Help with 4K pj

A few weeks ago,had a chat with one of the suppliers from lado sarai,New Delhi and he had quoted back then the price.
It was something around 144k+28%GST.
Isn’t the 9400 faux 4K . I am gravitating more towards Benq tk850; the updated version of tk 800m

Isn’t the 9400 faux 4K . I am gravitating more towards Benq tk850; the updated version of tk 800m
Benq HT3550 has rgbrgb colour wheel which renders more accurate colours with lesser lumens 2000 lumens. TK850 has rgbw colour wheel with brighter whites and more lumens than HT3550 i.e. 3000 lumens. I feel if you have a dedicated dark HT room with well controlled light, HT3550 is good. Just my opinion.

Perceived resolution in BenQ would be higher but better image quality of Epson will be bring in a better wow factor. I suggest that, if possible, you demo them both before making your decision.

Perceived resolution in BenQ would be higher but better image quality of Epson will be bring in a better wow factor. I suggest that, if possible, you demo them both before making your decision.
Very difficult to demo these days

I hand carried ViewSonic px727-4k which I bought for 60k on Amazon US around 2 years back. At that time online prices for the same were close to 3lakhs in India. It is still being sold for 2lakhs+ here

Most retailers in India still treat Projectors as a novelty item and charge ridiculously high prices even for basic 4k models like the one I have.

Try to get your projector hand carried from US. Or get it shipped by Amazon US as it may still be cheaper than local prices even after customs duty.

For example, Amazon US can ship px727 for about 1.05lakh inclusive of all taxes which is less than half the online price here.

BTW, the PX727 is damn good for the money. I am hoping it can serve me well for few more years until 8k becomes mainstream.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I was chatting with a projector dealer and repair guy today. He had a large Barco projector in his office for repairs belonging to Yashraj studios. He mentioned to me that it’s very difficult to tell the difference between 2k and 4K projected content from the usual viewing distance. That has also been my own experience where I can’t tell if the projected image is 2k or 4K. He also mentioned that even HDR is tricky in projectors. So unless my content is true 4K he asked me to stick with 2k projection. This coming from a person who can easily push me to buy a 4 k projector was noteworthy. On the budget 4K front however he recommended Benq w1700 or similar. Benq w1700 was his personal fav. Let’s see if I can get my pj repaired or the confusion continues
Hi, Can you please share with me the contact detail of this projector dealer and repair guy? I intend to get my projector get repaired. ( I am based in Mumbai) Thanks.

Checked with the dealer. Unfortunately he quoted 196k for 9400 :(

For ALR Screens from Elite Screens, he still hasn't sent a quote.

I am looking for an Epson TW9400 + ALR motorized screen. I am located in Hospet, Karnataka and can buy from Bangalore.
Please introduce the dealer whom you had purchased.
I am in Coorg.. I got the 9400 a about 2 weeks back for about 1.89.. This was from Ooberpad.. They deliver to your home..Speak to a lady called Palak.. I think Girish from Mysore got it for a bit lower better deal than mine.. but another vendor..

I am looking for an Epson TW9400 + ALR motorized screen. I am located in Hospet, Karnataka and can buy from Bangalore.
Please introduce the dealer whom you had purchased.
Just spoke to him again. He says he can close it by 182k.

Eurros screen 120inch ALR 4K screen 52,000/-

Elite 100inch ALR fixed frame screen 52,500/-

Elite Screens 120inch ALR fixed frame screen 1,85,000/-

Elite Screens 120inch ALR motorised screen 1,47,200/-

Let me know if you're interested. I can share the dealer's contact details via pm.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back