HELP ! Suggestion for Bookshelf speakers.

Silentpro

Hello ,
I have denon x1500h,
Currently having klipsch quintet ii as 5.0
Sub - velodyne impact mk

I'm the one how loves more punchy bass , detailed sound .. more preferable to watch movies , 2nd option is music .
Kindly suggest me with good pair of LR bookshelf...
I'll b selling my klipsch quintet to replace bookshelf...
Thanks

As you are on the Klipsch camp, I suggest sticking to one as you might like to stay with the sound signature. They are easy to drive too with modest AV receiver specs. Consider the Klipsch RP-600M. You will need a sub woofer with this one as they don't play down too low. Give these an audition. They are excellent loudspeakers.

Don't sell the Quintet's. Use the center, surrounds for the remaining channels.
Your Velodyne can continue bass and sub bass duties.

Last edited:
As you are on the Klipsch camp, I suggest sticking to one as you might like to stay with the sound signature. They are easy to drive too with modest AV receiver specs. Consider the Klipsch RP-600M. You will need a sub woofer with this one as they don't play down too low. Give these an audition. They are excellent loudspeakers.

Don't sell the Quintet's. Use the center, surrounds for the remaining channels.
Your Velodyne can continue bass and sub bass duties.
Thanks for the advice...
Klipsch quintet ii is making harsh sound, it's not matching velodyne sub as I'm not getting a proper punchy bass from sub too ..
So im thinking to go with bookshelf... will keeping quintet will be good for effect ?

Haven't heard but apparently not in the same league as the 3020i

Great speakers but they stopped making them some 4-5 years back.

Did you just emerge from a time capsule? :p
Hahha! Yep ... thinking to go bookshelf or towers is hunting on my mind since 80% use will be for movies ..

Thanks for the advice...
Klipsch quintet ii is making harsh sound, it's not matching velodyne sub as I'm not getting a proper punchy bass from sub too ..
So im thinking to go with bookshelf... will keeping quintet will be good for effect ?
There are some basic controls on the sub woofer that you might want to check that may help correct the problem. Maybe its just incorrect phase or gain.

Do a calibration run once again. Might help correct the problem. You can manually over ride some settings too. Set the sub woofer low pass at Max and the gain at the 2pm mark. You can dial down the gain later, if its too much.

Its also possible your mains are playing a lot louder than the sub for which you can adjust individual gain levels for each speaker and balance them out. Klipsch speakers can sound harsh but there is some room for correction so don't give up on them just yet.

Yeah you can use the Quintet's for Surround.

There are some basic controls on the sub woofer that you might want to check that may help correct the problem. Maybe its just incorrect phase or gain.

Do a calibration run once again. Might help correct the problem. You can manually over ride some settings too. Set the sub woofer low pass at Max and the gain at the 2pm mark. You can dial down the gain later, if its too much.

Its also possible your mains are playing a lot louder than the sub for which you can adjust individual gain levels for each speaker and balance them out. Klipsch speakers can sound harsh but there is some room for correction so don't give up on them just yet.

Yeah you can use the Quintet's for Surround.
Thanks... I have volume knob and LPF knob, phase 180/0 behind my sub ... no gain knob in my model ... so LPF should I give max ? And what about volume knob ?

Thanks... I have volume knob and LPF knob, phase 180/0 behind my sub ... no gain knob in my model ... so LPF should I give max ? And what about volume knob ?
Phase at 0. It should already be at that I guess. In some rare instances, you may need to flip it over to 180. Listen at both positions and see what you prefer. Spend some time, don't be in a hurry.
Volume (or gain) at 70% or 2pm mark
LPF turned all the way to the right or 5pm position.
Re run calibration.

What is the exact model of this sub woofer?

Phase at 0. It should already be at that I guess. In some rare instances, you may need to flip it over to 180. Listen at both positions and see what you prefer. Spend some time, don't be in a hurry.
Volume (or gain) at 70% or 2pm mark
LPF turned all the way to the right or 5pm position.
Re run calibration.

What is the exact model of this sub woofer?
Thanks ... sub model - velodyne impact 12mk

Kef offers great bookshelves. LS50, R3 etc
Dynaudio Emit 20 is also another one which is good.
Q acoustics 3030i.
Elac Uni models are worth looking at too.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back