Help - Speakers Under 50k with Sub

Asheel

Hi All,

I plan to buy a 5.1 speakers . I have a Onkyo 616 Receiver , I just need Tower Speakers, Center , Surround and Sub. Could you kindly suggest ?
Also, if anyone are selling their Home Theatre for that Budget, i will be interested . I stay In Bangalore.

Option 1 : Magnat Monitor 1000 5.1 package

Monitor supreme 1000 = 1Pair,
Magnat Monitor Supreme Center 250= 1No.,
Magnat Monitor Supreme 100= 1Pair
Magnat Sub201A=1no.

Option 2 : Jamo S426 HCS3 with Polk Audio PSW 110

Option 3 : Polk Audo 5.1

TSi 300 - Tower
CS 10 - Centre
TSi 100 - Surround
Polk Audio PSW 110

Hi All,

I plan to buy a 5.1 speakers . I have a Onkyo 616 Receiver , I just need Tower Speakers, Center , Surround and Sub. Could you kindly suggest ?
Also, if anyone are selling their Home Theatre for that Budget, i will be interested . I stay In Bangalore.

Magnat Sub201A=1no.

TSi 300 - Tower
CS 10 - Centre
TSi 100 - Surround
Polk Audio PSW 110

Hi Asheel,

Even am in same dilemma with budget 50K. I m thinking to get your option 2.

You can consider Wharfedale Vardus 300 or 400 package also.

Hi All,

Magnat Sub201A=1no.

TSi 300 - Tower
CS 10 - Centre
TSi 100 - Surround
Polk Audio PSW 110

Option 4 : You could consider Sonodyne Sonus range...

elangoas - If im not wrong you own the Sonus range, how would you rate it ? Do i still need a sub ?

It is very good performance for music & Movies.... Am extremely pleased... Pleas demo yourself & then decide...(Tata croma, Brigade Road)

Regarding a sub, it is induvidual preference.... When i listen to stereo, i don't use a sub.. When watching movies,i use them...

yah consider sonodyne as well.
also consider break up buy....i mean a pair of bs and a centre for 50k..and rest later.
quality will be higher

I would not recommend Jamo 426 nor the Polk Tsi 300. They are entry level, i have demoed them and found that there are better speakers.
Either go with Sonodyne 2605 or the Magnats. Most importantly demo both systems for both movies and music and choose what you like. You can demo Magnats at Htstore in JP Nagar or Music Ranch in Jayanagar. I use Magnats in my home theater and find them superlative - couldn't ask for more. I don't listen to music (2 channel stereo) in my HT so cannot comment on that.
Whatever speakers you choose, i strongly recommend you to consider a different subwoofer than the one that comes with the package. A sub is the most important component of a home theater and it must hit hard, otherwise you'll not enjoy movies at all. Again, demo different subs and choose what you like - you can even postpone sub purchase for later.

Audition Polk at PRO-FX, they sound very good for both Music and Movies... they are highly rated too, you can check the individual reviews for each at amazon.com

Thanks all, how about the Sonodyne Sonus 2504 compared to Sonus 2605 ? Yes, the Magnats is a good option, but would cost me 60k . Would have picked it up if i had got it for 50k .

Thanks all, how about the Sonodyne Sonus 2504 compared to Sonus 2605 ? Yes, the Magnats is a good option, but would cost me 60k . Would have picked it up if i had got it for 50k .

Ok Sonus 2504 Vs 2605 is not an ideal compariosn... Sonus 2605 (3- Way Speaker) is a step-up model of Sonus 2504 (2 Way speaker)... my vote is for 2605... I have heard both.. Sonus 2504 for a brief period & Sonus 2605 extensively....

It again depends on your AVR... If it has enough power, you can consider 2605... I think your receiver is Onkyo TX NR 616 which should be able to comfortably drive the Sonus 2605....

I always have the habit of checking the Max power consumption at the back side of the AVR (Watts)..This gives an indication of roughly how powerful / how much power it can generate....

stay away from Magnat........not worth it!!! Polks, Jamo, Sonodyne, etc will be more worth the money.

Just heard from my dealer that Polk has the new TSX series hitting the market next week, lot of improvements from current spec like bigger cabinet, 6.5 inch woofers instead of 5.5 inch etc. I may go for them...

Here are the complete specs,

bass-reflex (ported) design
frequency response: 45-24,000 Hz (-3dB)
recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts
1" silk/polymer Dynamic Balance dome tweeter
two 6-1/2" Dynamic Balance bi-laminate composite woofers with butyl rubber surrounds
impedance: 8 ohms
sensitivity: 90 dB
front-firing tuned port makes speaker less sensitive to room placement and allows closer placement to a wall
dual 5-way gold-plated binding posts allow bi-wiring or bi-amping
woodgrain vinyl finish
11-1/4"W x 37-7/16"H x 13-3/8"D
weight: 29.9 lbs.
warranty: 5 years

Last edited:
Just heard from my dealer that Polk has the new TSX series hitting the market next week, lot of improvements from current spec like bigger cabinet, 6.5 inch woofers instead of 5.5 inch etc. I may go for them...

Here are the complete specs,

bass-reflex (ported) design
frequency response: 45-24,000 Hz (-3dB)
recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts
1" silk/polymer Dynamic Balance dome tweeter
two 6-1/2" Dynamic Balance bi-laminate composite woofers with butyl rubber surrounds
impedance: 8 ohms
sensitivity: 90 dB
front-firing tuned port makes speaker less sensitive to room placement and allows closer placement to a wall
dual 5-way gold-plated binding posts allow bi-wiring or bi-amping
woodgrain vinyl finish
11-1/4"W x 37-7/16"H x 13-3/8"D
weight: 29.9 lbs.
warranty: 5 years

Hi Prem,

Any idea about the pricing ?

Are you from Bangalore, here you go... you can get a 10-12% discount on these prices. If you want to buy with me, PM me and we can speak and work out a deal with him...

TSX 330T= 28,000
TSX 110BT = 13,000
TSX 150C = 11,000

stay away from Magnat........not worth it!!! Polks, Jamo, Sonodyne, etc will be more worth the money.
Any specific reason you say this? I have been using Magnats in my HT and can vouch for their capability. I had auditioned the Jamo 426 (reliance digital) and Polk tsi 300 (at a Profx exhibition) and was not impressed at all. I found the sound tinny and not to my liking at all. I went numerous times wanting to like the Jamo but couldn't bring myself to like it.
In my budget, i also liked the Tannoy V4, Sonodyne 2605 (didn't like the dealer experience) too. Def tech procinema was another that i felt had great sound coming from such diminutive speakers.

Sound is a personal thing I guess, I didn't like Jamo and Sonodyne but liked Polk, it also has a lot to do with the ambiance and the setup room.

Sound is a personal thing I guess, I didn't like Jamo and Sonodyne but liked Polk, it also has a lot to do with the ambiance and the setup room.

Partnering amp is more important than the ambience & setup.... But the latter is very minimal.....

I have paired my Sonodyne Sonus 2605 & Wharfedale diamond 9.2 with Marantz & Onkyo receivers so far...

It had different sound signature with different amps....

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back