your taste

Thanks for the advice. Guys my biggest doubt is tat my HT is very small 16*12. I am not looking for some ground shaking bass output. Whatever comes out of it should be distorsion free. I mean wen thr is high bass output thr will be some vibrations as well. But at the same time my sub should take the lowest freq as well. More info anyone ....?

Audition elac sub esp 50 if possible. Its a decent sub.Clean and deep bass.Good for movies and great for music. But I don't think it has the room shaking effect.esp protects the sub from over driving. So the output is neat and clean without any distortion.

My budjet is around 35k. My friend's using Polk 550 sub (23 Hz lowest ). He gave a good review. Polk 660 has 20 Hz lowest. Is thr any big diff btw both ? Do I need either of those or is thr better ones @ the same price tag ?

I have a dsw550 pro in my bedroom and it performs great. But, you have make sure about proper placement. Improper placement will make it sound boomy which initially I had issues figuring out.

BIC America F12 / H 100 II is also there if you can get audition. Have very good review and prices are also lesser.

Though i have not heard them personally, just making you aware of options.

I am also considering both of them but unable to get an audition.

Hi Triumph,

Which sub you have settled finally?
I have the same setup as yours and looking for subwoofer options.

Please let us know the review :)

The technical spec for TSx 440:
Configuration : 2-Way
Drivers : 25mm HF, 3x165mm MF/LF
Sensitivity : 91dB
Impedance : 8 ohms
Frequency Response : 33 - 25 kHz
Power Handling : 200W

Can anyone help selecting subwoofer which BLEND well with this configuration?

Thanks
summasumma

I own Bic-f12 and it easily fills my more than 750Sq ft floor while rattling doors and windows on all of other floors.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back